“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nai Harn
Riga
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

All in all, this is a great hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are spacious and have a balcony with a sofa overlooking the pool - great for a chill out any time of the day. The pool itself is large, section of it is an infinity pool, and there's also a pool for children and a deep 4.6m deep pool that you can jump into.

Dining facilities are excellent, there is a restaurant and 2 bars next to the pool. Price for drinks is quite expensive, but hey - this is a hotel, so only to be expected. Breakfast is included into room price and is quite nice.

The main (and only really) drawback of this hotel is its location. Granted it is located just 5 minutes of walking from the Nai Harn beach, but other than that it's really secluded and there's not much around it. Especially in the evenings you need to go elsewhere for all the action. We found ourselves taking trips to Kata and Patong nearly every day as a result. Was no big deal for us as we had a rental car, but otherwise it could cost you a penny.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Alex M,

Tropical Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent stay at U Sunsuri. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for sharing your impressions with other people from around the world.

At U Sunsuri our ultimate goal is your complete satisfaction and positive feedback such as yours encourages the entire team to strive to offer our guests the perfect holiday experience.

I have taken note of your comment about the prices of our drinks, might i kindly ask what would be the critierions of your comparison? Kindly contact me at: gm@usunsuriphuket.com to let me know as i am interested, thank you.

May I end by saying that it was an absolute pleasure to have the chance to serve you and we look forward to seeing you again on the beautiful island of Phuket where you will be assured a very warm welcome.

Richard Mehr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife & I decided to go to Phuket Thailand for her Birthday and after a very lengthy search found U Sunsuri Hotel. From the moment we arrived at U Sunsuri Hotel we we're in Paradise. The hotel itself is out of this world! Very beautiful & private allowing us to relax and unwind. The Pool(s) are so lush and over look the beautiful resort and landscape. The rooms are very good size with plenty of space. There is No bad View!

We decided to have my Wife's Birthday dinner at the U Sunsuri Hotel and it was Amazing Culinary Experience. Chef Garfield was perfect in suggesting several Appetizers & Courses for us as everything on the menu looked simply delightful. So we're lucky to have had such a Gracious Chef & Host for such an important birthday for my Wife.

We've already booked our next family vacation (bringing the kids this time) to Thailand & U Sunsuri Hotel as it's perfect for kids. They have a separate pool for the kids.

To anyone looking for the Finest 5 Star Experience while in Phuket Thailand have to consider U Sunsuri Hotel & Resort.

Thank you to the Wonderful Staff at U Sunsuri Hotel & Thank you Chef Garfield for the Amazing Culinary Experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank urbankris
Dear Urbankris,

Greetings from the beautiful island of Phuket.

May I begin by saying how much I appreciate our valued guests taking the time to write about their visit to Phuket and U Sunsuri on TripAdvisor. A sincere personal “thank you” for doing this, each and every U Guests comments are shared with our team and posted on our bulletin board, a great reminder to let us know that we are on the right track or if the need be, improve our services to ensure each and every guest a better stay.

At U Sunsuri we follow the brand standard and core value of our parent company in ensuring that our guests experience the best possible example of the world-renowned Thai hospitality and superlative service. Our entire U team was chosen for not only for their own particular skill in the hospitality field but also because they showed a heartfelt dedication in providing U Sunsuri’s visitors with a memorable holiday.

Your extremely kind words go towards showing us that we made the right decision in selecting our staff and I would also like to extend my personal thanks to them for being an absolute pleasure to work with.

We have taken note of your compliments towards our Chef and further to your comments, he would say that, even as the Executive Chef, his job would be insurmountably difficult were it not for the valiant efforts and complete and utter dedication to our guests’ satisfaction of his entire kitchen team and the friendliness of our service team.

I will pass on your extremely kind words to Chef Garfield and all the F&B team as it will only encourage them to continue to offer a perfect and unforgettable stay whilst on Phuket.

May I end by saying that it was a delight host you as our valued guest and we hope that you find the time to visit us again in the very near future.

RIchard Mehr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

nice resort but slightly far from shopping areas..beach is within walking distance with a lot of tourists..the staff understands limited English but always try to help with any enquiries..all in all a good experience! recommend the place for leisure staying and beach lovers!:)

• Stayed March 2014
Dear doristfk,

Sunny greetings from U Sunsuri on Nai Harn Beach, Phuket.

Thank you for your review. It has been a privilege to serve you and on behalf of the U Sunsuri team, thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of the world, this means a lot to us and is an encouragement to do better and better over the months and over the years. We have taken note of the limited english of our team members and will ensure they will go thru English lessons during the green season.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again in the not too far future.

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

U sunsuri resort is situated on hillside with spectacular view. The resort is located in Nai Harn beach. My wife and I had a lovely time there. The resort is very luxurious which facilitates two swimming pools with pool bar, restaurants, spa facilities, gym etc. The rooms are very spacious which are designed in a thai contemporary style with modern touches. The room services are also good. The staffs are really nice and lovely. My wife and I had an amazing time and would love to come here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brandy R,

A very warm greeting from U Sunsuri Phuket.

It is always a great pleasure to read the positive reviews we have been receiving on Trip Advisor and I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform the Trip Advisor readers about your stay. It is a great motivation factor for all of us at U Sunsuri, we learn from our guests what we have done well and where we need to improve ourselves and this helps us tremendously in our quest to delight each and every guests.

