“Almost there!!!....” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Nai Harn
Edinburgh
“Almost there!!!....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed for a week 22 Dec-29 Dec, peak season = peak prices! Arrived late in the evening and were checked in & whisked to our room by golf buggy & Bird the receptionist. We are a family of 4 ...2 adults & 2 children aged 15. We had booked 2 deluxe rooms and had requested inter-connecting rooms. This request was met & we were delighted with the rooms, they were large, bright & airy. The shower was fantastic (big rain shower). The "Smart" tv was great & the large balcony with sofa was very comfortable. The deluxe rooms however are at the top of the resort & you really do require the golf buggy to take you up & down. This was not a problem, just phone & they were there!

Later when we were settled in we went for a drink in the bar & before returning to our room I asked at the bar for some ice. I was informed ice would be delivered to our room, 30 minutes passed & it had not arrived so I phoned reception, again I was told someone would deliver. It never arrived! When I expressed my disappointment at reception next day I was asked at which time each day I would require ice for my drink & it would be delivered. The next day it didn't arrive at 5pm so 5.45pm I had to call them again. After complaining for a second time they managed to get it right!

On 23 Dec I booked a table for the Xmas Eve dinner & was asked by the receptionist to chose my table from the table plan. I chose a table close to the pool & he marked it with a sticker & placed our name on another sheet. Later that evening when we returned to our room there was a letter stating that our "chosen" table was not available & could we chose another from the table plan. All the available tables were not around the pool & far from the Carol Singers. I might be wrong, but a large Russian group checked-in that morning & when I looked at the table plan at lunch-time it was still quite quiet but by dinner time was almost full!! I didn't want to make a fuss so asked my husband to tell the reception we had changed our plans. We spent Christmas Eve in a very nice upmarket Italian restaurant instead (Da Vinci).

Our second attempt at eating at U Sunsuri was also unsuccessful. After spending a lovely morning by the pool we decided to have lunch at Sail restaurant which were were told by Bird was opened for breakfast, lunch & dinner. When we arrived for lunch we were inform by Garfield very politely (new head chef) that changes were being made & it was closed for lunch. However menu's outside the restaurant were still showing the lunch menu!!! We had lunch on the beach instead.

Housekeeping : extra training is require in this department. You have an option to have your bed changed daily, which we took . I had two "top" pillowcases on my bed, whereas my husband had a "flat" & "top" pillowcase & this did not change throughout the week leading me to believe that our beds were not changed all week. I left the empty shower gel container by the sink so the housekeeper would see it needed refilled, however it wasn't. I saw her in the hallway the next day & asked her to refill. They also had a real problem finding & replacing sanitary bags.

On our day of departure a iron & iron board was not available....most unfortunate!

Breakfast was great. Fantastic choice with lovely happy chef's prepared to make you any kind of eggs & a choice of cereals, yoghurts, smoothies, pastries etc. However most mornings we couldn't get a table for 4 outside on the terrace with some tables for 4 being taken by couples!!! This possibly could be down to it being peak season.

Staff : Reception staff were amazing. Always accommodating & friendly. Reception manager (lady in white jacket????) was really very helpful at all times. Bikes at reception were a big plus with our twin daughters & (lady in white jacket!!!) went to get bottled water for the cyclists!!!

Some of the above comments might seem quite picky..but I believe as a guest it's important to give an honest & unbiased review of your experience.

All in all I think U Sunsuri has the potential to be a front runner in Phuket....they just need to iron out some problems. And yes I would return....but probably not in peak season.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Duffz
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear EdinburghRosieposie,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by thanking you for sharing your thoughts regarding you stay on Trip Advisor. Despite your positive comments regarding many aspects of your time with us I was very disappointed to read the issues you experienced which caused you to award us an average score therefore I would like to take this opportunity to reply to you.

I would like to sincerely apologise for these issues and wholeheartedly assure you that you are not in any way being “picky”. Your custom is deeply appreciated and your satisfaction is our ultimate goal so if there are aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations it is our duty to attend to them.

