“Lakeside paradise for families with young kids”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of the Lodge Entrance hallway
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Front of the Lodge
Entrance hallway
Living room - equipped with TV (with Sky), DVD, gas fire
Living room - with enough seating for a family or friends gathering
Children's table and day chair
Dining room - with 8 chairs
Fully equipped kitchen
Bedroom 1 - king's size bed with ensuite shower
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 1 ensuite
Bedroom 2 - standard double with ensuite bathroom (with shower)
Bunkroom with two standard single size beds
Mezzanine (access via ladder from Bunkroom) with two single mattresses
Bedroom 4 with twin bed on ground floor
Direct access onto the shared pontoon
Sunset view from the decking
Tennis court onsite
Wildlife on the lake
View of the house from the distance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 86 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Agnes L
“Lakeside paradise for families with young kids”
Reviewed July 13, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

The Cotswold luxury holiday lodge has just given me, my husband and my 3 children (9, 6 and 6 yrs old) the perfect holiday house experience. The 4 bed rooms house is elegantly furnished and my kids ran up and downstairs the moment we entered the house for how pretty it is.

We got to breakfast with the swans and ducks in the morning at our private waterfront and kayaked in the beautiful lake. We then chilled in the house and visited the nearby Cotswold Country Park and Beach. A lovely afternoon at the beach making sand castles and playing in the water, and we ended our visit with the exciting Wibit experience on a floating playground in the lake!

In the evening we have visited the Lakeside Brasserie which serves great food with great service; and have also bought food from the huge Tesco Extra to make a simple home dinner.

I highly recommend this to any family looking for a care free getaway in a cozy lakeside house.

Mana1West...
West London
“Spacious, bright and modern property in a peaceful location”
Reviewed July 8, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed in this lovely property as a group of four, which included myself, my 78 year old mother, my sister and brother in law. We all loved the bright and modern interior and the peaceful location. The kitchen is well equipped and we appreciated the 3 bathrooms. I gave this property 4 stars instead of 5 because of a few minor niggles. Firstly, when we entered the property, although it was clean in general, it had not been cleaned to the standard I would expect for a property of this type and expense (e.g. the shutters had an obvious layer of dust on them), as an asthmatic that is not what I wanted to see. Secondly, the loft bedroom is almost unusable for anyone in the summer. There is no ventilation in that room and in the hot weather we had, no one could sleep there. It would also be nice if the bunk beds could be converted to two single beds and usable by adults as not everybody holidays with children.

Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for such a positive review - we are certainly very lucky to be in a such a beautiful location and I am glad to hear you enjoyed the property. I will reflect your comments about the shutters to our cleaning team, but rest assured that lodge is cleaned after every stay by a professional cleaning company which deals with most of the privately and agency-rented properties in the area so the level of cleaning is of a high standard. Soft furnishing cleaning (carpet, curtains and furniture fabrics) are also commissioned regularly to make sure that our lodge maintains the highest level of hygiene. It is true that we have had some unusually hot weather recently, and my own children have stayed in the loft room on a couple of those very hot evenings - they didn't have any problem sleeping through the night with the aid of an electric fan, which is available at the lodge for the use of our guests. As for the bunk room, we do make very clear in our marketing materials and further communications with guests what the sleeping arrangement is in that room. Whilst we would agree it is more suitable for families with children, nevertheless, some groups choose to use this room for adult accommodation and so far we have not had any issues from those who do.
We look forward to welcome you and your family back to lodge again sometime in the future!
With best wishes,
Sophia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 8, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

BigBear19...
Poole, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Lodge in a wonderful setting!”
Reviewed January 24, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I have recently returned from a magical week with my fiancee at the Lodge in the Cotwolds. The Lodge is set in its own secluded estate and is very private and secure. The property is well maintained and furnished to a very high modern standard. Olivia who assisted with our booking was incredibly helpful and her communication was polite and timely.

The location is perfect. Based on a lovely boating lake there are many picturesque walks to go on and lovely country pubs nearby (we'd recommend the Wild Duck in Ewen). Cheltenham is only 30 minutes drive away and the historical city of Bath is only a little further. However, for those who want something even closer, there's plenty to do on your doorstep, including the quaint village of Burford.

I would recommend the Lodge to couples, families, and groups, looking for a relaxing getaway.

Hi Nicholas
Thank you for your review of the Luxury lakeside lodge.
I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay this January, we pride ourselves on our high modern standard of living and glad you could take full use of the relaxing lodge. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Many thanks
Reviewed January 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Hi Sarah
Thank you for the lovely review!
I'm very pleased you had a wonderful time in the lodge over New Year and that it suited you and your families needs.
The open plan living is certainly a great balance of catering for friends and family as well as having a 'homely' feel. I look forward to welcoming you again soon Sarah :)
Best wishes
Jennifer...
“Beautiful home in good location”
Reviewed January 5, 2017 for a stay in June 2016

We stayed here as a group of friends, three families with children from 2 to 6 years old. There was plenty of space for everyone and everything you could need in the kitchen. The house felt luxurious and there was a lovely jetty for peace and quiet with a good lockable gate! Great location, we used the tennis courts on site and there were plenty of walking and biking tracks right from the house. Note that the loft room has very steep steps so not suitable for very young children but my 6 year old loved it.

Hi Jennifer
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay in June and managed to get the most out of your stay. The tennis courts are such a lovely added extra that we often use over Summer! We hope to welcome you to the lakeside lodge again soon.
Many thanks
Therese G
“Mrs”
Reviewed November 28, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We simply loved this beautiful lakeside home . Very well equipped and designed , spacious , warm and comfortable . Perfect for our family gathering .

Jan 4, 2017
Hi Therese
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We're glad you could have all the family together and have enough space for you all to relax.
I look forward to welcoming you again. Olivia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing