“The best investment you will ever make for your health”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kalpetta
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The best investment you will ever make for your health”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stressed out, overweight and exhausted I was looking for somewhere peaceful where I could clean out and re set my health and the Yoga Villa was the perfect place.

This is NOT a spa, but the accommodation (although a bit basic) is clean and comfortable, the therapists (and indeed all the staff) are caring and professional, Dr Vipin (who is the business ! ) and his team take your care very seriously and the suroundings are beautiful.

I did Panchakarma and was there for 4 weeks but I would say you could easily do it in three weeks. Panchakarma is tough and there will be times when you wonder why on earth you are putting yourself through this BUT it was the best money I have ever spent and there is a world of difference between how I was when I arrived and how I am now. I also did the weight management diet and lost nearly 10k in 4 weeks taking me to within 5k of my ideal weight.

Do not worry about travelling solo - the atmosphere is very supportive and quite a laugh and I now have many new friends from all over the world. My time at the Yoga Villa has given me the tools I need to change my life for the better. I have heard lots of horror stories about these places and clearly quality varies widely but Yoga Villa stands head and shoulders above the rest. It is quite simply the best investment you will ever make for your health.

Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Kate K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
Helsinki
Reviewed June 4, 2011

In January 2011 my mom and I spent 14 days at the villa - and we were asked to come back three months later in order to cure my eczema. So in May 2011 we spent the whole 28 days there, and both our experiences were excellent. The staff is very friendly, all kinds of service works flawlessly, the rooms are clean (but very modest, don't expect a luxurious resort double bed!) and the doctors know exactly what they are doing. I received all the help I needed and will probably go back in a year again for rejuvenation treatments. The food varies a lot - some days it's great and others you kind of prefer eating porridge. But you will lose weight and you won't be hungry, so no worries.
I would have wished for more lectures on ayurveda, food recipes and lifestyle - as this was new and unfamiliar to me.

All in all his place really has something to offer for everyone...and in the long run the result is up to you!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank StephanieHelsinki
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We had the opportunity to visit southern India for the first time in Jan 2009. We joined a small group of people from around the globe who wanted to experience an Ayurvedic Resort, complete with professional ayurvedic evaluation, personalized treatments, including daily therapies, vegetarian meals, yoga and meditation. We stayed in a big room with separate bathroom in little hut divided in three parts, which was quaint and rustic, very traditional with daily maid service provided. As we were there in January and February, the weather was pleasantly warm in daytime but chilly in early morning.
Good vegetarian meals, yoga twice a day, talented teacher who instructed groups and even individuals, helped those who were not previously engaged in yoga, very good for all ages. Meditation training, different treatments with oil massage individually adapted which helped to clean the body, detoxification of stomach and intestines. Consultation with doctors every day. Individually adapted herbal medicines, which builds up the body.
All this in beautiful rural surroundings with very friendly staff that positively impacted both body and soul. We lost weight, had better energy and discovered that we could manage well without meat, coffee, tea, wine and other alcohol.
We recommend a stay at Villa Ayurveda Yoga at least three weeks, preferably four to try to change your lifestyle. A good advice is to read Depak Chopra´s book ”Perfect health” before your visit.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank hsviking
Espoo
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I went the second time to this place. I got so much help one year ago for my health that I decided to go again for a longer time! Hoping my health could still improved and it happened. Excellent knowledge of the doctor and the yoga master in year 2010 made it possible. This year 2011 the same method were used to improve my breathing and immunity. Breathing is now easier. I feel it in my every day life. My friends can see it with their eyes from my stronger body.
In addition, the place is beautiful, human being is not destroyed it by artificial constructions. People are so friendly. I feel to be there at home.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank TiinaEspoo
Victoria, Seychelles
Reviewed April 30, 2011

once in a lifetime when you decide to do something for yourself, and for yourself only... be it a relaxing stay in the natural park of wayanad, pampering few days with some those famous indian head massages, or a discovery trip to yourself... it is difficult to name the best experience in ayurvedayogavilla... is it the sunrise over the river? have this been these great yoga classes? was it the lush garden, which awakens your senses? maybe the great indian, vegeratian food? or the therapists, who have been doing magic with their hands? the doctors, who you have been seeing on a daily basis? the staff which often went out of their way to serve you? or the unspoilt view to the stars in the sky? no matter what... ayurveda yoga villa is a life time experience, which each one of us deserves...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Violeta1975
Karkkila, Finland
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I came here to heal my knee 2 months after surgery. My knee was swollen and painful and I were able to bend it only 90degrees I was not able to walk properly. After one month Panchakarma in the Yogavilla the result was amazing!! They gave me special massage everyday for my joints, medications and yoga were fixed to help my knee to heal. One month later a knee specialist in Finland congratulates me for very quick healing. Now im walking normally, my knee is as flexible as other and swelling is gone! Thank you very much! The crew is very helpful and nice and food is excellent! I will go back for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lintav
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2011

i am a yoga teacher and went to yogaville with an open mind and heart with no expectations.little did i know the experiances awaiting were going to be life changing.the pranayama (breathing) teacher took me to a deeper place within my body that i had never been. the staff treated you like family with a SMILE on their face every day..the ayruvedic doctors were amazing,(just trust them they know their stuff)..i miss it and would recommend this place to anyone who wishes to heal physically and or mentally...you wont be disappointed....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 45621sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Orange County Resorts Kabini
Orange County Resorts Kabini
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,306 reviews

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!