I fully admit that the issue with your ice was an oversight on the part of my staff. For it to happen once was regrettable but to happen again is completely unacceptable and not the standard of service I expect of my team. I have taken strong action over this tardiness.

I would like to investigate further regarding your experience with the Christmas Eve Dinner therefore if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@usunsuriphuket.com with the details of your stay I will look into the matter and respond to you personally via email. I will also ascertain what occurred with the housekeeping service and report back to you.

I truly regret the misinformation you were provided regarding SAIL restaurant being closed for lunch and am very sorry for the inconvenience. I have instructed my staff to remove the lunch menu for the time being and inform our guests that SURF restaurant is available for guests wishing to dine at lunchtime.

Due to the high demand for ironing boards as we are running at high occupancy we are in the process of procuring a dozen more. Unfortunately we were not able to do so at the time of your stay as our suppliers were closed for the holiday season.

Your comment regarding the availability of tables on the terrace has been well noted and we have already placed extra seating in that location.

May I end by saying that despite your disappointment I always invite our guests to pop in and see us again to be assured that their valued comments have been acted upon.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back to U Sunsuri soon.

Richard Mehr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The reason why we choose this hotel was a very pleasant stay previous at its sister hotel in Bali.

We booked directly from the hotel and I was very pleased by the great service of their reservations team who helped us a lot on taking most advantage of the great 24h policy (one night = 24h counting from your check-in time) and were very patient when I changed our travel dates several times. The same friendliness and attentiveness we experience with any employee of the hotel during our stay.

Our room was nice and spacious. Unfortunately the deluxe room we booked was very high up the hill the resort is build on (while the pool, reception, restaurant etc. are down at the entrance) and we needed to call for a buggy every time we wanted to get to or down from our room. Which worked well though but it does makes you think twice before you go to your room to get something you forgot when you are at the pool. Next time I would book a category lower and therefore stay right at the pool.

Unfortunately our toilet was stuck after every use but I am sure the management took care of this issue carefully after we left since I can't imagine it to be efficient to sent the maintenance guys up to the room every day once or twice.

The air-con in the room was pretty loud but did not bother us too much when we were sleeping. I rather had problems because the blankets were to warm even with the air-con on.

The pool area is great. The food at the pool is good. The drinks are decent too.

We had dinner at the restart once. We really enjoyed it and it is much better than the food you get outside of the hotel. Of course it also comes at a little higher price but we felt it was worth it. The service is very friendly and also professional.

The breakfast is pretty good and I think it's fantastic that your are not stuck with the restaurant hours (until 11am) but can enjoy it at any time anywhere at the hotel. For example at 3pm by the pool, if you want.

We used the SPA every day during our stay. And the SPA team managed to stand out even among all the other friendly people we met at the U Sunsuri. Their services are very pleasant and highly professional.

The beach is not far away but I am rather used to hotels with private beaches and therefore this beach was way to crowed for us to hang out there. Though we had a nice snorkeling tour to potato island from the beach with the "Sea Bees" who have an office at the U Sunsuri where one can also book dive-trips and courses.

There is a temple close by and there was a festival going on during stay which was pretty noisy and present everywhere at the hotel: the pool, the terrace of the restaurant and our own balcony. Of course this is not a fault of the hotel and didn't bother us too much but I could imagine other people might be annoyed by that.

Overall our stay was very nice and we would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear janbeijing,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I say how delighted I was that you chose to stay with us after a time at our sister hotel U Paasha Seminyak in Bali. I greatly appreciate the trust you put in us after your previous pleasant experience and am glad we managed to live up to your expectations.

Despite your enjoyable stay and the very kind comments you posted you noted some issues during your stay and I would like to take the opportunity to address these.

I must sincerely apologise for the problems you experienced with your toilet and, although it was very kind of you not to wish to bother our engineering team, would like to say that we are here to be of service to our guests in any way possible and will gladly attend to any matters. Basically it’s our pleasure (and our job) to ensure that your stay is as enjoyable and hassle-free as it can be.

Your point about the air conditioning has been well noted and the small number of noisy units installed are in the process of being repaired at this very moment.

I deeply regret that you were disturbed by the temple fair near the hotel. As I have mentioned in previous Trip Advisor replies this is an infrequent occurrence but I am extremely sorry that this coincided with your stay. Unfortunately as you mentioned when these events occur there is little we can do about it as in Thailand noise pollution regulations are practically non-existent or, where they do exist, unenforced by the local authorities.

May I end by saying that it was a delight to be of service to you and I hope that we either have the chance to see you again or you choose to be a U hotels and resorts frequent flyer ( as it were) and stay in another of our properties in the region.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

The in-room breakfast was top class. Compliments to their Chef Garfield Angrove at The Sails restaurant where we had dinner for the excellent food. The interactive TV is a brilliant idea by the hotel, access to in room dining, internet, music, etc. Love the toilet and tub. The pool is really great with slides and diving board and different pools to cater to everyone's need. Love it that they serve ice cream on stick at the pool but need to have more finger food variety for the pool menu. Kids love the game room. Overall this hotel has potential to be highly rank. Staff needs a lot of proper training, especially in English, speed & some knowledge on different cultures as u receive guests from every parts of the world.

Not enough iron board to go around the rooms. Wifi keeps dropping. Landscape gardener needs to be attentive & not talking on her mobile phone while the hose spraying everywhere at guest. Need to have kids' menu asap. The Sails restaurant is kinda dim, at some point wasn't sure if it was operational and went to the restaurant opposite but the local chef looked unfriendly when we asked if they were open, so we left. Can't get an appointment at the spa for massage, always fully booked. Check in staff needs training on their English. No money changer in hotel. Doesn't inform u the pick up point of the hotel shuttle from Naiharn beach. Abit scary after 10pm to walk back to the room as lights are rather dim. Hotel limo turns out to be a van of 8 pax (there's only 2 of us) instead of a car. Maintenance dept for the room slack, don't think they do their rounds to check on the rooms, few lights in the room not working.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sheilz N
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Goonduh,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

Many thanks for spending the time to write an in-depth review of your stay. Even though you scored us as “Excellent” your constructive comments go a long way in assisting me in attending to the challenge of running a successful hotel and preparing U Sunsuri for the enjoyment of our future guests.

I have shown your review to Chef Garfield and he wishes to relay a big “thank you” for your praise. Since joining us his dedication to his job has received a lot of positive feedback from our guests. I am also glad that the facilities we provided met with your approval and you made good use of the pool – a real highlight of the hotel.

However as I try to do with every Trip Advisor review I would like to reply to the points you raised where you feel an improvement could be made to maintain our current reputation amongst Phuket’s deluxe accommodation.

Your comments regarding some of the staff are well noted. Unfortunately with Phuket being one of the region’s top holiday destinations and with the massive amount of competition also requiring quality employees it is a sometimes not that easy to find staff who meet the exacting U standards we employ. However this problem is not exclusive to U Sunsuri and all international hotels in Thailand suffer from this to some degree, even those in the super luxury league. Nevertheless all our staff undergo constant training to meet the U brand standard and we have received many positive comments both on this website and in person regarding their approach to their work, especially as a U hotel is noted for the staffs’ service mind.

Your comment regarding the ironing boards is also well noted and we are in the process of procuring some more. Our IT staff have also rectified the issue with the Wi-Fi and I am in consultation with Chef Garfield regarding your recommendation for the Kid’s Menu.

I was disappointed to learn about your experience with the gardener. Our staff are under strict instructions to never use their mobile phones whilst on duty unless in the case of an emergency and I have taken disciplinary action over this.

I have also spoken to the Thai Chef regarding the impression he gave you when you enquired about whether the restaurant was open.

I must also express my apologies that the Spa is a victim of its own success and is often fully booked. We pride ourselves on the superlative experience the staff provides and, as it is difficult to recruit outsourced, trained therapists who meet our exacting standards, we would rather avoid disappointing our guests by offering a sub-standard service.

After reading your observations during check-in I have introduced extra training on top of the regular programme for front desk staff.

Unfortunately in Thailand there are very strict requirements in place for obtaining a license to change currency with a number of steps to take and this is very time consuming although we are in the process of liaising with the various local authority departments involved.

Your comment regarding informing the guests where the pickup point at Nai Harn Beach has been addressed for our future guests and I am sorry if you were inconvenienced in any way.

I must apologize if there was any confusion over the hotel shuttle van you took to your destination. In Thailand a limo is considered to be any form of car ( not necessarily an executive model as might be in other countries ) or a vehicle capable of taking multiple passengers. Our shuttle van takes passengers to Patong and Phuket town for a moderate fee of THB 250 per person with usually a minimum number of three guests required for the journey and I am sorry if it was not what you expected. An outsourced company with a full sized saloon car such as a Honda Accord or similar would charge you at least THB 1,700 for the same journey so I beg your kind understanding that we simply could not offer a true “limousine” for the price we charge.

The maintenance department runs a regular maintenance programme of all our rooms to ensure they are in tip top condition and I must politely refute your opinion that they are in any way slack, given the workload I impose on them to keep U Sunsuri up to U standards. Of course things such as light bulbs do have a tendency to blow at any time and we rely on our guests to inform us of such issues that occur for immediate rectification. Unfortunately we have no record of a report from yourselves informing us that some of the lights were not working and I am sorry for your inconvenience.

May I end by saying that, as in every case where a valued guest has taken the time to make us aware of their observations, all of us at U Sunsuri would dearly enjoy the pleasure of your company again where you can see for yourself the results of your invaluable feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Pros-
Great pool area with plenty of beds, great dive board & plunge pool,fun slide! Nice cocktails & food by the pool!
Friendly staff but staff at reception are ESP kind!
Great breakfast selection great eggs!
Right beside the beach
Free bike rentals
Very clean & well kept!
Pool area with dive board & slide are great fun for kids ages 7yrs+

Cons-
Not suitable for families with young kids (even though there where plenty of them there) that's just my opinion, slippy area around pool, you have to climb 3 sets of stairs to get to toilet!
Staff were standing around taking when Garfield (ex chief) wasn't around I had to go ask then for coffee.
Looked understaffed at breakfast the juicer station was left unattended with a huge knife to cut your fruit to juice, as was the pancake station we made out own 3 mornings in a row!
Our room was lovley but was facing a swamp so could t use balcony as we'd have been eaten alive by Mosquitos!

When asking at reception for a plaster for a cut on my husbands knee we noticed they didn't have a fully equipt first aid kit they didn't even have plasters! & a little girl cut her finger off a pepper shaker & the only thing they had was alcohol! They actually came out with cello tape! Really!!
You can smoke at the pool!
Yuk!!

Overall we had a nice experience at the hotel the manager tried to upgrade our room even though they were full! A tip I would give is not to book section 8 ask for a pool view! In my personal experience I don't think it's a child proof hotel, I wouldn't take young kids here age 7yrs+ go for it! It's like any hotel it's fantastic in one way & disappointing in another!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Karleigh,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to thank you for sharing your views on your stay with your family at U Sunsuri Phuket. I am truly sorry that I wasn't able to upgrade you as you expected and so kindly asked for it via email but as you mentioned we were fully booked.

I am always grateful that people take the time to write a review as sometimes we are not made aware of any issues experienced while the guest is in residence and have to rely on websites such as this to ascertain any matters that need our attention. Despite the outstanding feedback we have gratefully received since opening, both myself and my team will never “rest on our laurels” and every single guest comment is given serious thought as to how things can be enhanced or improved upon. Some are easier fix then others and as soon as the low season will start, we will go thru the list our guests have kindly shared with us and make the necessary improvements.

Your list of “pros” are deeply appreciated but, more importantly, it is the “cons” that are of most interest to me. A hotel has but one mission concerning the guests and that is that they are completely satisfied with their stay. Your feedback is invaluable in allowing us to meet those standards of satisfaction.

I would like to offer a genuine apology concerning those areas in which we did not live up to your expectations and address your comments point by point.

We have already placed non-slip material around the pool area therefore if you could kindly contact me via gm@usunsuriphuket.com and inform me where you have observed slippery surfaces I can attend to the matter at once.

I am also pleased to inform you we will be constructing a children’s toilet next to the playground. This will be during low season so as to cause minimum disruption to our guests.

I have had strong words with my F&B Team regarding the lack of service you received when requiring a coffee. This is certainly not the standard of service I expect from my staff and action has been taken over this.

In the early morning we have a smaller staff set up for breakfast and a full team to cope with demand later on. However your comment regarding the lack of manpower at various food stations has been well noted and addressed to ensure there is coverage at all times.

If I may politely inform you that the “swamp” facing your room is in fact a saltwater lake and definetely not the reason for mosquitoes appearing on your balcony. Thailand is a tropical country and unfortunately mosquitoes are part of the scenery wherever you may stay in Thailand. Thus, mosquito repellent is available for purchase in the hotel and at every convenience store such as 7-11 and I must apologize if you were not aware of this.

We have now replenished our first aid kit for any minor injuries or accidents which may occur.

We do (as does the overwhelmingly majority of hotels and resorts in Thailand) provide a smoking area at the pool. However at U Sunsuri we restrict smoking to around the bar and the rest of the pool area is normally 100% non-smoking. I am truly sorry if some of our guests have ignored the rules and if my team has not been vigilant enough to invite our customers to smoke around the bar.

As General Manager, it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure our guests are happy therefore I implore all our guests to please bring any matters to my personal attention or the attention of my Front Desk during their stay so as I can attend to them immediately.

May I end by saying that if you and your family are ever Thailand bound in the future we hope you would allow us to be of service to you again and wish you another warm U Sunsuri welcome.

Angelholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We decided to book 3 Nights on this hotel. It was a lovely stay, nice big rooms, Very nce pool, and Amazing breakfast. Very very friendly staff at this hotel, utterly helpful. Good food in general, but highly expensive prices and after that Everything is excluded vat and service charge (17%).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear JohanFri,

Tropical Greetings from the U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by offering my sincere thanks for your invaluable feedback regarding your stay at U Sunsuri Phuket. We read each and every correspondence from our guests as it allows us to find out what we are doing right and, more importantly, areas in which we can enhance our guests’ experience.

After reading your observations regarding our pricing, I must politely refute your opinion that our prices are too high. We keep a close eye on the prices we apply vs. the prices applied by other hotels of our category and standalone restaurants.

Every hotels and restaurants located in hotels are, by law, obliged to pay 10% Service Charge and 7% Vat which amounts to 17.7%. Standalone restaurants are exempted, the comparison is rather difficult to make in such circumstances. U Sunsuri is no different to all the other hotels in Thailand.

I would like to say that it was a genuine pleasure to serve you during your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

s was a great finale to our Andaman Sky custom built holiday, in which we took in the best places we could afford in the region, which in our case amounted to a chill-out resort on Lanta island (LaLaanta, more on that place in my review posted at the same time as this) and also Cha Wan resort in Ao Nang. We couldn’t fault the U Sunsuri except for what is the name about, I suppose it’s meant to grab attention.

The breakfasts here offered varied fare and were included in the room rate, buffet style so you can eat as much as you like, bit you are not supposed to fill a doggy bag for lunch like I saw some other guests doing, after which the restaurant manager politely told then to not do that – the amazing thing is that while basically complaining about their low-life thieving behavior, he managed to make it all into a big joke – he wasn’t fooling me though, I could read the (in my opinion) contempt behind the smile. All sounds a bit negative, but really it’s not meant to, this is a great resort and we had a wonderful time here, didn’t do much except lounge around reading books and dreading going back to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jchilds1,

Tropical greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by thanking you for sending us your feedback regarding your stay at U Sunsuri. Your invaluable comments are essential in allowing us to rectify any problems and maintain our high standards of service and comfort.

To answer your first question, U is derivated from the U Hotels and Resorts, an uncomplicated bijoux deluxe hotel brand that is a stimulating blend of local heritage and design accents that pair with modern amenities, services and facilities to unobtrusively encourage sophisticated target customers eager to enjoy the local environment. Our motto is "Uncomplicated. Inspiring. You". A U hotel is all about YOU.

Sun and Suri are in fact the same word. Sun is the english version of Suri in Thai. U Sunsuri.

Referring to your observation comments over breakfast, I am glad to read that our Restaurant Manager performed as expected, I will make sure to share your comment with him.

May I end by saying that it was a delight to serve you as our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Phuket.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and I must say we loved it. First of all the check in was very welcoming, took us up to our room and we were given the choice of soap we would like. The room we had was a very good size and it was very clean aswell. Nice big comfortable bed aswell with good pillows. The air con was good but was quite loud, I read this in reviews before we came, it was loud but not terribly loud that would keep you awake. Shower was powerful and always had hot water when I used it. The bathroom is also well prepared with plugs next to the mirror for shavers & hair driers and whatsoever. Although I would mention that there was not a full size mirror. The couch on the balcony was also very comfy with a fan overhead which was ideal for sitting out on and relaxing. The only 2 problems I did have were that 1; I asked for my room to be made up and bed changed and when I can back my room was made up and bed was not changed. After phoning reception they done it within a few hours. The other was the fact I woke up on the first night of my stay with a cockroach in my bed alongside me and my partner. I understand this is Asia and the climate is the cause but it still doesn't make it any nicer to experience. Maybe I'm being fussy but I would have expected this in a 2/3 star which costs 1000THB a night not a 5 star resort which costs 15000. also the room door wasn't too thick and let a lot of noise in. And lastly there was some sort of festival going on just accross from the hotel and the music was really loud and went on until about 2am most nights. I know this isn't the hotels fault but still a bit of a pain. All in though I thought this was a great hotel and the friendliness of the staff made up for some of the stuff I wasn't so happy about.
Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ross H,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by sincerely thanking you for writing a concise review of your stay with us. Not only is your opinion extremely valuable in informing your fellow Trip Advisor readers as to what they can expect when staying with us but it also allows us the opportunity to respond to you with the action we have taken or are in the process of taking regarding the issues you experienced.

Even though you stay was on the whole an enjoyable one I must offer my genuine apologies over the aforementioned issues.

The noise problem affecting some of the air conditioning units is in the process of being rectified at this very moment but will take a little time to be completed as the process is quite involved.

After receiving feedback from yourself and other guests we will be installing full length mirrors in all our rooms but admittedly will not be in time for the current season due to the magnitude of the task.

I truly regret that the Housekeeping Department failed to make up your room as per your requirements which was an oversight on their part. I have spoken to their manager regarding this.
I was extremely concerned to read about the cockroach you found in your room. All U hotels and resorts undergo regular pest control programmes by dedicated professional outsourced companies to minimize the problem and our last one was quite recently therefore I will ask them to inspect the room you occupied as we have managed to identify you from our records.

If I may say that is was extremely kind of you to refer to us as a 5 star resort but we in fact class ourselves as 4 star.

I regret that there was a temple fair creating some disturbance during your stay. Luckily these are relatively rare (I believe that this was only the second one held since we opened) but I fully sympathise with your feelings. Unfortunately in Thailand the rules and regulations regarding noise pollution are not strongly enforced and despite our appeals to both the temple itself and the local authorities little has been done. Although I might add that this situation is in no way exclusive to U Sunsuri or Phuket and is a countrywide problem.

May I end by saying that despite the issues you experienced I am thoroughly delighted that you had a good time and the entire U team hopes that on your next visit to Phuket you would do us the honour of staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nai Harn
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,011 reviews

Been to Sunsuri Phuket? Share your experiences!