“A life changing experience!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I spent 24 days at Ayurveda Yoga Villa with my son and husband in July/August 2011. I went through the Panchakarma (Five Actions) cleansing and a programme for weight loss. I'll never be the same again (in a good way!). I am now no longer taking any of the presecription drugs that I had been taking for many years and I lost 6.5 kgs while I was still in India. I am still losing weight safely and have now lost a total of 8.5 kgs. I look great, feel great and am very healthy. My food cravings have seized and my previously insatiable hunger is a thing of the past. I am a yoga teacher and was so impressed with the Yoga Master Rajesh and his classes were wonderful. My son has now lost a total of 9 kgs and is no longer a slave to pasta and bread. I loved the individual attention given every one of the guests and met some lovely people with whom I will stay in touch.The doctors were incredibly competent and we felt truly like the staff cared about how we felt, how well we did on our respective programmes, and they did everything they could to make us happy and comfortable. The Indian martial arts programme (Kalari) was a surprisingly enjoyable activity and the Kalari Master is a superb teacher. My son, who is 16, and me and my husband were taught the challenging warm up exercises each day, with laughter, smiles, and lots of sweating (on our part). I am planning to return again to this wonderful 'home away from home', although next time I don't intend to be in need of Panchakarma, as long as I continue my good habits. Next time it will be for rejuvenation and beauty (inside and out). I couldn't recommend the place any higher than I have already with my yoga students and my friends. Perhaps I will lead a pilgrimage with my yoga students next year! You won't be disappointed if you book with Ayurveda Yoga Villa- as long as you don't expect a luxury Spa environment with fluffy towels and rich food- this is the 'real thing'. You will receive an authentic Ayurvedic experience and perhaps your ills will also be cured- as have mine. The cottage accommodation was very comfortable and clean, and the therapists were so friendly and sweet. I have no complaints about anything. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KarmaYogaUK

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I spent the most wonderful two weeks during my first trip to India! The location, the people and the treatments were great, and I got to meet people from all over the world, as well as take nature walks around the rice, pepper and palm tree fields that surround the area. This is definitely the best place to go if you want to disconnect, relax, and recover. Thank you for all the wonderful people who helped me while I was there.

Room Tip: All rooms are very ample and very clean. Because of the location, there was a bit of humidity in my...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank patascalientesllava
Reviewed September 21, 2011

It was first time me and family visited this wonderful Ayurveda Yoga Villa, Staffs r incredible ,their hospitality and caring we love it . Food was so delicious my children also enjoyed very much. Ayurvedic treatment helped me and hubbys backpain, One month went very fastly, waiting for another vacation to spend that beautiful and peaceful Ayurvedic Villa :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank meenanaukkarinen
Reviewed September 10, 2011

It was my second time on this fantastic place on earth!-It was like coming home...
The landscape, area and the very friendly staff!!!, the treatments and sportactivities are unique.It's in the mountains.(They pick you up at the airport -or whereever!) The area is very quite.A river is there. If there is no monsoon- you can cross the river and you will find and island like a paradise. They have got a huge garden, where you can relax and "study" the plants and butterflies ;) The Yogamaster is marvellous-like all staff there.You can do Kalari-an old sport in Kerala.(Wow- body control by perfection!) If you have got a wish- the staff can read it in your eyes...
I felt always safe and well cared!
Since I'm back I feel great, have lots of energy and are in best health! The doctors did a great "job"... :)
Thank you so much for the brilliant time we could spent together again!!!
I am sure I will come back again and again... :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Andrea_Germany_11
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Thank you to all the wonderful staff at Ayurveda Yoga Villa for your friendship, hospitality and caring spirit. I hade the most incredible month staying at the retreat in April 2011 and benefited greatly from daily yoga, vedic art painting, walks, delicious food and ayurvedic body treatments. I didn't want to leave!!!!! I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Many blessings
Your friend
Kate

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank kate m
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The service is wonderful and the facilities truly excellent. The hospitality and warmth of the staff makes one sad to leave. A fully rejuvinating experience. I fully recommend it.
best
Joanna

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Joanna188644
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My mother-in-law, who is a veteran traveller, just spent a month at Ayurveda Yoga Villa. She came back glowing, energized and very happy. She can't stop talking about how beautiful the place was, the wonderful staff, how delicious the meals were, about the comfy and cosy rooms. She said she felt pampered like a queen with daily massages and ayurvedic treatments during her entire stay. She can't wait to go back there next year, she says “it was worth every penny.”

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank semrichistanbul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
15 mi away
#4 of 22 in Kalpetta
The Wave Wayanad
The Wave Wayanad
#2 of 5 in Ambalavayal

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!