“A calm, serene getaway to chill out with family”

Planet Green Plantation Resort
Ranked #6 of 87 Kalpetta B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked Planet Green resort after hearing a first hand good review from one of our friends. We were two families with parents, and kids (basically all aged group people :)). The first experience to reach the resort was rather thrilling than a comfort ride after long 8-9 hours road journey. We reached the resort through serpentine route. It was quite confusing and we took the help of resort staff to get us on board without much hassle. We were served with welcome drinks and as we sat in the common rest area we were spellbound to see the amazing Chembra Peak (said to be the highest peak of Wayanad) surrounded by lush green plantations. Our luggage was safely sent to our rooms. We booked two premium rooms for us. These two rooms have amazing spectacular view of Wayanad lush green beauty from the balconies. The resort staff members were cordial and supportive. They had provision to serve breakfast and dinner. The food was tasty and hygienic.
Things, we liked a lot were -
1. Cool, calm, serene atmosphere - no hustle bustle of city life.
2. Neat and clean rooms with good privacy.
3. Good and cordial staff members.
4. Activities inside the resort - especially for kids, they enjoyed ducks, turkey and bird watching. There is a small water stream - water was quite clear and cool .

Few things needed more attention were -
1. Staff members were a bit unprofessional.
2. Food served once, was not made hot again. At times, we had to take cold dinners.
3. If you don't have your own vehicle then getting down to city main road is little troublesome as you have to walk down around 2Km, which is fun in day time but trust me its quite scary during night.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room instead of the premium one if you are a couple. The premium rooms has interco...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MSha_2010
There are newer reviews for Planet Green Plantation Resort

Reviewed December 10, 2012

If you are looking to get away from the hustles and bustles of the city life, I would recommend Planet Green Plantation Resort. As the name states, it is located in a plantation overlooking the Chembra Peak, has some majestic views.

From the time we booked our stay, the owner of the resort was in touch with us to see if we required any assistance in getting to the resort from our home towns. Even while coming from Kozhikode, their manager was in constant touch to see if we required any assistance.
The food is excellent and very economical. The chef prepares the dishes that you want. The vegetarian thali, fish and chicken were some of the best that we tasted.

The rooms are clean, large and airy. Each room has a spectacular view of the Chembra peak and the surrounding plantations. The price difference between the deluxe rooms and suites is not much and I would highly recommend the suites if you have children with you.

The service at this resort needs a special mention. We have never experienced this kind of service in any other resort in India. We were pampered like we were their only guests. They go out of their way to ensure that your stay is as comfortable as possible. Ask for Radha, Asif Abhi, , Shaiju.

This resort is truly value for money. We are planning on going back once a year.

Room Tip: Go for the Suites. Great value for money.
1  Thank rreddi
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was my second visit to this resort. Every time i visit, i found new expereince and pleasant stay. The staff is fantastic and very supportive. The rooms are clean and hygiene. Food is good. The best part of this resort is its location. The fantastic view from the balcony is awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I went to Planet green resort for my HM trip; WOW. its really a fantastic resort for all; who love nature view with loyal hospitality.

* Guys over the resort were really superb at hospitality especially Mr. Radha krishnan, Mr. Shaiju, Mr. Ragu, & Mr Shiju.

* Food is really fantastic; you can have a stomach full food; room service also good.

* Travelling is bit long 88 KM from Calicut airport (35+ KM hills).

* Take the premium suite room; which you can see sembaara peak's view.

* sight seeing; Suchi para falls, poo- kate lake, guruva Island; but where ever you go, you have to walk atleast 2 KM, but you can enjoy.

-->24/7 room service, Full UPS back up(no power interruption),

Verdict: This is not a five star rated resort, but I can give 6 out of 5.

Room Tip: Premium suite room is good; plan you trip in Oct- Nov which will be a nice climate over there, Dec a...
1  Thank Bromount
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The best part of this place is the stunning view and the great service!
We were provided a lot of useful information and the management showed flexibility.
This visit will remain in our minds for long for the great view and service.
Special mention of Mr.Radhakrishnan for great service. Thanks Aparna for the arrangements!

1  Thank amrut k
Reviewed November 21, 2012

“Planet Green Plantation Resorts” – this is a name which I will remember throughout. I was a student of hospitality industry and a part of it for six years, I am currently in the service industry for last 12 years. This property has set new benchmarks when it comes to “customer service”. We stayed for 4 nights.
Reservations/Booking – A meticulously rendered service, customized package, pickups and drops arranged (drop was chargeable but well informed), all queries answered including the climate, food menu, sightseeing, room conditions. Everything was delivered as promised. I am a very picky guest but first time ever I never had a chance to complain. Thanks Aparna, you run an excellent property.
Rooms/property – It’s a 10 room property, dint see all of the rooms but I guess the ones on the top floor are the best (considering the view). The rooms have all the basic facilities available. When I say basic facility I mean a dressing room, a lounging area, a bed room, private balcony. Its almost a 2 acre property within a coffee plantation, inhabited by few ducks, a noisy turkey, few cute looking monkeys and many beautiful birds.
Cons – the room could have been bit more well lit( but who needs light when you stay most of the time in balcony enjoying the view along with a drink)
Restaurant/ food – I am a born non vegetarian, probably this is the first time in my 35 years of existence I ORDERED vegetarian meals for myself overlooking the kukkad (chicken). The food was simply finger licking. Advice – do not expect a menu card. They have set veg and non-veg meals and you can be rest assured about the quality of food, do not expect a fine dining experience with multiple cuisines, enjoy the home dining experience with local delicacies. If you want some snacks delivered to your room give them few hours and let them know beforehand. I had some excellent snacks delivered to my room every evening. I will still suggest the management to have a tiny winy snacks card it’s always nice to have a choice .
Service - I saved the best for the last, hassle free check in, excellent room service; do not expect a bellboy at a push of the button but excellent service. Mr Radhakrishnan and his team was out of the world, they took care of everything I could think of. Be it a candle lit dinner a surprise dinner, wonderful food, I was obliged by their service. I was overwhelmed by the service, boggled with gratitude by the way they had taken care of me during the stay. I have worked with and stayed in best of hotel chains in India, rarely did I get this kind of service. They chalked out where to go, what to do, what to buy, where to buy it from all I had to do was “pay”. Mr Saiju even took us to a restaurant where I was served the “kerala meal” on banana leave, just the way I saw on TLC. Do not forget to ask him to take you to the saree shop for the traditional saris. I have been to numerous parts of India and these guys are the best in class.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floors.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff here is very friendly. Special mention to Mr Radhakrishna for his excellent service. We were slightly uncomfortable initially for we felt that the balcony is very unsafe for our 2 year old boy but the owners and the staff were very cooperative and made temporary wiring arrangements. If you are planning a trip in summer then it's not advisable as this place has no air-conditioning. The place is quite scenic and our stay was very peaceful.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family