Sunsuri Phuket
  • Beachfront
THE NAI HARN(Nai Harn)
Thalassa(Rawai)
1,002 results
All reviewsdiving platformdiving boardsip bargolf cartkids clubsurf restaurantpool bargames roomrain showerbuggy servicebuddhist templesliderssteep hilllarge balconypool villadeluxe roomwelcome drink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We did not book this hotel in advance but drove to it by accident. They did not have rooms available but only a suite which we booked for two nights and got a small discount on. We booked as the staff were so good and trying to find us another nearby hotel but their presentation and that of the hotel were so overwhelming I felt I would rather stay there. We were not disappointed !! The suite was fantastic, so good in fact we stayed a further three nights. On one day we just stayed in the hotel and used their facilities. Not the cheapest around but very, very high quality. A big thanks to Kitty and Graham, the manager, for inadvertently giving us our long overdue honeymoon after eight years of marriage. It's a quiet spot but taxis are good and local restaurants are inexpensive. Tony and Mao.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony T
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Anthony T,

Tropical Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

I would like to offer my heartfelt thanks for the kind words you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay, this means the world to us and especially to those you have mentioned in your review. I still remember meeting you and Madam, in the lobby, and discussing with my Front Office Team about your long overdue Honeymoon. I am so glad you gave us the opportunity to make your wish come true, these are souvenirs my team and i will cherish.

My team put their best efforts into providing our guests with the true U experience which has led our sister hotels to become multiple award winners and your comments only encourage both them and myself to strive to offer you the warmest welcome we possibly can and the best services we can hope for.

At a U property the emphasis is on providing an unrivalled personal service experience for all our valued guests. A property can offer all the first class amenities and facilities it can but this amounts to nothing if the staff lacks sincerity, heart and a willingness to be of assistance in every way possible.

We were delighted that you felt we managed to live up to these aims and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.

Don't make it too long before we see you again!

Richard Mehr & Team

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel has lots of positives like 24 hour check out policy, and breakfast anytime, but this hotel is just too boring for us. We got 5 yrs old son and he has no other child to play with for the last two days. Also, the kids club does not have various activities as we wished. Beach is a bit far so we need to walk outside of the hotel to get there (15 mins of walk on the roadside). Swimming pool does not have kids friendly pool (most of the area are around 1.3m). Not enough shades available on the poolside.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drbdds
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear drbdds,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at U Sunsuri as it allows me the opportunity to reply to the points you raised.

I must apologise for being somewhat confused as to why you stated in the title of your review that we were a nice hotel, mentioned we had a lot of positives, scored us highly in many areas such as rooms, value and service and then awarded us a “poor” ranking.

In lieu of any further information as to why you considered us to be poor I can only assume that the points you mentioned were the crux of your dissatisfaction. I would like to sincerely apologise for these but unfortunately Phuket has been experiencing some inclement weather meaning that maybe the island could not be enjoyed to its fullest and lead you to consider us “boring”. I also regret that your son had nobody to play with in the final days of your stay but I feel sure that you understand both this situation and the weather are events that the hotel has no control over whatsoever.

Your comment regarding the kids’ club has been well noted and even though the feedback we have received thus far has been extremely positive I would appreciate it if you could take the time to contact me at gm@usunsuriphuket.com with your thoughts on how we can enhance things for the children.

If I may politely point out that our pool area does contain a 50cm deep area for paddling and we have a complimentary van service to take our guests to Nai Harn Beach. I must apologise if you were not aware of this and have instructed my staff to fully inform the guests as to its availability.

May I end by saying that we are fully committed to the satisfaction of all our guests therefore if there are any other points you would like to bring to my attention that were not mentioned in your review I would be very grateful for the feedback.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Don't get be wrong this is a great hotel, from the moment we were collected from the airport to when we left we were (majority of the time) happy with our experience but the hotel didn'ty quite warrant a 5/5 rating. Service upon arrival was very good however i do feel that due to the hotel only opening fairly recently they aren't fully up to speed on matters. 1) The sip bar wasn't open, only once we tried to get in were we told it wasn't open despite the website advertising the bar. 2) No mention was made about the 2 4 1 happy our, we stubbled across this - where is the advertising/marketing. 3) One night we waiting 30mins to get a drink at the poolside bar (order submited within 5mins) after 30mins i asked about our drinks and the order had not yet been process - only one bartender during happy hour! (with over 30 guests present). 4) wardrobe door in our room wouldn't close. 5) All information about the hotel/services is via your in room TV - great if the TV works (ours kept re-setting). 6) Wi-Fi good signal across the complex however i had to keep re-logging in after a set amount of time. 7) A lot of steps in the resort and not ideal for the less mobile individauls (no reference made to this). 8) A/C (which is essential) is extemely loud. 9) Breakfast was amazing however the chef/cook needs to be told that eggs benidict should not be grilled!
It might sound like i am being picky however these points coupled prevent be giving a 5/5 rating. The resort looks gresat and the staff are highly attentive, but if you ask a different question rather than the ususal don't expect much of a response. Fully fitted gym with some free classes (again they should market this in rooms), and an instructor present almost all day. Rooms were very well presented however the technology employed is great but inconsistent and more than one socket is needed in each room (i found one spare socket besides that used for the TV). PS if the hotel says the airport is an hour away, i am sure it is without traffic / roadworks. Our prebooked limo (booked via the hotel) arrived 75mins early before we checked in - i was concerned that this was tight and the hotel insistented it was fine. Guess what - we missed our flight to Bangkok!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear scott o,

Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your experience at U Sunsuri Phuket. As with all our Trip Advisor reviews your feedback is greatly appreciated and your comments acted upon where necessary.

I am extremely sorry that there were certain issues with your stay that marred your time with us. Your comments regarding the service at the Pool Bar, the inconsistency with the Eggs Benedict and the information regarding our promotions have been well noted and the issues addressed by my Director of Food and Beverage and Executive Chef.

I would also like to inform you that Sip Bar is now open and fully operational.

The fact that we are on a hillside with a number of steps has been well documented on this website and I must apologise if you were not aware of this fact.

Unfortunately we have no record of you mentioning the problems you experienced with your air conditioning and TV system as we would have immediately relocated you to another room.

One point I was extremely concerned to read was your claim that you missed your flight to Bangkok through being misinformed by my staff. Regarding this I have held a full investigation and would like to present my findings.

Our CCTV records show that you left the hotel with our driver at 10:00 a.m. and the driver reported to me that he delivered you to Phuket Airport at approximately 11:15 a.m. I have already checked with your airline and they informed me that your flight was delayed from 12:15 p.m. until 12:35 p.m. which should have left you ample time to check-in.

Upon further investigation as to what occurred I received an official report from the Ground Service Supervisor at the airport that two passengers under you and your wife’s name checked-in with their tickets, were allocated seats and took the flight to Bangkok.

As this is contrary to what you claim occurred and as you have already contacted me via email over this matter and I replied to you with the result of my investigation and the official report from the airline company in attachment, I am still awaiting your kind response.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

we are staying at this hotel for a few weeks and after 3 days i have to say it is the best hotel for the price i have ever stayed at. the buffet breakfasts are awesome...the rooms are huge and comfortable and the views are gorgeous...the staff is attentive to every detail..i have stayed at the Ritz Hotels over the past 30 years and it is comparable to it in many ways...pools, spa, and beaches are great and clean and it is the quietest place on the island and the best place to see a thailand sunset...we shall see how the rest of our stay goes but so far we are very pleased and looking forward to a relaxing and enjoyable time here...our room #3102 is perfect but if you want the deluxe rooms, they higher up on the cliff and to die for...more expensive but probably worth every cent!...if you come to this island do yourself a favor and stay here...aho!...william

Room Tip: room #3102 is quiet and easy to get to all locations from as this hotel is built on the side of a mountain overlooking the ocean...the sun comes up right in front of the huge balcony with couch and fan...simply gorgeous!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
USP_General_Manager, General Manager at Sunsuri Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear WILLAIM775,

May I begin by sincerely thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at U Sunsuri on Trip Advisor. It is rare that guests post reviews whilst still staying at the resort and therefore I would like to extend you my heartful thanks.

As the newest property in the award-winning chain of international U Hotels and Resorts your feedback is essential in ensuring that we maintain our reputation and high standards of service, comfort and facilities.

It is an absolute pleasure to read that you are enjoying so many aspects of your stay. A lot of thought and planning went into every facet of U Sunsuri and, after receiving the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our guests, I am delighted that our efforts meet with such approval.

I must add that no matter the quality of the “hardware” of a deluxe resort an integral and irreplaceable part of a superlative guest experience is the “software”.

I will pass on your extremely kind words to all my staff as it will only encourage them to continue to offer a perfect and unforgettable stay whilst with us.

May I end by saying that it is delightful to have you with us as our honored guests and I look forward having the opportunity to meet with you in person over breakfast or around the pool.

Please do let me know how we can make your stay even better, my extension number is 6001.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Before I and my wife visit them , I wonder the comment posted by all visitor , is that really good ?? but after our stay , we only can say all commented below are truth !!!
they are really really good , i just wonder this HOTEL will become very famous and hard to get room next time when we want to visit them ...

We spend 2 night at U Sunsuri Hotel to celebrate our Honeymoon and also birthday ,
It was really really nice, the best resort i never stay before .

Their 24Hour concept are really good service and customer minded management,
We check in ard 10pm and we was allowed to check out 10pm , base on thier what time you check in and what time you can check out

For breakfast also whenver and whever you wish , they will fulfill your wish , of course the variety and quality of food are really best .

near by the hotel , ard 10 min you can go to really clear beach and you also can borrow bicycle from hotel , of course free and another nice point is free mineral water when you go out from hotel .

but there is 1 thing that make our trip dissapointed is their SPA , my wife order a 90min massage and 60min facial total 150min treatment but the whole treatment were end within 90min , as we didnt bring out any swatch so we only realise when we finish and saw the clock outside .
and the SPA price comapare to their skill and service are no worth , i hope U Sunsuri management can look into this point to make your Hotel into perfect .

Anyway , thank you so much for make us a really memorable and enjoyed short Holiday
We will definately go back to visit in short future .

Room Tip: Choose Lower Room if so easy access to POOL and Restaurent .
1  Thank KOKCHET N

Dear KOKCHET N,

Tropical Greetings from U Sunsuri Phuket.

May I begin by offering a sincere thanks to you for taking the time to share your experience at U Sunsuri with your fellow Trip Advisor travellers. Your feedback is invaluable in that it allows us to maintain the reputation we have received thus far for our high standards of service and comfort and more importantly shows us in which areas we can enhance our guests’ U experience.

It was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and, as your complete satisfaction is our ultimate aim, would like to address your other comments regarding your time with us.

I must sincerely apologize for your experience at the SPA, unfortunately we do not have a record of you mentioning this as I would have immediately investigated this matter. If you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gm@usunsuriphuket.com and share with me the details of your experience, please.

May I end by saying that all of us at U Sunsuri greatly enjoyed the pleasure of your company and we look forward to being of service once again on your next trip to Phuket.