“Very Good Value”

The Little Thatch Hotel Gloucester
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Quedgeley
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Stayed here with wife and friends as it was very convenient for the nearby Gloucester marathon. Rooms were spotless, breakfast was excellent and they were very helpful regarding directions to the event. Not the most picturesque location but cracking value for money

Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QueenoftheSouthFC

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I booked this hotel for me and my husband as we wanted a weekend away to visit our friends and to explore the surrounding area. There is ample parking at this hotel. You do have to check in at the bar at present but the lady was really friendly and made the checking in process really quick for us. She even persoanlly showed us to our room which I thought was a nice touch. The room itself was as you would expect from an old country pub hotel so don't expect a holiday inn type room. It was small but had a comfy bed and a tv with freeview and tee/coffeee making facilities with proper mugs. The bathroom was clean and big enough. I would say if you are on the larger side the shower was within a cubicle so there was not a lot of room to manouvere. I don't know if all the rooms are like that so worth asking.
We had breakfast included and there is a menu so you can choose what you like. I had a full English the first morning which was well cooked and scrambled eggs on toast on our second morning which was also well cooked. We had a meal at the hotel on the Saturday night which was really nice. I had the minted lamb chilli with rice and my husband had steak. The bar in the hotel is proper oldy worldly pub style and I should imagine is lovely in the autumn/winter when they will have the log fires on. In fact we are planning to return later this year to the little thatch to see what itis like when it is cold outside.
ps if a dog comes up to you when you park, it's the hotel dog and he is lovely - he won't let you pat him though, he runs off! He just comes to greet you.

All in all I would reccommend staying at The Little Thatch. The staff are lovely and it is really near to attractions like Gloucester.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alfiieneo1
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Let me say straight away I hate these hotels where you have to wait at the bar to check in. I had to do a 12 mile detour due to the slip road off the M5 being closed, it was late evening so was not in a good mood and the sign outside is not lit so I went sailing past. You have to walk into this old bar with a few locals sitting around and talk to the man behind the bar, who was friendly enough, but everything is done manually like 20 yrs ago. You have to fill in your name and address in a worn old guest book and then he finds a key and took me through several doors and the breakfast room to point me the way. The single room was spacious and comfy but basic, the flat screen TV was nice but quite small. It was a clean and warm room with a comfy bed, Shower was a new electric power shower and very clean, a shampoo and body wash provided. Only chair in room was a wooden stool not comfy. Supposed to be free internet but didnt find it. Slept well even though it was freezing outside and yes the heating DOES go off at 11pm and not on till morning, so make sure you tuck up in yr bed by then! Was woken by a loud electric buzzing noise, seemed to be coming through the wall from next doors shower, otherwise room was quiet but had a hazy glass window so you cannot see out, didnt matter to me as arrived late and left by 9.30am. Breakfast basic and served to you, but bacon was nice and done well and generous serving of scrambled egg. All in for £45 B&B it was good value, clean, basic, good sleep and big car park. They take the money off you at breakfast so you can just leave when you want.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Uktallguy
Reviewed October 11, 2010

If your expecting a lovely countryside hotel you will be very dissappointed at the location, the hotel itself is cold and musty and the rooms whilst clean are very small. Ok for a base for work but not somewhere you would want to visit for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2010

I stayed with colleagues at The Little Thatch in late September. The hotel actually lists Henry Viii and Anee Boleyn as past guests.
All staff were very helpful and polite during our stay and the location is very good with proximity to local business parks and the motorway.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lottygregs
Reviewed September 23, 2010

I stayed at The Little Thatch while visiting a client in nearby Quedgely business park.
I found the staff to be very polite and friendly.
Nive food and a good selection of beers in the bar.

Very good value compared to the Holiday Inn .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jackhTyneside
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I arrived with my heavily pregnant wife after attending a family wedding nearby. I have never been met by such a rude, unhelpful and unpleasant hotelier, who wasn't interested in welcoming us to his 'hotel', simply demanding we pay for the room immediately. Rather than stay, we chose instead to drive back home to Bristol. Interestingly we discovered the following day that the best man had also left after similar treatment. Avoid.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickmadsie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quedgeley
Hatton Court Hotel
Hatton Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
The New Inn-Relaxinnz
The New Inn-Relaxinnz
#13 of 21 in Gloucester
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall Hotel
Mercure Gloucester, Bowden Hall ...
#1 of 2 in Upton St Leonards
The Edward Hotel
The Edward Hotel
#10 of 21 in Gloucester
Hatherley Manor
Hatherley Manor
#1 of 1 in Down Hatherley
Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12

Been to The Little Thatch Hotel Gloucester? Share your experiences!