The U chain of hotels and resorts has been fortunate enough, in a relatively short space of time, to obtain a reputation for high standards with some unique touches to enhance our guests’ experience. As we were the third U property to open in Thailand after our sister hotels in Chiang Mai and Kanchanaburi we have maintained the core values and mission they have established in offering our guests’ simply the best levels of service and comfort we can possibly provide.

Your comments are truly appreciated by the entire U Sunsuri team in showing that we are hopefully on our way to achieving a similar reputation and I would be delighted that, on your next visit to Thailand, you’ll once again do us the honor of choosing us as your accommodation in Phuket.

melbourne australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Where do I start? When you walk into the lobby of this hotel you really feel like you are a rock star. The staff are so kind and the interior architecture is magnificent. In case I forget to mention it later- Toady at reception is one of the best staff members we have ever dealt with in a hotel. We asked if he could come back to Australia with us we liked him so much. Our 7 year old son was really sad to say goodbye because they became friends. The staff here cannot do enough for you. I am a manager and I believe Richard Mehr is a highly intelligent manager because he has enough faith in his front desk staff to allow them to make decisions without having to ask 3 other people. They just make it happen- not the norm for Thailand always.I have never stayed in a hotel that every call you make from your room is "Thank you for calling. How may I brighten your day?" How good is that?
The rooms are beautiful. Pay the extra for the deluxe room. They are higher up the hill so you get views across the lake and village not just the pool. Balconies are huge. We want the mattress we slept on because it was our best sleep ever. Beautiful quality bed linen, soaps etc. This resort is set on a very steep incline. It is actually a structural engineering wonder. There are buggies to take you up and down and around the resort. We felt a bit shy to call them on our first few days, but don;t be shy as that's what they are there for. Nai Harn as an area is really quiet. At night you are better off going to Rawai for dinner 5 minutes away as there are so many restaurants there. 200 bht each way taxi. Rip off but taxis are in Phuket.
The food at breakfast is top standard. Beautiful everything. Still getting the kilos off. Only criticism are the staff slow at breakfast to take plates away and offer coffee and tea. I raised this with the GM (after noticing he seemed fully aware of it as he was there nearly every morning showing the staff the right way to do things and keeping an eye on everything) and he said they are focusing heavily on breakfast service standards. That is a minor criticism though as it is a fabulous hotel and one of the nicest we have ever stayed in. Very good library too to borrow books from if you read a book every few days doing nothing by the pool like me

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear intrepidaussie_8,

Tropical greetings from U Sunsuri on Nai Harn Beach Phuket....How can we brightern your day from our side of the world?

May I begin by sincerely thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at U Sunsuri on Trip Advisor, your feedback is essential in ensuring that we maintain our reputation and high standards of service, comfort and facilities that the U Hotels & Resorts offers and no matter wherever a U is located.

It was an absolute pleasure to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. A lot of thought and planning went into every facet of U Sunsuri and, after receiving the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our guests, I am delighted that our efforts meet with such approval.

I must add that no matter the quality of the “hardware” of a deluxe resort an integral and irreplaceable part of a superlative guest experience is the “software”. Regarding this and further to your comments about the service you received from the staff I would like to say that, even as General Manager and team leader of the resort, my job would be insurmountably difficult were it not for the valiant efforts and complete and utter dedication to our guests’ satisfaction of my entire team.

We're only 10 months old and already we have had an amazing amount of comments via TripAdvisor advising us how to improve our services and we are thankful for that. There is still a long way to go and lot's to do but every day it's a step forward and we're closing the distance, afterall, Rome was not done overnight!

I will pass on your extremely kind words to all my staff as it will only encourage them to continue to offer a perfect and unforgettable stay whilst on Phuket.

May I end by saying that it was delight to serve you as our honored guests and we look forward to welcoming you all back in the very near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My better half, Sabrina, and myself spent a truly enjoyable 4 days at this comfortable resort.
Its located away from most of the hustle and bustle and you can spend your days walking by the beach or lazing around in the resort.
The facilities and surroundings are excellent and my missus enjoyed a massage and worked out in the gym.
The room was spacious and comfortable though there was some noise from the AC. The hotel staff n manager were well aware of the noise and offered to switch us to another room after some discussion, though the available rooms had a similar problem as well.
The food in the restaurant was excellent and the service from the chef Mr Garfield Angove, was first class. On our second last day he even brought us to the local market where we bought some seafood which was then cooked for our dinner that night.
Apart from that, overall service from hotel staff was very good and attentive

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Winston L,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks for the kind words you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. My team put their best efforts into providing our guests with the true U experience which has led our sister hotels to become multiple award winners and your comments only encourage both them and myself to strive to offer you the warmest welcome we possibly can.

At a U property the emphasis is on providing an unrivalled personal service experience for all our valued guests. A property can offer all the first class amenities and facilities it can but this amounts to nothing if the staff lacks sincerity, heart and a willingness to be of assistance in every way possible.

We were delighted that you and Sabrina felt we managed to live up to these aims and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

very nice and beautiful resort, good service, polite and helpful staffs, have great swimming pool and beautiful view. will come again if visiting phuket next time.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear joeilau,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the praise you gave our staff. I will pass on your comments to them personally.

As part of the U group of hotels and resorts our main aim is to provide the type of warm service that is so often sadly lacking in the hospitality business. It’s the little personal touches that our guests truly appreciate and which it is our absolute pleasure to provide.

Both myself and the entire U Sunsuri team look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nai Harn
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,011 reviews

Been to Sunsuri Phuket? Share your experiences!