We came to the Four Pillars purely for the Spa 6 -- we went for the choose your own spa package which gave us free run of the spa and 2 treatments, as well as a lunch.
First impressions of the spa was a friendly receptionist -- very welcoming, and although I had troubles with my card being initially declined, it was dealt with in a professional manner.
We were given a guided tour of all the facilities, and handed a nice clean robe and towels, and then shown to the locker rooms. Lockers that are provided are very big, the changing area was very clean, and also there was a Suitmaster machine which dries out swimming costumes / shorts very quickly after having been in the pool.
After we got changed into our shorts and robes, we were shown the Champagne Bar which is a dark but ambiently lit room and gives a lovely atmosphere of relaxation. We were then shown to the relaxation room which was also dark. It was well furnished with a selection of chairs to relax in. When first shown into the room, the staff offered a fresh glass of mineral water or cranberry juice.
The treatments we opted for were the Rasul Ritual for both of us, and the Indian Scalp Massage for me (Shaun) and the Pedicure for Matt.
The rasul ritual treatment is good fun for couples -- we were taken to a wet room, where we had to cover each other in exfoliating mud from head to toe. This is then followed by 15 minutes in the steam room where the mud bakes, which clears the pores of the skin. This is followed by a shower, resulting in a lovely fresh sensation.
We then went to the pool, which was of a reasonable size and also had a couple of other hidden amenities. There were jacuzzi jets at one end of the pool where you just float as they pound the skin which was a pleasant experience.
Next to that were three water jets at different strengths, which is great for the back... the water runs (or pounds depending under which one you stand under) down your back, and it is very much like a massage.
After this it was time for lunch. We went to the restaurant, which was exclusively for the use of spa users. The manu advertised a 'light lunch', but we were very well fed and watered. Light lunch consisted of vegetable soup and a bread roll, three open sandwiches each -- salmon, mozzarella and tomato and parma ham, a caesar salad, two bowls of fruit, a cheeseboard, and a light lemon meringue slice.
Though it does sound a lot, it was just right. Coffee and orange juice provided on a self service basis.
I can thoroughly reccomend the Indian Scalp Massage, a very gentle but effective relaxation treatment... It almost put me to sleep! The oils that were used were very fragrant, but washed out easily.
The pedicure was professionally done, the girl was very friendly and did a good job.
We spent about 6 hours here all told, but the time flew by!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This contemporary 4 star hotel is superbly located in the heart of the Cotswold Water Park, only three miles from Cirencester and six miles from Swindon. The hotel offers guests a wealth of amenities and outdoor activities.This exclusive resort enjoys an unsurpassed setting of lakes, rivers, wetlands and grassland. Stunning views, open spaces and a wealth of leisure and active pursuits make this the perfect place for a visit or for a break all year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your De Vere Cotswold Water Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold Water Park 4 Pillars Hotel
- De Vere Cotswold Water Park South Cerney, Cotswolds, UK