“Excellent Hotel”

De Vere Cotswold Water Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in South Cerney
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went to this hotel to have a break for a free days and recharge the batteries and I have to say it didn't fail to impress. As I arrived I was greeted with a huge car parking area with ample spaces. The entrance lobby to the hotel is fantastic with a lovely waterfall outside the doors. It was obvious from the start this hotel was high in quality. The entrance lobby was outstanding with the staff booking me in really friendly. Then the room, I stayed in a double room and as soon as I entered I was stunned. The room was clean, big in size and the view was fantastic. I was on the ground floor and directly on the lake with decking between us. The view was breathtaking even though it was the height of winter. The room had all the mod cons including tea/coffee/ hot chocolate facilities. An iron and trouser press. A hair dryer and an Internet port for the laptop. It was also complete with large blackout curtains and so sleeping was not a problem. The food in the lounge area was fantastic and amazing quality. The spa was also very good. Full access to all the facilities as a guest which included all the nice spa features, jacuzzi, stream room, dry sauna and pool. I opted to have an aroma back relief massage and wasn't disappointed, the massage itself amazing but the champagne bar where you wait for your treatment is gorgeous and relaxing. The treatment rooms are really relaxing and of high quality.
I would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: I had the ground floor but the rooms with balcony looked amazing especially in summer.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GRM_2013, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

It is pleasing that our guest was impressed with the quality of accommodation and service that we provide.

We do offer an ample complimentary car parking area and guests return to us more and more to take in the breath-taking views that the complex provides us, which is spectacular in all seasons.

Our bedrooms include a working desk, complimentary wired internet connection, hairdryer, drinks facilities, direct dial telephones both by the bedside and the work desk, a complimentary safe, trouser press, iron and ironing board, toiletries and of course fluffy white towels and extra pillows.

In our upgraded rooms, our guests are able to enjoy all the same facilities with the addition of an ipod docking station, complimentary Wi-Fi, an ice bucket, a welcome drinks tray with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, sparkling & still water and a selection of deluxe toiletries alongside fluffy white bathrobes and direct access from the room to our decking around the lake or a private balcony.

We serve food in our lounge bar and Sports Lounge, brasserie and the pub on-site (The Old Boathouse) as well as offering 24 hour room service (hot food until 10pm then a selection of sandwiches)

Our Spa has a number of treatments rooms, a gym, hydrotherapy pool (not suitable for children under 2 years – please note set children’s swimming times), a sauna and steam room with the recent addition of a champagne bar for those guests enjoying treatments.

We are pleased our guests would recommend our hotel and hope that they will visit us again.

Guest Relations Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,738)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Not good value for money at £159 for one night. A tired room with badly stained carpet and grubby furniture. Dinner in brassierie ok but hardly generous portions. Breakfast delivered to the room absolutely disgusting - cold, lacking any presentation and dirty looking lids.
Pleasant staff and a fab view of the lake from the balcony.
This was meant to be a lovely Valentine surprise for my partner but it certainly didn't turn out as I had expected. We
I won't be returning even after giving feedback and the offer of another night on a special rate of £89 Inc breakfast and dinner!!!! I would still think that was overpriced based on the experience of this week.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank OakseySD
GRM_2013, Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Having already been in direct communication with our guest, we would like to apologise for the shortcomings they experienced when they stayed with us. It is clear from the feedback provided that everything was not how it should have been on the occasion of their stay and for that we apologise.

Having been through each of the areas that have been highlighted, both with our Housekeeping Manager and Food & Beverage Manager respectively. Each have undertaken to ensure these shortfalls are addressed immediately.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Me & my family stayed for 4 nights it was a great hotel awesome spa etc the food was out of this world. Lots of sourrounding lakes to visit & only 3 miles from cirencester town which is small but welcoming I will be coming back soon

Keep up the good work guys

• Stayed: August 2012
GRM_2013, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We are very grateful to our guest for taking he time to provide a review for us and pleased that they not only enjoyed their stay but the facilities available in Spa6

For all guests staying in the hotel, we offer complimentary access to the Spa facilities including use of the hydrotherapy pool (not suitable for children under 2), the sauna, steam room, experience shower, gym and Ice fountain. For those guests interested in beauty treatments, we have treatments available with our own qualified therapists and treatment charges can be conveniently added to your room account once you have registered a credit card at check-in

It should be noted that we offer set children's swimming times twice a day which is very popular with our families and so that the Spa is able to remain a place of relaxation for our adult guests.

We have several food outlets available for our guests and are happy that these guests enjoyed the food that we provide and the locality of our hotel to the small towns and villages that surround us in The Cotswolds.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here, along with my then fiancee and another thirty or forty or so people, in the middle of January, for our wedding weekend, taking place nearby. We had originally been booked into holiday cottages nearby, but had to hastily rearrange the booking in late October. Speaking to the hotel staff over the telephone answered a number of questions we had about our rooms and about our guests' stay.

