All reviews bumble bee park and ride hi express pub next door hot food beans the sofa bed the pub free breakfast overnight stop comfortable room stayed here for one night business park short stay self service plenty of parking excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed April 9, 2018

We went away for a couple of nights and chose this HIE as I like to be able to park my car on the hotel premises unlike in some inner city hotels.
Good location not too far from city centre and quiet.
Rooms are always of a standard which I like and good value too.
I would like to mention Alice the guest service contact who is very professional, efficient, helpful and very pleasant.
There is a pub opposite (The bumble bee) which is alright for one night if you don't want to drive but you will have to get your car out (or taxi) if you want to eat out in the evening as it is remote.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIE-Glos, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Dear Martin B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic detailed review on your most recent stay with us.

I will be sharing this with Alice as it is always nice to be personally recognised by a guest that you have gone above and beyond.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kindest Regards

Emily Baker
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This was booked using the IHG website. There was a big car park which is free. The check-in was quick and easy. The room was in the quiet section of the hotel, it contained a double bed and sofa bed. The room was a bit cool, but we put the radiator on and it soon warmed up. At night it was quiet and dark. There was free wi-fi throughout the hotel. The breakfast area is big, but as the hotel was so busy they also had to use one of the meeting rooms. There was a choice of hot and cold options. The check-out was easy and it was a great price for a Bank Holiday. The staff we met were all friendly. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to the city centre.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Eddie M

Thank you for taking time to leave such a thorough review regarding your recent stay with us.
I am pleased to read that you found us to have adequate free parking and that you found the check in process to be quick and easy.
It is great to read that you were able to regulate the temperature within the room to meet your needs, and I hope you had a cosy nights sleep with us!
Thank you for your comments regarding our busy breakfast, as you correctly state we do open our meeting rooms when extremely busy to help ensure we have enough seating available for our guests during peak times.

It is also great to read you found us to be great value for money during your stay!
Your kind comments will be passed on to our team who will be pleased to read you found them friendly.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

stayed for one night and found this hotel to be excellent value, clean, comfortable and quiet with comfy bed for a good nights sleep and a served a great breakfast, ideal stop off for the night with a pub next door for evening meal

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HIE-Glos, Guest Service Assistant at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear alipaulwalsall,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your most recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read you had a great stay with us and had a good nights sleep.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Kindest Regards

Emily Baker
Guest Service Assistant

Reviewed March 29, 2018

The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed. The breakfasts were good with an excellent range to choose from: cooked breakfasts, yoghurt and fruit compote, toast, croissants, muffins and cereals. Coffee, tea and juice were freely available.

The reception staff were very helpful about local amenities.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Dear ChupChup2013

Thank you for taking the time to feedback regarding your stay with us.
It is pleasing to read that you found the room clean, comfortable and well appointed. It is also encouraging to read you enjoyed our included express start breakfast.

I do hope the team were able to assist with all of your queries, and that you had a nice time visiting Gloucester.
We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Stayed here whilst visiting the area for a rugby match. Not too far away from the town, excellent amenities, and the usual high standard of room and breakfast that you expect from a Holiday Inn express! Reception were quick to help when I caught my nail on the chair in the room and ripped my nail off leaving blood everywhere in the bathroom! Will return if we're in the area again!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMGLOUS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear Vikster89

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
Its great to read that our location met your needs and I hope the Rugby Match went in your teams favour!

Its encouraging to read that you found us to have excellent amenities and the room and breakfast to me of a high standard. Our team pride themselves on the services and standards we offer and its fantastic to read we were able to deliver on these during your stay.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.