Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12
$71
$114
$80
Hotels.com
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
$84
$56
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbumble beepark and ridehi expresspub next doorhot foodbeansthe sofa bedthe pubfree breakfastexcellent valueclean roomsovernight stopstayed here for one nightbusiness parkroad noiseself serviceshower room
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed for two nights on a trip to a family gathering. Check-in quick and efficient. Staff were all friendly and efficient. Room was of a good standard and the bed was comfortable. The hot breakfast choice is not extensive, but there are other options - pastries and cereals. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear Geoff J

Thank you for writing an online review following your recent stay at the hotel. It's great to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my wife and 2 kids. Got to the room and the sofabed hadn't been made up. They sorted this out pretty quickly. The sofabed had seen better days. The room was pretty small and there was only a tiny bathroom with cracked tiles, a feeble shower and manky shower curtain. The breakfast, although free leaves a lot to be desired. Hot buffet consists of sausages, beans and scrambled eggs. Avoid the nasty coffee! This hotel needs some serious money spent on it. As negative as this review is, I can't fault the staff. Very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Son B
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Son B

Thank you for writing a guest review following your recent stay at the hotel. We are very passionate about the service we provide to our guests so it's nice to read that the staff met your expectations.

Thank you for providing your feedback in regards to the sofabed please accept my apologies this was not made up upon arrival to which I shall address.

In regards to the breakfast and room this will be shared with the relevant departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed for two nights here. Check in was quick and easy. Although never really did find where the lift was from reception so used the stairs each time. Not too much of a problem as only really has 3 floors.

The floors are slightly confusingly numbered though as there seemed to be two 1st floors which was strange.

Room was like any Holiday Inn Express, old design, not the new modern white look. But the room was functional and clean. The biggest problem was the lack of Air Conditioning in the room. I know it isn't normally a problem in the UK, but it seems strange that was is new build hotel doesn't have air conditioned rooms. At least the windows opened wide and it wasn't too noisy.

The pub next door does serve some very good food, although the steak I had on the second night was a little disappointing.

Breakfast is the normal Express fair, I stay away from the hot food and just have cereal which is good, there did seem to be a lack of trays in the food area though.

Location for me was good as I needed access to the M5, if you are going into Gloucester it may be a little out of the way for easy access.

All in all a good hotel, if in the area will probably stay here again as it was good value for money and the pub next door was nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing an online review and providing us with your feedback following your recent stay at the hotel.

I'm glad you found the check in to be efficient, I will address with the relevant departments to ensure that guests are informed of where the lifts are please accept my apologies that you were not informed on checking in.

In regards to the breakfast we have recently taken away the trays but are available should one be required.

The feedback you have provided helps us to improve the service we deliver to our guests to ensure that we exceed your expectations and I have shared your comments with all departments.

We hope you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business as I do quite regularly.
Rooms are always clean. Staff always found them friendly and helpful.
Pub next door has lovely meals.
Beer garden is great in the summer.
Free breakfast is better than nothing and to be fair, there is a decent selection of cereals and pastries.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear LesleyDavies34

Thank you for writing a lovely review of the hotel following you recent stay,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to our brand and returning to our hotel on a regular basis.

We look forward to welcoming you back and once again meeting your expectations.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Nice hotel, very clean, helpful staff. Good pub with excellent food next door, breakfast ok. My only complaint is a big one. We had a twin room and both beds had beautiful, very thick double feather duvets on them. Now had I been in a ski resort in winter time I would have been delighted however, this was summer time in middle England and we were both so hot we felt like we were cooking. I had to get up during the night and remove the duvet and jusr use the cover, which wasnt warm enough. Hence a dreadful nights sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank keskarosie
Sam G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gloucester - South M5, Jct 12, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear keskarosie

Thank you for taking the time to write an online review and providing us with your feedback following your recent stay. We pride ourselves in the customer service we provide so it's lovely to read that you found the staff to be helpful.

Thank you for providing you feedback about the duvets which I have shared with the relevant departments.

We hope you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.