“Great spot for cyclists.”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Great spot for cyclists.”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After happily stumbling across this cafe a couple of months back returned with my girlfriend and some other friends yesterday following a long hot ride in the local hills. A beautiful location, our order was taken promptly and for the second time the cake was amazing, this is by far the best almond slice I've tasted and the coffee was excellent too. So to sum up; prompt and friendly service, excellent coffee and cake and a picturesque cotswold location. 5 stars!

• Visited June 2014

Colwall, United Kingdom
“False start... didn't stay to eat”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Moving to the area so was in town looking for houses and wanting a quick breakfast. I asked if I could bring my dog in but was declined, but was told that I could eat at the tables outside if I liked. "Take a menu and I'll be out to take your order in a minute". That was fine, I quite understand that some places don't want dogs and it was an OK morning so outside would do fine. Fine that was until I'd been sitting outside for 10 minutes or so watching a couple and a trio enter, be greeted and seated and orders taken immediately. Looked like regulars... that's good, you have to take care of your regulars but don't forget the future regular sitting outside waiting... but unwilling to wait for too much longer. I moved on... the dog and I got a great reception further up the road.

I'll probably give them another chance when/if I do move to the town... but they're going to have to do better to turn me into a regular.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank eyecooper
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Special service”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

16 of us had lunch here. The food was beautifully presented and the staff were extremely attentive. I would definitely recommend The Kitchen for a midday treat.

• Visited March 2014
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Morning breakfast”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Has been a few months since our last visit to the kitchen so was bervous as to the ownership change however we researched through tripadvisor and the reviews ewe still very good and am happy to say those reviews were correct. The waitress was very helpful but I would highly recommend booking a table as there were a lot of booked tables. My one tiny little niggle was in the cinnamon toast PLEASE butter the entire slice of bread as only 3/4 got covered- apart from that it was perfect:))

Cirencester, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem - not to be missed if you are in the area”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have been to The Kitchen a few times but today was the first time since being taken over. I have to say that it is such a joy to go there and i was pleased to discover that the food is still as wonderful as ever. Booking is advisable, even during mid week as it can be really busy but that is hardly suprising with such lovely home cooked food and a great country tea room atmosphere. Well done to the new owners for their continuing hard work in keeping this little gem to such a high standard.

• Visited January 2014