Come the weekend of our wedding, a thick blanket of snow had fallen on the area. Some of our guests, including both our parents, decided to drive down a night early to make sure they were able to make our wedding. The father of the bride, in particular, arrived in the very early hours of the morning and was delighted with the service he received in being welcomed at short notice and at an unsociable hour.

I booked two rooms: a standard double for myself the first night, and an upgraded double room for myself and my bride for the night of our wedding. Both rooms had a lovely view across the water, and were smart and tidy. The hotel in general is nicely laid out, with self catering apartments a little walk away from the main building. Some friends and relatives staying in these apartments told us they were delighted with the accommodation too, although we didn't get a chance to see them. Due to the weather, the hotel moved our meal on the Friday night from the nearby pub (The Old Boathouse) to the hotel restaurant, which featured both good food and excellent service.

Whilst the hotel was good overall, the most memorable thing was the service we received. From Anita on the night desk, who welcomed late arrivals with warmth and friendliness, to the bar staff, who were jovial and friendly throughout the evenings (and late nights...), and to the restaurant staff, especially Gregory, who were polite, friendly and chatty. The staff really made our stay, and that of all of our guests, truly memorable. A final mention to Dom from Guest Relations who went out of his way to help my new wife try to find something we lost in the hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a water view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

We are very happy that we were able to accommodate this party and pleased that they enjoyed their stay with us?

We have very friendly and knowledgeable on-site reservations team as well as our Central Reservations Office who are always happy to answer any queries regarding bookings and booking enquiries.

We thank our guests for noting the good food and service enjoyed in our hotels Brasserie and our clean spacious rooms. Our apartments are offered on a self-catering basis with the option of enjoying our food outlets at your leisure.

We are grateful for the comments regarding our team and will share the kind thoughts presented here with those that have received a personal mention alongside the rest of our team, particularly those 'behind the scenes' who helped to make the stay such a memorable experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lovely hotel. We had a great room right on he corner of The 1st floor close to the restaurant. Spacious and clean as we travelled with our daughter who had just started walking so having a large room was really helpful.
We had dinner every night which was lovely. Great selection and a bonus was that we didn't have to pay for food 4 our daughter as its free for under 4, I think.
Facilities were great too. One night they had turned a conference room into a games room which we did try and use. Great idea if u have older kids.
The spa and pool was nice, shame children under 2 are not allowed in but we still managed to use it.
I would definitely stay again and maybe try one of the other hotels in the four pillars groups.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, you can only ask you have nothing to loose.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
GRM_2013, Guest Relations Manager at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are pleased to learn that our guest enjoyed their stay with us and our hotels Brasserie.

We currently offer a children’s menu in the Brasserie and all children under 4 are entitled to eat free when accompanies by an adult. We do advise making a separate table reservation with our Brasserie staff in advance of your stay with us as we operate a very busy resort property.

During busy periods, we have chosen to use one of our conference rooms when available to house children’s games and a small play area which includes table tennis, Wii games and the PS3

We are delighted that our guest will be returning to the group to experience some of the other properties that we operate.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed for one night at the start of the month and overall it was nice. The outside, bar area, dining area etc were all done to a decent standard. I was a little disappointed with the room - a very large area (largest I have seen for a room) but overall a little dull and in need of some TLC - but nthing too bad. Breakfast was also quite nice with a decent choice of continental and cooked food. Overall I stayed on a special offer and I would give a 4* rating but based upon standard room prices, I think it narrowly missed the mark

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

We are sorry to learn that our guest did not enjoy their discounted stay in one of our standard rooms, however, we do have a selection of room types available and run promotional rates throughout the year which are advertised on our website.

We are pleased that our guest agrees that we have a good selection of breakfast items served both in our hotels Brasserie or through an order for room service.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here for a conference last week and this time had a room which was a long way from the hotel and sadly had no WiFi which was disappointing. The room was not as luxurious as my last stay and so I have to assume I was upgraded last time.
The room and bathroom were still very good and the bed comfy. I like their bathrooms as the water is fast and they are so clean modern and new.
The food at the events was very tasty and good and the breakfast was a very comprehensive buffet with lovely views across the water park.
I went for a massage on my last day which was really super - lovely therapist who was an excellent masseuse and the room was top notch. I also was allowed to rest in the relaxation room which was lovely and comfy.
I can recommend this for a great place to stay and would go again preferring to get a room closer to the hotel main building next time.

Room Tip: Go nearer to the main building as the wifi was not good in my room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We are pleased that our conference guests enjoyed the food during their event and the selection of items that we have available at breakfast each morning. We are happy that this particular guest was able to enjoy Spa6 which underwent a soft-refurbishment last year and as mentioned now includes a relaxation room which can be booked by those guests enjoying treatments.

Whilst not all of our rooms can be close to reception and the main ‘hub’ of the hotel, we do offer a wired internet connection in all of our guest rooms as well as complimentary Wi-Fi in our connoisseur rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Cerney
#6 of 8 in Cirencester
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Bibury

Been to De Vere Cotswold Water Park? Share your experiences!