“Charmed by Courtyard Room”

Holly House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 5 Ebrington B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2007

The Holly House was the best B&B we stayed at on our visit to England and Wales. The private entrance off the courtyard gave a cottage feel to our room which was a lovely yellow color. The cotswold stone on the exterior also was visible from the inside around the uniquely castle like windows. The courtyard garden ,even in early April felt well cared-for with a swing big enough for 2 kids. The children enjoyed having the space to play and visiting with the owners' horse stabled out back. There was also a chicken or two running around the courtyard which was the highlight of the trip for the kids in our party. The photos on the Inn's website will give you a good idea of the grounds.
The breakfast was served on china and included sugary cereals for the kids and full english breakfast for the adults. The owner was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed our dinner at the Ebrington Arms which was very cozy with fireplaces and wood burning stoves and board games. The owner's daughter worked at the restaurant which made us feel like we belonged.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank LoveEurope5

Reviewed October 9, 2006

Very lovely room, however we weren't allowed to check in right when we arrived. I wish we'd been advised of a check in time when I booked so we'd have known to come later. We also weren't too please to have to listen to the host argue with his daughter just down the hall from our room, but overall we did enjoy our stay here. Our room was large & tastefully decorated. This is an ideal base from which to explore the surrounding Cotswold villages.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank DesignDiva
Reviewed May 28, 2004

Quite by chance I had come across Holly House on the Bourton website and had booked a single there.
It proved to be an excellent choice.
The location is close to the centre of Bourton, without being right in the middle of it. My room was very spacious, beautiful furniture, even a foot chair to put my feet up after a day of walking.
Nice large bathroom with the best shower I have used in English hotels or guest houses for a long time.
I could have the room long before 2 pm. Mrs Cretney gave me helpful advice about walks in the area.
A full English breakfast was included, but I had to leave early so I couldn't take it. Mrs Cretney,however, made sure I had at least some cereal and even let me use her own kitchen to help myself!
Unfortunately this time I had only time to spend one night there, but I want to come back to the Cotswolds and then I'll definitely stay at Holly House again.

4  Thank MannheimTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ebrington
The White Bear
#1 of 5 in Ebrington
Holly House B&B
Holly House B&B
#1 of 27 in Bourton-on-the-Water

Been to Holly House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!