Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kalpetta
See available hotels
Mayookham Resort(Thirunelly)
Hiliya Resort(Kenichira)
Wayanad Blooms(Kenichira)
Machaan Nagarahole(Srimangala)
View Hotel
The Woods Resorts(Sultan Bathery)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsholistic approachlife changingfour weeksthe kitchen staffhealing processpancha karmadoctors and therapistsmountain retreatudayagiri retreatweight lossmartial artswestern medicinetreatment roomsan open mindfeeling amazinghealth problemseveryday life
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed 2 weeks and wished I could have stayed longer. The location is ideal if you are looking for a peaceful and quiet place. You are surrounded by nature and can see and hear the river from the front cottages and the main building.
The people there are nice and caring, the doctors are very professional, the food is excellent and I really enjoyed the yoga classes too (group or private).
I came back home extremely relaxed and try to apply some ayurvedic principles to my day to day life.
Overall a very authentic and serene place!
I will come back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bliss7777
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Coming to Ayurveda Yoga villa was on of the best decisions I ever made. I arrived, stressed, exhausted, suffering from insomnia and a variety of health problems. I left feeling calm and as though I had been given my life back. I decided to go here after reading all the positive reviews on trip advisor. It just seemed like the right place, what I was after. From the minute I arrived I knew I had made the right decision. Everyone was very welcoming. The living accommodation was comfortable. It is not fancy, but I hadn’t come to stay in a hotel. The grounds were beautiful. The location felt very special and part of the whole treatment. I realised quickly that they don’t just treat the physical here. They work on your mind, body and soul. It is this combination that creates the lasting change. I learned so much about myself in this process. Dr Arun was amazing, always calm and ready to listen and help. Dr Vippin who was there once a week was very helpful. The treatments were so wonderful. They are co-ordinated by the doctors and change every few days according to your health needs. The girls, Akila and Farsila who I had every day, cared so much. Again there was a spiritual aspect to each part of the treatment. The medicine had very powerful effects. One aspect of caution, each person should listen to their own body. If something is not working for you or you think it is making you worse, be firm and make the treatment work for you. Only you really know what your body is doing. The food is so delicious, I looked forward to each meal and I never got bored of it! I wish I could manage to make it for myself still. I will try! The yoga teachers are so great. You can do group sessions or pay a small amount for private sessions. I had private sessions with Navin which were great and also with Shakti which was very special. On top of this there is the cultural program. The puja early every morning if you can wake up for it and the singing bhajans twice a week. Every single person who works there cares so much and seems happy to be there. There is a lot of love in this place. Meeting Agit the owner at the end of my stay made sense of the philosophy for me. He believes so much in what they are doing and is at the heart of it. Going there has changed my life. It is a transformative place. I would recommend it to anyone. Thank you everyone at Ayurveda Yoga Villa!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank PChristian
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I spent over two months at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. 6 weeks for a long Panchakarma (cleansing of the body) and 4 weeks for Rejuvenation (treatments to nourish the body and beauty treatments).

From the medical and therapeutic perspective, I felt very well supervised by the doctors. They are very competent. A consultation is planned with one of them every day to discuss about the effects of the treatments, patient’s expectations, habits to change in the everyday life, spirituality, Ayurveda, etc…

Massages and treatments are given by very professional, respectful, conscientious and talented therapists.

Food is outstanding! It’s vegetarian, without fish and eggs. Always fresh, delicious, light, varied, prepared and served with love.

Staff is friendly, competent, very efficient, always present and ready to satisfy our comfort and needs.

Cottages are very comfortable (I stayed in an Herbal Cottage), spacious and clean.

The environmental context is a real paradise. Indeed the center is located within a National Park, sitting in a beautiful, quiet and very green place. There are a lot of opportunities for nature walks.

I enjoyed every day’s rhythm of life in the resort. Morning prayers (Puja), chantings (singing mantras), yoga (morning and evening), meditation, pranayama, treatments, medicines (not always tasty but very effective), consultations with the doctor, delicious meals, walks and sharing with other residents.
In addition to that, twice a week, a concert was organized, the Bhajans (devotional songs). Every Sunday, a sumptuous typical Kerala’s meal was served on a banana leaf. A real treat!

Some details were very important for me: flowers, incense, oil lamps and daily’s offerings, the care in the preparation of food, treatment’s oils and medicines (many are made there),… Everything is done carefully and sensibly. Such a gift!

After visiting other ayurvedic centers in India, I strongly advise Ayurveda Yoga Villa for the quality offered at all levels.

In summary, I am delighted with all services provided and with the results of the treatments. At the center you will be able to treat any disease and soothe yourself. I invite you to discover this little paradise from the depths of my heart!

If you want to contact me, you can send me an e-mail : ----- (français, English or español).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Christelle D
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This was my first trip to Kerala and indeed to a treatment centre specialising in alternative medicine. Despite being a little sceptical, after reading all the positive comments on Trip Advisor I decided to give it a try. This was the best decision I had made. From the very first minute of arriving at the Yoga Villa I was made to feel very comfortable and part of family. The consultation, assessment of my condition and the treatment that was set for me was second to none. Whilst initially the thought of spending 21 days away from home felt a little unusual, the whole experience was extremely enjoyable and I did not have a single moment of discontentment. The setting and location is tranquil and you really do not feel as if you are in India. All staff in the Yoga Villa were exceptional and were happy to oblige to make my stay both comfortable and memorable. I would like to express my sincere thanks to Dr Arun, Dr Vipin, Roopesh, Kiran , Satin, Dinesh and Vikas.for being so attentive to my needs. I shall certainly be returning to continue with my follow up treatment.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank DilipLondon
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Wow, this was a life-changing experience. I spent almost 5 weeks at the ayurveda yoga villa. I did the Panchakarma, which is a challenging cleansing program. Every single staff member was wonderful -- from the knowledgeable doctors, the fantastic treatment therapists, the kitchen staff, the cleaning staff, the kalari teacher, the yoga teachers, the people tending the grounds -- all top notch, welcoming, and kind. The place is beautiful and peaceful. This is a good place to come and reflect and make a change in yourself. I would advise anyone to read about the treatment carefully, as it is quite challenging. This treatment, at AYV, will help you get what you need if you are ready to make some changes in your life.

Rooms are basic, but clean. This is not a luxury resort, but a peaceful, simple retreat. Quite often there was no hot water, sometimes no electricity. There was always kindness, friendship, beauty, peace, delicious and nutritious food, great treatments, and laughter.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo