“Relief after knee surgery”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kalpetta
Ayurveda Yoga Villa
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Kalpetta
Karkkila, Finland
“Relief after knee surgery”
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I came here to heal my knee 2 months after surgery. My knee was swollen and painful and I were able to bend it only 90degrees I was not able to walk properly. After one month Panchakarma in the Yogavilla the result was amazing!! They gave me special massage everyday for my joints, medications and yoga were fixed to help my knee to heal. One month later a knee specialist in Finland congratulates me for very quick healing. Now im walking normally, my knee is as flexible as other and swelling is gone! Thank you very much! The crew is very helpful and nice and food is excellent! I will go back for sure!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lintav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2011

i am a yoga teacher and went to yogaville with an open mind and heart with no expectations.little did i know the experiances awaiting were going to be life changing.the pranayama (breathing) teacher took me to a deeper place within my body that i had never been. the staff treated you like family with a SMILE on their face every day..the ayruvedic doctors were amazing,(just trust them they know their stuff)..i miss it and would recommend this place to anyone who wishes to heal physically and or mentally...you wont be disappointed....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank 45621sue
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Like all the other reviews...food is great,staff is great
very friendly and caring people
my only negative critique would be the quality of the beds but....your in india

not enough is said for the quality of the medicine
I tried chiropractors, chinese medicine,massage,acupuncture thai massage, exercises.....basicly everything I could think of with no results for my osteoarthritis and 2 blown discs in my back....6 years worth of pain

2 weeks in this p[ace and I can't believe it
no pain at rest at all....still... 6 weeks after I got home

If the pain comes back...I'll be back
thankyou sooo much

Room Tip: book early this place is busy
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank ciddakid
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Ayurveda and yoga gave me a new lease of life! The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The area is very peaceful and gives the opportunity for long walks and swimming in the river.
A delightful part of India to visit.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank HRH41
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2011

If you want the whole story, you need to read my blog "A month in Kerala" which you'll find at www.sunshinespices.blogspot.com.
This is an amazing place, it's not a spa and it's not a health farm; it's a centre dedicated to Ayurveda in its strictest sense "The Science of Living."
I did a 28-day programme, and I could never have achieved the same results in any shorter period. The doctors are highly qualified and very through (you have a daily consultation.) The therapists are friendly and skilful, and all the resort staff are helpful. The guests when I was there were a cosmopolitan bunch from the recycled hippies of my generation to earnest 20-somethings looking for a different experience.
It's remote - in the jungle. It's beautiful and unspoilt. It's simple almost to the point of being primitive. It's serious - the doctors and therapists want to help you get the results you are aiming for. I lost 16.8kg (37lbs) in 25 days of treatment, and came home with enough medicines to keep me on track for the next 6 weeks.
If you're seriously interested, read the blog - I don't pull any punches.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
9 Thank Caldarola
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I went to stay at the yoga villa following all the reviews from tripadviser and I must say, the experience was fantastic. I had taken two off work, first week I spent in Goa with cousins and then I travelled alone to Kerala, initially I thought 7 days would be more than enough.. I was so wrong! I had an amazing time getting to know wonderful people from around the world and all the staff at the villa, some of whom i know will be my friends for a very long time. The kitchen staff prepared and served the beautiful food with so much much care and attention, it was sad leaving this behind. In addition, I really enjoyed my treatments and found the massage therapist so friendly and professional. The staff go out of their way to cater for your needs, nothing is a problem and they try and accommodate your requests.
I know now that I could have benefitted from staying longer as I would have taken more care and attention with following my schedule as prescribed by the doctors. The only reccommendation I would suggest is before you go try and research and read up on Ayurvedic lifestlye and treatments to get a better understanding of how it can work for you. I am now exploring ways I can incorporate the ayurvedic lifestyle into my everyday life.. I would highly reccommend the yoga villa.

Priya, London

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Priya77
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Me and my wife were there at the end of 2010 and it was a great experience. The morning starts with good yoga practices and 'agni hotram' which is a kind of 'yagna'. You feel the spritual dimension within you opens up with the right start. The location is calm and after doing yoga and with spiritual energies, if you could enjoy the morning breeze when those little birds cooing having a cup of hot herbal drink sitting in the dining terrace..hmm..i m turning into a poet, but i m sure you will feel the same if you are a bit sensitive to all these things..Then you see heads around and slowly the breakfast hall is getting filled up with people and of course good food too! The staffs are friendly and fresh in the morning addressing your needs personally..We have not taken any special programs like 'Panchakarma' so not any restriction in our food but still the food sounds like kind of 'programmed' for you tasting the best..The ayurvedic doctor had a personal discussion with everyone and she advised me some massage therapies which could work out for my right leg numbness when I sit for long time in the same posture during meditation. I should honestly say that it worked out well, but it is just that you will have to stay there for atleast 14 days to see the complete cure..we were there for around 5 days and that too visiting some nearby temples but still I was able to see the effect of the treatment. The massage guys are really good and no bullshitting. Also the 'massage' here means the real massage and no 'extra service' in the name of massage. This place is surrounded by the river Kabini and it was a very nice to place to go around too. Lunch and dinner are equally good but you should take your dinner a bit earlier around 19.00 to get up early in the morning. The only problem we had was from our neighbors in the cottages because of the unwanted noise they were producing. The management still asked for changing our rooms but we said ok to continue in the same room for our last day. This place sounds a bit different from other resorts around because they have some principle in running this business and not just want to grab money. They are intersted seriously in your well being if you are willing to take their services like panchakarma. Give a try and you will want more of it..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SriKrishnamurthy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalpetta
Sharoy Resort
Orange County Resorts Kabini
Orange County Resorts Kabini
#1 of 2 in Nagarhole National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,306 reviews

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Villa? Share your experiences!