We booked Planet Green resort after hearing a first hand good review from one of our friends. We were two families with parents, and kids (basically all aged group people :)). The first experience to reach the resort was rather thrilling than a comfort ride after long 8-9 hours road journey. We reached the resort through serpentine route. It was quite confusing and we took the help of resort staff to get us on board without much hassle. We were served with welcome drinks and as we sat in the common rest area we were spellbound to see the amazing Chembra Peak (said to be the highest peak of Wayanad) surrounded by lush green plantations. Our luggage was safely sent to our rooms. We booked two premium rooms for us. These two rooms have amazing spectacular view of Wayanad lush green beauty from the balconies. The resort staff members were cordial and supportive. They had provision to serve breakfast and dinner. The food was tasty and hygienic.
Things, we liked a lot were -
1. Cool, calm, serene atmosphere - no hustle bustle of city life.
2. Neat and clean rooms with good privacy.
3. Good and cordial staff members.
4. Activities inside the resort - especially for kids, they enjoyed ducks, turkey and bird watching. There is a small water stream - water was quite clear and cool .
Few things needed more attention were -
1. Staff members were a bit unprofessional.
2. Food served once, was not made hot again. At times, we had to take cold dinners.
3. If you don't have your own vehicle then getting down to city main road is little troublesome as you have to walk down around 2Km, which is fun in day time but trust me its quite scary during night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This resort has the best view from all the rooms of the Mount Chembra, the highest peak of Wayanad. There are two types of rooms- 4 nos of Premium apartment suites having approx 675 sq ft full furnished drawing room, two balcony, bedrooms, two balconies and six rooms with balconies and 300 sq ft excellent quality rooms. There is a mountain stream inside and the resort is surrounded by tea gardens and natural forests.We can arrange trekking, camp fire, tribal dance, archery classes and tribal cuisine. River walk, rafting, tea garden walk etc are other attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Planet Green Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Green Plantation Resort Kalpetta, Kerala, India