“Life Saving” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ayurveda Yoga Villa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kalpetta
London, United Kingdom
“Life Saving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

The reason I chose the Ayurveda Yoga Villa was because it had positive reviews from others who had been there. I was not very sure what to expect, never having been to India before but I needed to be de-stressed and revitalised and they did it for me.
I have to say that the Doctors and other staff offering the treatments were all very kind and efficient. The setting is very special, on the bank of a river, high up in the mountains. The garden is taken care of with great care so that there always seems to be an abundance of flowers.
I would have liked more information in the beginning, however I put my trust in the doctors and it has paid off.
For me the combination of yoga and Ayurvedic treatment worked very well. I would strongly recommend the Ayurveda Yoga Clinic to anybody who has need of care and treatment and who wants to try out this kind of holistic approach.

Room Tip: Had I known I would have gone for one of the back cottages; they offer more privacy. I did however h...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank John H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
Tuusula, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

First time in India was so marvelous, that I am sure I will come back. And the biggest reason for that was the Ayerveda Yoga Villa, I was there 29 days! The place has such a marvelous energy, so that you feel homely very soon. I had a littele experience about Ayerveda, and there I got so much information step by step that I can understand the holistic point of view so well. There you can get everything that you need! Wonderful people taking care of you, beautiful nature, best treatments, doctors whose knowledge was enormous (also so holistic) and very clean accomodation. During the Panchakarma everything was so meaningfull! The Yoga lessons took me above rational mind and I fell in love with Yoga!
My awareness was much clearer and larger when I left the place. There will always be especial place in my heart for Yoga Villa and people in there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank SeijaPo
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I arrived at Ayurveda Yoga Villa on March 1st of 2012. I spent 32 glorious days in bliss. The staff truly cares about you and caters to your every need. The food was delicious as well. I did the Panchakarma program and felt some deep healing and astounding results. I also had broken my leg 6 months earlier and was still in a lot of pain but after the month of daily treatment I can now say that I am 100 percent pain free and able to walk with no problems at all. If you are looking for the best Panchakarma program at extremely reasonable rates...you found it and you will not be disappointed by all the added extras at Ayurveda Yoga Villa! I will be back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are villas and they are private. The villas in the front closer to the river are the b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank Lifehealer
Pozos, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

The first time I visited AYV was in 2010 at the beginning of my travels. I stayed for 7 weeks. In Dec 2011, I spent 20 days at another center in Kerala because the villa was booked. In comparison, AYV was much more to my liking.
Jan 2012 was my second time and I did the panchakarma program.I was so happy to see familiar faces and be greeted so warmly.Everyone is very helpful and they have a "no worries" and calm attitude to everything they do, especially in the kitchen. There are two more doctors, a pharmacy and they also prepare some of the remedies. I arrived with a bronchitis condition that started in Dec.2011. Panchakarma was suggested since I wasn't getting better with the regular treatments. Parts of it were quite challenging for me and the results were worth it. I left 13 kgs lighter and definately felt rejuvenated. I met wonderful people from around the world and some of them I am still in contact with and have visited. I was there from Jan 14th to March 28th and then spent a week at the beach before returning to Europe.
Plan to stay at least 28 days to get wonderful benefits. Make sure to book ahead.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
12 Thank DianaPozos_CostaRica
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We spent wonderful 17 days at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. We returned home with improved health (significantly lowered cholesterol and blood pressure plus weight loss without dieting), quiet minds and enriched souls. The staff at the Villa created extremely friendly atmosphere giving us an unforgettable experience. We enjoyed personal attention of all the staff members to all our needs. I wish we could stay there longer.
Bibianna and Bogdan , Houston, USA

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank met001234
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

If you are looking for a place to experience the true principles of 'ayurveda', rejuvenation, transformation, and much more, then ayurvedayogavilla is the place to visit. The warmest of welcomes, clean, safe, beauty, nourishing at all levels including great food, homely, and friendly. The doctors were always available, and one feels secure in the knowledge that the therapies are exactly what is required and that time. The therapists take great care of you and always ensure that you are comfortable and always you are received with smiles. The cottages were very spacious and gardens are full of delightful sights and smells (jasmine included). Just being there is healing in itself. Will certainly return for another visit in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank lap24
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

One of the first impressions when arriving at Ayurveda Yoga Villa after a long, eventful journey through the most breathtaking mountains of Wayanad, is the team's heartfelt, warm welcome. It soon became apparent that we had arrived at the right address where the principles of the ancient science and philosophy of Ayurveda are respectfully applied and honoured in a context of utmost professionalism and care.
The daily consultations with our Doctor were thorough, investigative and highly instructive. Indeed much time and care was taken to individualise treatments and advice. The weekly on-site pharmacy visit and explanations was very interesting for anyone who is keen to understand how the medicines and oils are made.
We were made to feel part of the family, at home and truly safe in the hands of the this expert team whose kindness never faltered. The food was out of this world excellent, the environment a reflection of God's original plan, and the healing current very strong.
We were accommodated in a lovely, well-kept cottage with its own stoop and terrace set in gorgeous gardens with a view of the river just below that flows tranquilly amid tropical forest whence you can hear the trumpeting of wild elephants if you listen carefully. If you feel like leaving this paradise garden to explore the surrounding villages, wildlife sanctuaries, Mysore, the managers have suggestions, support and solutions for such trips.
What I liked most.: The artfully prepared ayurvedic food, the peace, the beauty, the individualised care, people's kindness.
It's just a question of time before we come back here. No need to look any further.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Lawrie_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Orange County Resorts Kabini
Orange County Resorts Kabini
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!