“Ideal for an ayurvedic rejuvenation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Helsinki
“Ideal for an ayurvedic rejuvenation”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I must say, a visit to the Ayurveda Yoga Villa Resort was the highlight of my trip to India. The accommodations and location were ideal. Me and my wife spent time just hanging around the resort and taking advantage of all of the amenities which it had to offer. We started to unwind by making hands-on at Kaleri and lounging around the yoga hall and ayurvedic treatment areas. In the mean time we could see some wild animals crossing the river without making any harm to the habitation. It was amazing to see the sophisticated interaction between humans and animals! Moreover the entire area was well secured.

The resort by itself is very environment-friendly and it's staffs are guest-friendly. They are dedicated to serve guests and to ensure cleanliness. There are many surrounding areas to keep one busy whole day. The rich heritage of Ayurveda Yoga Villa Resort with it's traditional Kerala elegance and quiet charm is speechless. Named for the yoga combined with ayurvedic treatment, the resort immerses one in relaxation and sanctity. The resort is a riverside resort featuring traditional Indian architecture and great activities like Kaleri, Yoga, ayurvedic treatments with the medicines made by the resort's own ayurvedic pharmacy. The resort's traditional combined with modern ambience offers peace and calmness, and the location is perfect right in the heart of one of the country's most popular vacation spots. Local attractions include Kuruva Dweep or island, Edakkal caves, Muthunga Wildlife Sanctuary, Meenmutty waterfalls and much more.

The place was breathtaking with beautiful river touching the resort. Warm breezes from the Kuruva island awakens one's mind and soul. The units of the resort are wonderful with lots of space to relax in. Overall the resort is very clean, very well maintained, lots of areas for relaxation. In short a great escape from the busy life. It was an amazing time with family. The entire arrangements were good and the personnel really brought life to the yoga villa! We enjoyed every moment in Ayurveda Yoga Villa. In one sentence I say 'The sun warmed the heart, the water got the body moving and the breeze soothed the soul'. This resort really gives a great opportunity to go back in time, to being a yogi again! We had a very memorable time which we will never forget and we still talk about it even today. Thank you for making the arrangements for the stay.

Room Tip: Try to get one facing the river. The view and breezes really calm you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank aaranHelsinki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Place from fairy tale. Every day I couldn't believe that it happens with me. Team of Ayurvedayogavilla have made everything for my happiness there. 1,5-3 hours per day massage with 4 hands, shower with special herbs, oil applications, amazing food, correct youga moning and evening  and tantric fire ceremonies at the beginning and at the end of a day. I envy myself because of luck to be there.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Maria S
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur, France
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was searching for a 3 days yoga training in the french Alps and I ended it up in Kerala for 2 weeks!
I organized my trip in 10 days and I didn't really know where I was heading to!
From the first minute I knew I was at the right place.
All the team is here for you. It's a quiet place with serious body and health treatment. I insist on serious because I have been to a lot of thermal places 5 stars or less and what I noticed at Ayurveda Yoga Villa is that the focus is on real medical Ayurveda treatment with doctors that sees you every day. Yoga courses twice a day, ayurveda cooking, medecine and body tratment. In 2 weeks time my insomnia and my arthrisis were cured. It's now more than a month that I came back and the improvement are still going on.
I follow what they told me to and trully my life is much better and much more confortable. My aim, is to go there every year. Hope I'll be able to do it!

Room Tip: the one near the river!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Serraggia
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I spent a month at AYV in June, choosing the monsoon package which includes 3 hours of treatment instead of the usual 1 hour. I knew I wanted to do the panchakarma detox before I arrived and had been considering going to a yoga ashram in Kerala that I had been to a couple of times before. However, I opted for AYV as I wanted a more personal experience, rather than being one in a crowd of a hundred and AYV did not disappoint. Monsoon period is typically quieter than the rest of the year, although there were a couple of weeks in June where there were at least 20 people there. The atmosphere when quiet is very different to when there are a number of people residing, so if it is important for you to have some solitude, you might want to consider the hill top location as an alternative which is much more secluded and is ideal for meditation. It’s about 25 km from the main villa but I was lucky enough to be able to visit it along with the owner Ajith who kindly took me there. Being monsoon season meant it was much cooler than other times of the year which was very nice, however, the mosquitoes were out in force so bring plenty of repellent.

I went with a pinched nerve in my neck, and was in desperate need of some de-stressing. After a month in the AYV, I was much more relaxed, with fewer aches and pains. The doctors were great and would take the time to listen to any concerns and to explain any treatments that they prescribed. The treatment girls are fantastic – very professional and kind and always looking out to ensure you get the best possible treatment to suit your needs. The staff at AYV will do their utmost to address any issues you may have and will adapt rooms/meals/treatments to suit your preferences. I particularly enjoyed the daily poojas and the twice weekly bajan (chanting) sessions which became more and more meaningful as the month progressed.

