“Remarkable staff and environment.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Kalpetta
Indeterminate
“Remarkable staff and environment.”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We recently spent 4 weeks at the Ayurvedic Yoga Villa. We would like to express our very high regard for the staff. The food was wonderful, as were those who prepared it.The Doctors were extraordinarily thoughtful and kind (special thanks to the angelic Dr. Sujas). The management (thank you Roopesh and Sege) continuously ensured that we were well taken care of and quickly helped with any and all requests. Most impressive was the wisdom and passion of the yoga master -- Rajeesh. One in a million. No words would do his teaching or his person justice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alwaysthebreath

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Finnish first
wayanad
Reviewed July 13, 2011

It was for me unbelievable and unexpected feelings towards what i have gained from ayurveda yoga villa resort, its for sure cannot be expressed in some little words, every thing was great, the admin as well as the treatment stuff, i get to know by now the real meaning of life, its not bye just driving a Mercides or BMW, or having a high credit in the bank, but it is by experiencing the real life here in this resort. Here you can breath, sleep deep, have a real relaxation, clean and remove all your strengths, eat right , sleep on a time, enjoy the real nature life, renew all over your body. I would like to thank Mr Ajit the MD who created and gathered all these things in one fabulous place, and of course I would to thank also my great friend Rupaish for all his careness and help, I would like to thank everybody, thanks for what u did 2 me, see u next year hopefully,
Thanks alot
regads,
Haider ABDUL HADI AL-LAWATI,
Sultanate of Oman, Muscat

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank oman049
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 2, 2011

My husband and I - 71 and 67 needed to get away from it all and seeking treatments for health problems - arthritis, rheumatism, post coronary by-pass operation etc went to Ayur Yoga Villa. We had excellent consultation/treatments from Drs Vipin, Deepak, Anup and Suhas. The treatments were based on individual body constitution and how over time the body functions were affected by daily stress and life style. The Pancha Karma was tough but worth it. A Life Time of accumulation of toxins and stress needed the treatment to restore our health. We received individual treatments and attention from doctors, massage therapists, kitchen staff, house-keeping, regular service and admistrative staff. We were adopted and in turn adopted the staff who cared for us cheerfully and affectionately. The service and attitudes were truly world class.

The food was fresh and healthy and we all looked forward to the traditional Sunday feast served on banana leaves. You could see cameras clicking to take pictures of the foods to share with families and friends!

The cottages are clean with basic comforts. House-keeping staff were very accomodating with whatever we needed.

The guests who came for periods ranging from 2 weeks to 3 months were from Finland, Switzer land, France, Germany, Russia, Italy, USA, UK, Middle East and South America. The natural setting, Yoga and Meditation and the river nearby added to the bliss and the guests bonded easily and provided support for each other.

Evenings after dinner ended for those of us who wanted to attend the Music and Chanting with Dr Deepak on Flute, Saji on drums, Vikas and or Asman on Harmoniom and a group of 15 to 20 of us singing or just listening . . . . . and to bed with the sound of the river in the back ground. And then our 40 days came to an end.

We would like to thank Babuji - knowledgable, Saji - kind, Rupesh - busy but always available when needed, the doctors - always there to answer questions, Jinesh on the computer . . . all very kind, Vikas - ready to serve, always smiling and helpful. The massage therapists - cheerful, skilful at relieving pain with their strong arms and hands. All the staff - we miss them. But they are in our thoughts and prayers. We wish them well and look forward to seeing them in a couple of years.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stressed out, overweight and exhausted I was looking for somewhere peaceful where I could clean out and re set my health and the Yoga Villa was the perfect place.

This is NOT a spa, but the accommodation (although a bit basic) is clean and comfortable, the therapists (and indeed all the staff) are caring and professional, Dr Vipin (who is the business ! ) and his team take your care very seriously and the suroundings are beautiful.

I did Panchakarma and was there for 4 weeks but I would say you could easily do it in three weeks. Panchakarma is tough and there will be times when you wonder why on earth you are putting yourself through this BUT it was the best money I have ever spent and there is a world of difference between how I was when I arrived and how I am now. I also did the weight management diet and lost nearly 10k in 4 weeks taking me to within 5k of my ideal weight.

Do not worry about travelling solo - the atmosphere is very supportive and quite a laugh and I now have many new friends from all over the world. My time at the Yoga Villa has given me the tools I need to change my life for the better. I have heard lots of horror stories about these places and clearly quality varies widely but Yoga Villa stands head and shoulders above the rest. It is quite simply the best investment you will ever make for your health.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Kate K
Helsinki
Reviewed June 4, 2011

In January 2011 my mom and I spent 14 days at the villa - and we were asked to come back three months later in order to cure my eczema. So in May 2011 we spent the whole 28 days there, and both our experiences were excellent. The staff is very friendly, all kinds of service works flawlessly, the rooms are clean (but very modest, don't expect a luxurious resort double bed!) and the doctors know exactly what they are doing. I received all the help I needed and will probably go back in a year again for rejuvenation treatments. The food varies a lot - some days it's great and others you kind of prefer eating porridge. But you will lose weight and you won't be hungry, so no worries.
I would have wished for more lectures on ayurveda, food recipes and lifestyle - as this was new and unfamiliar to me.

All in all his place really has something to offer for everyone...and in the long run the result is up to you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank StephanieHelsinki
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had the opportunity to visit southern India for the first time in Jan 2009. We joined a small group of people from around the globe who wanted to experience an Ayurvedic Resort, complete with professional ayurvedic evaluation, personalized treatments, including daily therapies, vegetarian meals, yoga and meditation. We stayed in a big room with separate bathroom in little hut divided in three parts, which was quaint and rustic, very traditional with daily maid service provided. As we were there in January and February, the weather was pleasantly warm in daytime but chilly in early morning.
Good vegetarian meals, yoga twice a day, talented teacher who instructed groups and even individuals, helped those who were not previously engaged in yoga, very good for all ages. Meditation training, different treatments with oil massage individually adapted which helped to clean the body, detoxification of stomach and intestines. Consultation with doctors every day. Individually adapted herbal medicines, which builds up the body.
All this in beautiful rural surroundings with very friendly staff that positively impacted both body and soul. We lost weight, had better energy and discovered that we could manage well without meat, coffee, tea, wine and other alcohol.
We recommend a stay at Villa Ayurveda Yoga at least three weeks, preferably four to try to change your lifestyle. A good advice is to read Depak Chopra´s book ”Perfect health” before your visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hsviking
Espoo
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I went the second time to this place. I got so much help one year ago for my health that I decided to go again for a longer time! Hoping my health could still improved and it happened. Excellent knowledge of the doctor and the yoga master in year 2010 made it possible. This year 2011 the same method were used to improve my breathing and immunity. Breathing is now easier. I feel it in my every day life. My friends can see it with their eyes from my stronger body.
In addition, the place is beautiful, human being is not destroyed it by artificial constructions. People are so friendly. I feel to be there at home.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TiinaEspoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
Le Villagio Holiday Apartments
#2 of 7 in Sultan Bathery

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!