Called in here before visiting Hidcote, the pub is charming in a lovely village though parking is a little tight. We were met by a very friendly young lady and the beer is kept in good condition.
The menu was interesting with some unusual items. We decided as it was lunch just to go from the specials board. This was still on the pricey side at £13.50 for a burger or fish and chips with "hand cut" chips.
The fish and chips were fine but nothing out of the ordinary, the burger was disappointing meaty but tasteless and a little dry despite being pink inside. The chips were skinny little things and nothing special. The "Mayo" served with it was tasteless and I am not sure what it was meant to be! I have had a lot better at around half the price.
The sandwiches were fine but the bread was very thick, though I am sure if you prefer a less hefty slice they would do that for you.
We enjoyed or visit but more for the beer and the ambiance then the food and will not be hurrying back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful, unspoilt 17th century Cotswold inn with roaring log fires, stunning beer garden and famous atmosphere. Surrounded by rolling hills by Chipping Campden & Hidcote Gardens in Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. CAMRA North Cotswold’s Pub of the Year award-winners 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 4 star letting rooms, and excellent homemade food (two AA rosettes, Good Food Guide, Michelin Guide). One of the few idyllic country pubs left that remain the hub of village and a hidden gem for those who find it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Ebrington Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ebrington Arms Hotel Ebrington
- The Ebrington Arms Cotswolds