Do your research about panchakarma before you go as it can be tough at times, especially the first week when you are not allowed to do any activities and drink ghee and eat nothing but rice water soup! The week drags, I warn you – take plenty of books to read!

Organisation and communication could at times be improved but I found that the longer I was at the villa, the less this bothered me and by the time my month was over, I was feeling very sad at the thought of having to leave. Will def plan to come back again, and would again choose the monsoon period.

Room Tip: Number 10/saraswati room is a river front cottage and is very peaceful as it is at the end of a row...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank KAWJuba
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Let's say that I know a bit about Ayurveda & have gone to quite a few retreats. If you are wondering whether this could be the right place for you in terms of; authenticity, knowledge of the staff, kindness of the staff, understanding of the staff, organization as a whole, the food, the treatments, the location – and most importantly the care & love of every single of them – then don’t look any further – Ayurveda Yoga Villa is the place for you. When I left I completely unexpectedly cried for about 2 hours, because they all touched my heart so much. All of it was real, you can’t do more real than that and you want a real Ayurveda experience to let go of the past and embrace the future by being in the present. I am planning to return next year. Try it and see for yourself! If you are committed it is guaranteed to change your life for the better! It has mine :-) :-) :-) :-):-):-):-):-) Sonia

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank SoniaDevi
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I did 21 days of Panchakarma and 10 days of Rejuvenation at Ayurveda Yoga Villa in February to March 2012. I found it to be an incredible experience, it felt as if the process removed a huge amount of long-held-onto emotional and physical toxins from deep inside of me. I felt quite a strong personal transformation, and learnt a lot about myself, yoga, and meditation.
The staff are all incredibly caring and heartfelt, particularly the yoga teacher Shakti, and Dr Suhas. Such a nurturing and loving environment is a rarity. There is a lot of personal attention, and spiritual and lifestyle guidance.
The countryside location is very peaceful, and you can walk and meditate beside the river.
I would recommend that if you are doing the Panchakarma, to try and fit in some time to do the Rejuvenation phase afterwards, as that was when I personally felt a huge amount of happiness, lightness and positivity.

• Stayed February 2012
6 Thank tigertiger9
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 15, 2012

AYV is such beautiful setting in which to restore and enhance body, mind, and spirit! The atmosphere is supportive, loving, and relaxed. In short, I would highly recommend a stay at AYV. In long and for more comments, please read on. Yoga classes were quite nice (hatha yoga). Pranayama (yogic breathing) is emphasized and is part of yoga class. Kalari is good exercise, great for leg strength and cardiovascular workout. Visiting the river is marvelous, as are the flowers in the gardens. All staff are skilled, knowledgeable, and very available. You get individual attention tailored to your program. The food is quite nice, not so spicy as elsewhere in India, so easy on your stomach during treatments. The flow of information was informal; most of what I needed I learned from other guests, so ask lots of questions. Read about panchakarma so that you know what that is about. I went to check out Ayurveda (never having used, knowing only a little about it), for some rejuvenation, and yoga. I lost 5 kg (11 lbs), got back into practicing yoga, and now I know better what Ayurveda is about. Some guests had terrific health results. I felt lighter, stronger, and more energetic. The puja hall was a bit too smoky for me, and although I really enjoy this type of spiritual focus, I elected not to go most days. Bajan, known to me also as kirtan (call and response chanting) was nice held W and Sa evenings. For both of those, I'd suggest staff work up some written song sheets and explanations about the chants for those of us who relate better knowing a little more. They keep you quite busy; however, will work with you to have schedule that suits you and provides adequate rest. I was there during monsoon, and I'd recommend this period - the rain is nice (lower in this year 2012), and a bit fewer guests are typically there at this time so more attention for you, and you're energy in the cooler, rainy environment is more open to receiving treatments.

Other things are available and helpful to know at AYV that I didn't find on the website and you might like to inquire about, such as: bring old clothes that can get massage oil in them or buy a treatment dress for minimal cost or men can ask for help getting a doti (men's skirt); laundry soap and shampoo can be purchased there; laundry takes a few days to get back to you, so you may elect to wash your own; Fridays there is pharmacy class; ask for a cooking class to be organized; visit the sacred cows that provides your milk; private yoga and Kalari classes at extra fee; vodaphone air card for internet works there if you are staying for a longer term and know how to obtain (tata photon did not). I'm not listing all extras to leave you some surprise. You may consider bringing a meditation cushion if you have one to help with sitting for long periods of time (~1 hr), inflatable models are available. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Sara_Rhoton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
#2 of 7 in Sultan Bathery

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!