“Amazing service”
Review of Baan Oui

Baan Oui
Ranked #5 of 15 Nai Harn B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I couldn't be happier with my choice. Clean and comfortable, but far more importantly, the entire staff treated us like family after only a day. One of the finest experiences I have had in all my travels. If you want a quieter slice of Phuket, I would recommend Nai Harn, and if Nai Harn sounds good, Baan Oui is a great spot. Thank you, Oui for helping to make our trip memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ben B

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Fantastic locally owned and run by a savvy couple with great attention to detail. The local lady they have working on reception has lived overseas and can speak great English.
The rooms are very clean and the beds fantastically comfortable with beautifully crisp linen. Spacious western style bathroom with a very roomy separate shower. Very nice balcony overlooking local housing.

In a street with shops ie restaurants, chemist, massage / beauty and a reggae bar 5 mins walk away. Ten minute walk past the lake to the beach.

I wanted a massage one terribly rainy night and the receptionist organised qualified friends (older ladies - very good!) to massage me in my room for 300 baht. I felt terrible when I realised they had ridden 30 mins to get there!!

Another night they dropped me by scooter to what would have been ten mins walk up the road to a particularly good massage place - they didn't want me to walk! By the time I had 2 hours of massage, foot paraffin wax etc it was 10pm. The massage shop owners dropped me back to the guesthouse. Talk about service!!

The owners made merit with the monks every morning who came specifically to their guesthouse (home) to collect many many food sets. We were able to also make merit which was fantastic and ate a local breakfast when we expressed this desire to the owner.

The owners are busy with day jobs so you will only see them very early or late.

I loved staying here as there are so many places to explore and the area is home to many expats - mainly from Germany who have opened some super yummy cafes too. So along with great Thai food - there is great quality European foods.

Always felt extremely safe here and really if you want anything it's just a matter of communicating your requests and they will do anything to help you.

This place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Top floor would be best - at the back.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank ruatraveller
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The hotel is very clean and nice, located a 10-15 min walk from the beautiful beach in Nai Harn (which is quite busy during the high season). Service was absoultely amazing, Oui and her family helped us with everything, they were so friendly and helpful that we didn't want to leave! Highly recommended hotel if you want to stay somewhere peaceful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank VixiD
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I would definitely recommend this guesthouse in the future. My boyfriend and i stayed here for 6 nights altogether and we were treated so so well. The owner is absolutely lovely and speaks great english and was so so helpful with any queries we had. It is about a 10min walk to Nai Harn beach which is a beautiful beach which is not over populated with tourists. Nai Harn is definitly a quieter part of Phuket but its beauty needs to be seen to believe- If you are looking for a party atmosphere, this would NOT be the place to come. This area is probably more suitable to couples and families wanting time out. It is right beside restaurants and shops so it was lovely getting nice fresh baguettes in the morning and enjoying a run around the lake in the evenings.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kathyconway85
Reviewed January 24, 2011

A friend mentioned the name and the owner (Oui), we searched out from I'net and took a quick look. The place is in good location, short for any day trip and no need for car rental. Oui is so kind helping us (who had no plan ahead!) getting the room. With their services, and GOOD prices, we changed our hopping plan and used this place for base instead to travel around. Day time was quiet and calm and night time is convenient for going party. The house was good as it's very new, and we liked its small size - hate tourist groups! So from this trip, we found perfect place to stay and new good friend (thanks, Oui!). We definitely will tell friends about this place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Coconut2000
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We've got all we need here) Clean quiet room, approachable honest stuff. ขอบคุณ ค่ะ))) There is an ATM outside and 2 really nice places to eat tasty food near here: restaurants Tai Lagoon just next door and Italian one holds by signora Renata on the road to the beach (she's a super cook! you do try her homemade tagliolini, tiramisu and panna cotta and all))) . Also we liked the Rangaroon massage salon, not far from the guest-house on the left hand (5 minutes foot walk).
If you want you can buy some fruits close to the NaiHarn beach. There is no 7-11 or other neighbourhood retailer within reasonable time walking and the way to the beach takes about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lera1805
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Baan Oui's Guesthouse on a few occasions during a long stay in Thailand. We absolutley loved it. The location was perfect; just steps to the Lagoon and about a 5-10 minute walk to Naiharn Beach. There are many fantastic restaurants right outside your door, from traditional Thai food to Mexican, to some of the best Italian Food we've ever had. The rooms were spacious, clean, and modern, and the back rooms have private balconies. Free Wifi in the lobby.
We felt more at home here at this guesthouse than anywhere else on our entire trip. The owner is a pure delight; she was incredibly helpful, sincere, warm, and has a fantastic sense of humour! Meeting her has enriched our lives :) The staff are wonderful as well and did everything in their power to make us feel comfortable and welcome.
Breakfast was great, and their coffee is very very good. If you stay here, you will love it - it's well-priced, location is great, and you will most certainly leave with wonderful memories and new life long friends!
* Nee's Restaurant, M&M's Pizza, and Da Vinci's are excellent restaurants :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Karon Beach
Jinta Andaman
Jinta Andaman
#12 of 54 in Kata Beach

Been to Baan Oui? Share your experiences!