Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kalpetta
See available hotels
Mayookham Resort(Thirunelly)
Hiliya Resort(Kenichira)
Wayanad Blooms(Kenichira)
Machaan Nagarahole(Srimangala)
View Hotel
The Woods Resorts(Sultan Bathery)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholistic approachlife changingfour weeksthe kitchen staffhealing processpancha karmadoctors and therapistsmountain retreatudayagiri retreatweight lossmartial artswestern medicinetreatment roomsan open mindfeeling amazinghealth problemseveryday life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had a poor experience. I booked online and paid a 20% deposit. I received a confirmation email. Then a day or two later I received another email telling me my booking had been moved to AYV's other place 45 minutes away. NO APOLOGY, NO EXPLANATION. I protested and after a couple more suggestions from them such as starting in one place and moving to the other they eventually told me I could have what I had originally asked for. By this point I had lost confidence in AYV and decided to go elsewhere. According to the small print my deposit was non-refundable but I believe a top quality organisation would have acknowledged their fault and made some sort of offer. I can only conclude that Money matters more to AYV than anything else.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
14  Thank Denis M
kuruva, Owner at Ayurveda Yoga Villa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Sir,

We are sincerely sorry about this incident and your loss of confidence in our ayurvedic centres. We have unfortunately had some over-booking problems recently due to a bug in our reservation software. That is why you received an email the day after your reservation saying that we would have to move your reservation to Udayairi Mountain Retreat in order to honor it.

Our mountain retreat is 30 km from Ayurveda Yoga Villa and is operated by the same management. The therapists and ayurvedic physicians work out of both locations and close contact is maintained between the two centres on a daily basis. Udayagiri Mountain Retreat benefits from an ideal locaton in the mountains, very peaceful and secluded, it is a great place for yoga and meditation, not to mention the ayurvedic therapy which is of the same standard as in Ayurveda Yoga Villa.This centre has also recieved many great reviews from past guests. Transferring you to Udayagiri Mountain Retreat was not meant to disadvantage you in any way. We were simply trying to find a solution to the issue at hand. Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Kind regards,
Ayurveda Yoga Villa

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I expected a lot of my 21-day stay in Ayurveda Yoga Villa.
I went for a 21-day Panchakarma treatment.
Doctors, staff, food, treatments, yoga, ... everything was perfect and even better than I expected.
You meet people from all over the world and many will be friends for the next years.
Everything is well organised, and you get help anytime you need it. The treatment needs some effort, it's not all 'that easy'.
Really recommended! Hans BELGIUM

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Hans L
Reviewed January 23, 2014

With a ten years experience in ayurvedic treatments in Kerala, AYV results as one of the best pace I know.
The environment is beautiful, cottages are large and comfortable, food delicious, and everybody is doing his best to make you stay as enjoyable as possible.
Yoga, meditation sessions and bhajans singing give the place a spiritual dimension that you will not find in many other places.
Viviane

Room Tip: herbal cottage is definitely the best, you'll face the river and experience a special ayurvedic environment
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank vivi928
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have returned back from my 10 weeks of holiday to India out of which is spent 4 weeks in November/December 2013 at the Ayurveda Yoga Villa which is an ideal place to relax, rewind and rejuvenate what an experience loved it.

The villa is located on the hilltop the whole surrounding is just amazing and beautiful. The place is well planned and environmentally friendly, the food served is grown at their own Organic farm the milk is produced from their own cows so it is really fresh. I would like to thank the owner Ajhit a very soft spoken and caring gentleman whom I met at the villa for developing this outstanding retreat for people like me to visit and relax.

The staffs at the AYV are just amazing always smiling, caring, helpful, each guest is treated as
individual. My Special thanks to Dr Binu and Dr Anu for listening to me and my problems and giving all the help and support, my 2 beautiful massage ladies Jyoti and Samily they were professional and experienced and Sachin who massaged my neck and shoulder, The yoga instructor Shakti was fantastic with a balanced holistic approach, Kishore who was always there helping with anything and everything, my lovely medicine girls who will never forget to bring medicine with a smile, the cooks who prepared lovely food for us and everyone else love you guys, thank you and see you again.

I went to Ayurveda Yoga Villa to do a full cleansing of the body. It was my first time doing a Panchakarma detox and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. About 7 days of Panchakarma detox are quite tough but I felt Ayurveda Yoga Villa was a good place to do it. The three week detox program was amazing it is designed to renew your body and while that is happening, your spirit and health improves. This place certainly has a special quality; you can't help but relax and soak up the beauty that surrounds

you. I left feeling revitalized, rejuvenated and mentally and physically lighter. For me it was a journey back to myself.

I met people from everywhere around the world and made friends with them and built a lovely memory there not a day goes by that I don't think about them and our lovely stay at AYV. Everyone came to the Ayurveda Yoga Villa for a different reason, mine was my neck and back problems and to make myself stronger, inside my mind and soul, which I definitely did.

Thank you all once again what an experience.

Room Tip: I felt no matter which room you book they are all equally amazing
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Becky K
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was at AYV for 11 days just before Christmas 2013. I felt surrounding by caring responsible people who went out of their way to make one feel welcome and special. Each guest was treated as a individual. It was challenging at times as our bodies were gently coaxed to change and heal, but the calm environment and strong nature and the lovely people all went to make it a totally holistic healing experience. Thank you.

Room Tip: The back bungalows may be noisier at times, but more shady in the heat
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo