We were adviced this place by our ayurvedic doctor in Holland as being one of the best authentic ayurvedic treatment centers. After 3 weeks of panchakarma ( the detoxification treatment) we can say that all the positive feedback from other guests is really true indeed. Although the whole cleaning out programme can give you some difficult moment, the whole staff and all the people who take care of you (4 doctors, all the massage and treatment people, the puja and kalari master, the yoga teacher, the kitchen staff, housekeeping cleaners and gardeners) are there to be at service to you and make your stay as pleasant as possible. There is a vibrant, loving energy in this place, where it is tangible that everbody working here is very happy to be part of this ayurvedic caretaking family. They get a lot of thankfulness and happy smiles back from all the guests and this works like a perpetuum mobile! To end I would like to share 3 tips:
1. All the guesthouses are more or less the same on the inside, only front and middle are less noisy than the back cottages, since in these you hear more sounds from the indian rural people living next to the ayurvedic premises (but NO music and they go to bed very early). AND if you feel something is missing, you can kindly ask and they will provide you, if possible.
2. The ayurvedic whole body massages with oil are traditionally done in a rhythmic way, with a certain pressure and speed. My impression was that sometimes this was done in a routine way, where the strokes were done so fast that it made me personally restless. It took me many days to become aware of this. Once I asked to slow down, the massages became beneficial and relaxing for me! They always ask you: "pressure okay, mam?" but forget to ask: "speed okay, mam?"
3. You don't need to bring old clothes for oil treatment, because they now have long treatment dresses (also for men) that you can buy for very little and the laundry service is very cheap, so make use if this for your own comfort.
4. Finally a tip for those who really seek optimal quietness in which to undergo this internal cleaning process: they do have 6 guesthouses way up in the mountain, with same treatment care, 1 doctor, same balanced food diet, yoga teacher etc. For booking this hill-top place send them an email for more detail and information ♡♡♡
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ayurveda yoga holistic research centre for Detoxification and rejuvenation programme designed to get optimum result by treating body,mind prana.The process primarily seeks to restore the vital strength of the body by eliminating the accumulated toxins and making the tissues pure.Our practices and exercises in the lessons at Yoga Spirit are developed by including self-acupressure, meditative or breathing exercises in order of the different sections of the lesson enables you to relax and purify your body through Ayurveda as well and we practise daily Asana, Pranayama and including Dharma and chanting in 90 minutes. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa Hotel Kalpetta
- Ayurveda Yoga Villa Kalpetta, Kerala, India