“Amazing roast beef!”
Review of The Royal Oak

The Royal Oak
Reviewed February 4, 2019

We arrived in the Cotswolds in the snow on a Saturday and come Sunday realised we had not booked anywhere for lunch. We rung up and they could squeeze us in for sunday lunch if we did early sitting. Arrived and they had set up table for our family plus baby (chair clean); we went for 4 roasts- they serve the meat at the table and carve in front of you to give choice of one or both on offer. Menu so varied as well- fish, vegetarian, vegan, lamb and chicken if you didn't want roast beef or pork.
My family had mix of roast pork and beef and I went for beef on its own. Accompanied by yorkshire pudding, potatoes, selection of vegetables. Such friendly staff, lovely atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Found out about this pub from research on Trip Advisor. Didn't ring to enquire until nearly noon on a Sunday about booking a table for 4 and a baby for lunch. They were fully booked for most of the day but we were told that if we could get there by 1230 and be finished by 2 then we could be accommodated. That suited us just fine.We were allocated the table in the conservatory area, a lovely large space with a highchair already in place. Menu was explained and drinks order taken and brought over very promptly. Three of us had starters which were very nice, hot, well presented. We had all opted for meat from the trolley which was beef and pork. Both cuts of meat were absolutely delicious and melted in the mouth. Along with this was a very large dish of roast potatoes and parsnip chips which we somehow managed to finish off and a large dish of four different vegetables. Again all cooked so nicely it was all finished. At no time did we ever feel rushed at all. Unfortunately this left no room for dessert which just on the board looked to die for and we did had to be elsewhere at 2pm. If we are in the area again we would definitely return here

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Visited today with my wife my mum And our 12 month old baby boy from the second we walked in we were made to feel very welcome and shown to our table which was very thoughtfully tucked just up out the way and off a very good size to make a meal with our little one very easy a nice high chair was provided and they couldn’t do enough to help us so for service 10/10. Now to the food it was absolutely gorgeous the perfectly cooked meats of which there was 2 rare sirloin of beef or medium and leg of pork I had both beef and pork and the gravy was simply to die for the roast potatoes and parsnips were just perfect crispy on the outside soft and fluffy on the inside the vegetables were plentiful and cooked to perfection honestly the best roast I have had in a long time possibly ever and the deserts I had vanilla cheesecake it was scrumptious my mother had Eton mess it looked wonderful and my mum assured me it was as good as it looked so to wrap this up if your looking for somewhere to go for a Sunday roasts get out your phone and book yourself in at the Royal Oak you will not be disappointed

Reviewed January 6, 2019

I have often driven past the Royal Oak and thought to myself I would like to pop in one day. Well today was the day. My wife and I had our Sunday Lunch here. Wow, loved the place, great atmosphere, lit fire, very polite, attentive, and friendly staff / management .
I have the sirloin beef from the trolley, and my wife had the chicken. Both were superb, really really good. We both decided to have dessert, and we are glad we did. I had the treacle sponge with custard, and my wife had the cheese cake. HEAVEN!

Very pleased we tried the Royal Oak, we will be back

Reviewed January 4, 2019 via mobile

Having moved to the area in September we have popped into The Royal Oak a couple of times for a drink whilst on a dog walk, but New Years Day was the first time we ate in this charming pub. We were with our family and were made to feel most welcome. The service was excellent and the food fantastic, especially the gammon which was carved at our table. The pub is warm and cosy with fires lit in both rooms - such a lovely sight to see on a cold winters day. We will definitely be back.