“Heaven on Earth”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I spent three wonderful weeks here and can thoroughly and wholeheartedly recommend it. This is a special place and people here have already mentioned the peaceful surroundings and kind caring staff. I feel as if my experiences here have changed my life having returned with a healthier, leaner body, my mind is calm and focused and I fully intend to continue with these changes to my lifestyle which I have learned at here. I have seen some criticism of the doctor, but I found him kind, compassionate and knowledgeable.

The bedrooms are enormous, private and clean, however this is not a 5* resort and the power does tend to cut out sometimes, the bathrooms have a tired look to them, but then again they are not charging 5* prices. But if you are looking for a special place where you will be gently nurtured, brought back to health and looked after then this is the place for you.

1  Thank NewforestAli

Reviewed April 28, 2010

An amazing Holistic traditional Ayurveda & Yoga Meditation retreat. A most relaxing peaceful place to experience full Ayurveda Treatments with wonderful helpful, gentle and understanding staff. Location is superb, with amazing views of the River and country Kerala life, wonderful sunrises, you also awaken to the the spender of forest birds greeting the day and opportunities to experience local spiritual activities. Outstanding walks through the National Park and rural farms. Town is 35 minutes away by car easily arranged by staff, Safari for seeing Elephants, Deer, Peacocks, Bison is a must. Villas are well set out for privacy, clean, spacious with an asian country traditional feel with modern facilities, food is fresh tasty and Ayurvedic. This is the place to have a total immersion into the experience including getting to know the friendly gentle people and the culture, it like staying with a good friend. You will feel always welcome and leave with sadness as if leaving your family. I highly recommend to recharge, get healthy and relaxation and experience Kerala hospitality.

4  Thank genesis101
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed for one month at Ayurveda Yoga Villa and I really enjoyed my stay. It's located beautifully with a river floating by just in front of the place. The staff is very friendly and the ayurvedic treatments are really good. I felt almost as new after I finished the treatment program. You can go for a walk in the forest and there's lots of ancient big trees and there's a special feeling to walk there. You can also go for a cooling swim in the river. I also liked the food very much. I can warmly recommend you to go to this place.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

We experienced 28 days of genuine ayurveda treatments in a quiet place surrounded by nature/. We got an impression of the local people`s life when walking along the ricefields.

The room was spacious and we had a wonderful view over the river.

We appreciated the sevice and felt cared for. We enjoyed the vegetarian food at the terrasse.

The treatments were very good. Generally too many people to socalize with even when you don`t want or need it.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed March 15, 2010

I had heard a lot about this center before i went there and the trip proved very valuable to me. The atmosphere and ambience there is really special. The facilities are good and the treatment given is excellent. The daily yoga practice and pure ayurvedic life style relaxed my mind and body. I feel this was one of my best decisions in life.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnaHelsinki
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I went to India and Ayurveda Yoga Villa to do a full cleansing of the body. It was my first time doing a Panchakarma detox and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.

After a long drive from Bangalore, where I was picked-up by wonderful people from Ayurveda Yoga Villa, we arrived to the beatiful location on the country side. Surrounded by nature, a river flowing by, peaceful and quiet and incredeably clean air.

When I arrived they had just changed management and a lot of the staff so there were some confusions and maybe a little disorganization during my first days. Not everything was according to the info on the website and there were a lot of discussion about that. However the staff was just wonderful, warm and really doing their best and during my stay I could see several changes and improvements.

The Panchakarma detox is quite tough but I felt Ayurveda Yoga Villa was a good place to do it. My room was really nice with a view of the river, the food was increadable and the surroundings beautiful.

I stayed for 34 days, lost 8 kilos and came home feeling like new. I can definitely recommend Ayurveda Yoga Villa for Ayurvedic treatment. I think it's important to be focused on your purpose when you are there since it's not a "touristy-spa". It's a very good place for cleansing, meditation and relaxation. I personally couldn't participate in the yoga classes (morning and evening) but heard from the others that the new yoga teacher was really great!

The only reason I put very good and not excellent on my over all rating is due to the changes they're still working on - but I'm quite confident it won't be long until they have it all down, might even be since I've been home.

I'll be glad to give more information if you're interested in going

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Iwa05
Reviewed February 28, 2010

This was a very nice experience to me.
The location is unique.
You hear only the noise of nature – no traffic.
All the bungalows are space full.
The people from the resort are very friendly, helpfull and always smiling.
Therapeutics and doctor knows their job very well.
The local people are very friendly.
NP

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Pino6262
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
#1 of 1 in Beeramballi
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
BEST WESTERN PLUS Ekobarn
#4 of 22 in Kalpetta

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!