My girlfriend and I spent a week there in early March. The weather was a little cool for the 1st 3 days, but after that it warmed up as the week progressed. As for the hotel, it was exactly what we were looking for, and great value for money. Some headlines:-
Rooms - Had a sea view in block 7 overlooking the hotel next door, and a diagonal view of the sea. We were very happy with this, and it was also on the quiet side of the hotel. You get the sunrise here, so nice and bright in the morning. Standard room, with jacuzzi, bed on balcony, and a lovely king sized bed. Nice bathroom and shower too, but the open plan style might not be to everyone's taste
Service - Bar and poolside service was consistently excellent. Lots of happy faces willing to wish you a good day. We didn't get a room clean on one day, and although this may have been partly down to us using the room either side of a gym visit, this was disappointing. Turn down was missed once too, but pretty minor issue. Restaruant service was on the whole good, with only one or two glitches.
Food - Tried all restaurants bar the tapas. Favourite for me was Chez Izabelle, for my partner La Toscana. Also enjoyed Spice and The Grill. Buffet breakfast was excellent, as was room service version.
Drinks - Was sometimes frustrated not to be able to have wine by the bottle through the trip. First night, we had a bottle of Sav Blanc on ice, able to select from the AI menu. Other nights, the AI page disappeared, and could only order by the glass, which they would top up readily. All very strange. Plenty of beers, spirits and wines to choose from. Cocktail bar in foyer was our favourite.
Pools - very tidy, clean and uncrowded, but the hotel we were told was only 70% full. Found some peace and quiet close to the lazy river section, away from the hustle and bustle of the main pool area. However, bear in mind that the sun starts casting long shadows from 4pm in this area.
Beach - Spent a couple of days here, and more than happy. Clean, with nice beds to lie on. Although windy, it kept you nice and cool. Drinks service here was excellent too.
All in all a great trip, with excellent value for money. Would definitely recommend
PS - Do try the spa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun