Beloved Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$432
Beloved Hotels
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$326
Finest Resorts
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$137
$30
$37
  • Pool
13,609 results
All reviewsmartini barchez isabelleflavor marketlobsterthe grillsol barrooftop terraceour honeymoonmain poolcarolina pazcafe kafeec poolnon ecroom servicefrench restaurantbuilding conciergeswim up room
Reviewed August 16, 2017

This is a bit lengthy, but I wanted to make sure I got everything down to help others make decisions about this resort. My wife and I chose to spend the extra money and get the VIP Club treatment for the first time on any trip that we've ever taken and we're glad we did.

TIP: If you're on the fence about whether to spend the extra for the VIP Club, just do it if you have the money to spend. You won't regret it. Obviously don't break the bank if you can't afford it, but you really will appreciate it if it's in the budget.

The room was luxurious with king bed, wonderful, large shower including a rain feature, sitting area with comfortable couch (we never sat on it though), patio with outdoor lounge/bed, jacuzzi, and plenty of closet space too. The facilities and grounds are meticulously maintained. People were sweeping and cleaning up around the grounds continually. I was surprised to see the grounds crew trimming the hedges and shrubs with machetes, but whatever gets the job done!

There are countless pools for relaxation, but we stayed all day every day on the beach. We flew from Oklahoma to be at the beach so we weren't going to sit in a swimming pool. We wanted the ocean which was at that particular spot at that particular time very calm. Maybe it's always like that. I don't know. But the swells (can't call them waves really) were never more than a foot high unless they were created by a jet ski or boat pulling a parasail. We also liked the fact that everyone there behaved like adults, even the younger folks. We were never "rudely awakened" at night by partiers or "Spring Break" teens and never saw anyone getting out of line.

TIP: If you want one of the lounge 'beds' on the beach rather than a reclining chair, you'll have to plan an early trip down there to make sure you get one. We were there for 4 days and on two of those days I went down at 6:15 and 6:00 am and was too late (Friday and Saturday)... The second two days we had no trouble (Sunday and Monday). I don't know if that's true every week, but it seems like the crowd was just smaller on Sunday and Monday.

Security is tight! There are at least two gates between the main road and the facility with guards in place checking all arrivals and departures. We never were hassled by aggressive locals trying to sell jewelry or anything like that.

The staff was fantastic! We were well taken care of during our entire trip and never had a care. All you have to do is ask the concierge and you'll have anything you need. Because it's all inclusive, my wife asked for a bottle of Jameson in our room and we got a new, unopened bottle. Yum!

TIP: Watch out for iguanas as you're walking around the facility and grounds. They'll either sit and watch you, or scurry away if you get too close, but they creeped out my wife pretty bad on a couple of occasions.

People to watch for when you visit:

Manuel took care of the VIP Club members on the beach with towels and other amenities. He was off on our last day there, so the night before he made sure the restaurant we chose for dinner had a romantic table set up for us. Cesar took over for Manuel the last day of our stay and he was also very good to us.

Julianna took our drink orders all day long while we lounged on the beach. We were never short of something cold to drink. She can also bring food from a small lunch menu, but it takes a little while to get it. Still, she's awesome! Rubi was on duty the day Julianna was off, and she was great too.

We went to the spa and I got a massage from Elena who worked out BIG knots in my calves and shoulders. I felt like a new man afterward. My wife had a spa treatment from Ignacia and said it was everything she expected and more.

TIP: We were there for four and a half days and we spent approximately $300 on tips for everything including our trip from the airport and back, the bell service, maid service, waiters and waitresses, bartenders etc. We felt as though we tipped well without going overboard.

The restaurants were all good, but I have to give the spotlight to Barcelona and Basmati. Barcelona is tapas style dining, and the brisket and shrimp were the two things that jumped out at us. Both were very flavorful, and we couldn't stop eating... Basmati is Indian and I had a spicy curry which lit me up without being too hot, while my wife got something on the cooler side. They also recommended a curry that was in between what we ordered and was very good, though we couldn't eat it all...

The entertainment was fun up to a point. I don't care much for the medleys of Broadway show mega hits all arranged around a live cast with a large format video background. Don't get me wrong, the artists were very good and very talented, but it's really just not my thing. My wife liked it far more than I did. However, I really enjoyed the traditional mariachi band and traditional folk dances that we saw one night. THAT was incredible to watch!

All in all, we had a tremendous time and we decided that if we ever go back to that part of the world, we're spoiled now and can't go to another resort... I'm sure you'll feel pretty much the same way too.

Room Tip: Choose the VIP Club if it's in your budget. Spend the money.
6  Thank kemoszabe
Excellence G, Community Manager at Excellence Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear kemoszabe,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Excellence Playa Mujeres as host of your getaway and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are thrilled in reading your amiable words regarding your experience with us and to know that you got so satisfied with your relaxing experience in our resort. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning the friendly services and the exclusive perks from Excellence Club that made your stay a memorable experience.

We also will ensure that your kind comments reach the eyes and ears of all our staff at the resort. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests!

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another amazing stay.

Please receive our warmest regards from Excellence Family!

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I was very excited about the hotel before arriving because I had read so many good reviews. I told myself don't get too excited because you will be disappointed. On the contrary, excellence exceeded our expectations. The service is impeccable, thanks to Arlen Diaz,and Adrien at the front desk. A special shout out to Emiliano at the beach.
Amazing rooms, excellent food, and clean and spectacular property.
Thank you for making our trip amazing!

2  Thank catcamm
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We spent our Honeymoon at Excellence Playa Mujeres and we are so happy we did! The resort was wonderful from start to finish. We arrived with a glass of champagne waiting for us and that was just the first sign of the excellent service to come. The food was good and it was fun trying the various restaurants. It as nice how generous the resort was with food and drinks. They were not being stingy with portions! We recommend the French restaurant.

We wanted to send a shoutout to our Concierge team and especially to Lucy for being so friendly to us all week and making sure to go above and beyond to make sure we got what we needed/wanted.

We also wanted to thank Hector (the Connecter) for giving us a great bike tour around the property. We liked his humor!

When traveling to a resort, remember a bunch of $1 and $5 (small change). You can give these to the service staff throughout the week -- it is much deserved.

We would recommend the resort to all couples seeking a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Excellence Level rooms - it's worth it
2  Thank Kristin P
Excellence G, Community Manager at Excellence Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Kristin,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Excellence Playa Mujeres as host of your honeymoon celebration and for sharing your experience.

It is gratifying to read your amiable words regarding your stay with us and know that Excellence Playa Mujeres was able to provide you such a memorable experience. Thanks for adding very generous remarks about the excellent services provided that made your stay so enjoyable and please rest sure that your amiable comments will reach the related departments and colleagues. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests.!

We truly hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future for another relaxing getaway.

Receive our warmest regards from Excellence Family!

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Wow, we have just finished a one week holiday and it has been of the highest quality from start to finish. The service is incredible. Staff, after a short time, know your favourite drink and welcome you back by name to restaurants.

The food was mostly fantastic. Highlights included Chez Isabelle, the French restaurant and the daily buffets on the beech.

The party pool was always fun and lively. The evening entertainment was top quality. Micheal Jackson show and the Mexican evening both fabulous.

We had a swim up junior suite (not excellence club) and loved the room! We will be back... An amazing holiday!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We loved this place. Excellent facility, well maintained. Dining options were excellent and all were very good for the most part. The staff was truly outstanding, very friendly and helpful and within in no time they knew your name and remembered your drink order. The location was quite beautiful and as I said earlier the facility and accommodations were outstanding. The spa was great, relaxing and quite enjoyable. We would definitely go back to Excellence again. We were upgraded to a club level swim-up which was outstanding. Our friends were on club level with an ocean view. While they loved the view they were disappointed in the view, so I would definitely recommend going with the club level swim-up. I can't say enough good things about this place. If you are looking to go to a top all-inclusive resort for an enjoyable relaxing get away....this is definitely the place to go.

Room Tip: If you can afford the club level - go with that as long as it is swim-up. Then you can get drink service right at your own patio.