Grassroots Wayanad(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Breakfast included
CYBELE HILL RESORTS(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$57
Sharoy Resort(Kalpetta)
$181
  • Breakfast included
Wyndvalley Garden Resort(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$36
  • Restaurant
Pepper Green Village(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$46
$79
$74
$91
Himadri Retreat(Kalpetta)(Great Value!)
$29
$43
  • Breakfast included
All reviewschembra peaksmall streamcoffee and teaapproach roaddeluxe roomtree housekalpetta towntourist placesmorning walkscenic viewclose to naturebirds chirpingvisited wayanadlocal cuisinegoogle mapsdosathe main road
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The best part of this place is the stunning view and the great service!
We were provided a lot of useful information and the management showed flexibility.
This visit will remain in our minds for long for the great view and service.
Special mention of Mr.Radhakrishnan for great service. Thanks Aparna for the arrangements!

1  Thank amrut k
Reviewed November 21, 2012

“Planet Green Plantation Resorts” – this is a name which I will remember throughout. I was a student of hospitality industry and a part of it for six years, I am currently in the service industry for last 12 years. This property has set new benchmarks when it comes to “customer service”. We stayed for 4 nights.
Reservations/Booking – A meticulously rendered service, customized package, pickups and drops arranged (drop was chargeable but well informed), all queries answered including the climate, food menu, sightseeing, room conditions. Everything was delivered as promised. I am a very picky guest but first time ever I never had a chance to complain. Thanks Aparna, you run an excellent property.
Rooms/property – It’s a 10 room property, dint see all of the rooms but I guess the ones on the top floor are the best (considering the view). The rooms have all the basic facilities available. When I say basic facility I mean a dressing room, a lounging area, a bed room, private balcony. Its almost a 2 acre property within a coffee plantation, inhabited by few ducks, a noisy turkey, few cute looking monkeys and many beautiful birds.
Cons – the room could have been bit more well lit( but who needs light when you stay most of the time in balcony enjoying the view along with a drink)
Restaurant/ food – I am a born non vegetarian, probably this is the first time in my 35 years of existence I ORDERED vegetarian meals for myself overlooking the kukkad (chicken). The food was simply finger licking. Advice – do not expect a menu card. They have set veg and non-veg meals and you can be rest assured about the quality of food, do not expect a fine dining experience with multiple cuisines, enjoy the home dining experience with local delicacies. If you want some snacks delivered to your room give them few hours and let them know beforehand. I had some excellent snacks delivered to my room every evening. I will still suggest the management to have a tiny winy snacks card it’s always nice to have a choice .
Service - I saved the best for the last, hassle free check in, excellent room service; do not expect a bellboy at a push of the button but excellent service. Mr Radhakrishnan and his team was out of the world, they took care of everything I could think of. Be it a candle lit dinner a surprise dinner, wonderful food, I was obliged by their service. I was overwhelmed by the service, boggled with gratitude by the way they had taken care of me during the stay. I have worked with and stayed in best of hotel chains in India, rarely did I get this kind of service. They chalked out where to go, what to do, what to buy, where to buy it from all I had to do was “pay”. Mr Saiju even took us to a restaurant where I was served the “kerala meal” on banana leave, just the way I saw on TLC. Do not forget to ask him to take you to the saree shop for the traditional saris. I have been to numerous parts of India and these guys are the best in class.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floors.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Staff here is very friendly. Special mention to Mr Radhakrishna for his excellent service. We were slightly uncomfortable initially for we felt that the balcony is very unsafe for our 2 year old boy but the owners and the staff were very cooperative and made temporary wiring arrangements. If you are planning a trip in summer then it's not advisable as this place has no air-conditioning. The place is quite scenic and our stay was very peaceful.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

It was nice staying at Planet Green resort.
We stayed on the 1st week of November 2012.

Resort is surrounded by forest and tea estate.
Balcony view was very good, you can see chembra peak and tea estate
from the balcony. I uploaded photos which I took from balcony.
Rooms and resort were maintained very clean.

Staff were polite, responsive and helpful.
Radha krishna, one of staffs, was very friendly and helpful.
He took us to tea estate for a morning walk and also
guided us for other parts of wayanad.

I want to mention two things which they need to
improve are
1. There was wifi connection, but weak or no internet connectivity.
2. Blankets needs to be replaced with good quality.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The team here is VERY accomodating which is the highlight of this place.

The facilities are a bit wanting: The hot water is best at the mornings but run rather warm later on; they dont stock many soft drinks, cigarettes or other small items and the next store is 15 mins away on the main road; however the staff will oblige and get it for you :)

The rooms dont have a coffee machine or mini fridge, something that they should add to make it convenient for the guests

So overall the facilities are just bare minimum but the staff and service is really excellent. considering the tariff, its still a good deal.

They also have a tea garden across the stream which is a good mini trek and fun. The view of the hills from the room is excellent and big live turkey with some cackling geese make the mornings lively.

Room Tip: All the rooms are similar and all have a hill view. There is no A/C in the rooms, so if its summer time please check with them if there will be a facility.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family