“amazing HONEYMOON!!!”

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed May 2, 2014

It has taken me a week to write this review because I am still depressed about leaving! We went to Excellence for our honeymoon upon recommendation from a friend. I was very skeptical about an all inclusive and more importantly the location. I had no desire to go to Cancun. I can't even begin to tell you how incredible this vacation was. Being greeted with champagne and checked into our room inside the excellence club was such a great experience after a long day of travel. I wish that I had written down everyone's name so that I could personally recognize each of them. Our incredible experience began when we walked in the door but the defining moment was when my husband lost his wedding band on the beach the first full day that we were there. The life guard and our beach waiter Julio immediately showed genuine concern and started to help us look for the ring. They called security and they brought a metal detector and searched the beach. Unfortunately, they couldn't find it. We left the beach deeply saddened and went to eat lunch at The Grill (which we did everyday because the shrimp tacos were sooooo good). While having lunch, an exuberent Julio comes running up to us almost screaming, "we found your ring, we found your ring" Turns out that hours after we left, Julio and the lifeguard continued the search and found it buried in the sand. Yes, finding the ring was awesome but their true and sincere excitement was just so sweet! We approached the GM to tell her the story and hope that she knows how grateful we were.

Back to the resort, being all inclusive... I had no expectations for the food to be spectacular. I was wrong! It was so good and the variety is to die for. We had indian, Tai, and the french restaurant was so sweet. They recognized our honeymoon and gave us the private room with which was so pretty and the service again was just amazing!!! We had so many experiences like this that if I kept writing, it would just be more of the same. My husband travels all the time globally and I travel a good deal for my job to some pretty great hotels. This property is gorgeous but the staff is hands down the best we have ever seen. The sincerity leaves you wanting to stay forever.

There was some construction happening while we were there and at times was a little loud but I never had a complaint about it at all. This was addressed on our last night there when the assistant GM found us in the Tapas restaurant (also YUMMY), and extended an offer to make up for the inconvenience of construction- we were BLOWN away and still can't believe it. We truly had no complaints about the costruction at all, we just went to another part of resort or beach! Our room made up for it in the imperial suite with rooftop pool and I will be requesting that same spot next time and next time and next time we go. We plan to go here as much as we possible can. It was that amazing!!!!! Please do yourself a favor and try this if you are considering, I promise you will love it. They will make sure of it!

Room Tip: Make sure you do the excellence club if you can. The rooms are amazing!!!
4  Thank Stephanie F
Write a ReviewReviews (12,696)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have been remiss in not reviewing sooner, as we returned on April 18th, after 9 nights in paradise. This is our 2nd stay @ this hotel and it just gets better and better. We have a group of 8 that travel to the Mayan every year and this is the only hotel that we have stayed @ twice. Everyone agrees that they would gladly go back again. Last year we met a wonderful couple from England and they also returned to this hotel to vacation with us.

Excellence just goes over and above any other place to make the customer feel so welcome.
Every single employee is sincere and more gracious then anywhere else.

The food, the beach everything is "excellent"...........thank you to all of the employees @ Excellence Playa Mujeres.

Room Tip: every room has a view of the lazy river or the ocean, so really you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank holidayme
Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was one of the best vacations I have ever had. Every employee seemed to go out of their way to make your vacation as relaxing as possible. Vilma in concierge helped me set up my room with wine and flowers while I was still in Hawaii. All of the restaurants we ate had have great food. I went for my best friend's wedding and cannot wait to go back many more times in the future! Thank you Excellence for a wonderful vacation!

3  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres from April 15 - April 22. I made sure to read a lot of reviews and really do my research before we booked our honeymoon. But I am soooooo glad we did. Everything was amazing. When we first arrived we were greeted with a cool towel and champaign. We were quickly checked in and a bell boy took our bags up to our room. We were in building 7 room 7158. The room was very clean and very modern. We had a pool view and it was perfect and quiet all the time. We loved to hang out in our balcony at night after attending the nightly shows. But the service was truly excellent. Everywhere you sat, within 5 min someone was asking you if you needed something to drink. The resort has 9 restaurants and my husband ate at all 9. The food was very good. Our least favorite restaurants were the Flavor Market and Spice. Everything else was delicious. I read reviews about the beds being hard but I thought they were pretty comfortable. Our room got cleaned 2x daily and they would even organize our shoes and clothes. The grounds were beautiful and entertainment was great. The beach was pretty awesome. The first few days we were there the beach was pretty clean, and then it rained and the next few days there was a lot of seaweed but they really do their best to clean it as often as possible. For dinner a lot of restaurants have a dress code for dinner so make sure to bring dressy clothes (collared shirts for men and jeans is fine) and females semi casual is fine. They wont let you in otherwise. Bring your own sunblock because it costs an arm and a leg at the resort and you dont have to exchange american dollars to pesos. Everywhere you go they accept American money. Just make sure to bring a lot of singles for tips, tips are not neccessary but they truly do work hard and deserve it. Overall we had a great experience and we cannot wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own sunscreen, it is very expensive at the resort. Bring cooling gel just in case you ge...
5  Thank Lovepink12
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay here. Our room was part of the Excellence Club which made you feel extremely special. The staff there seem like they can't do enough for you especially the staff on the beach. Fidel never let us go thirsty and the others took care of every other need. We highly recommend the place, they know how to do it right. They could teach Sandals a thing or two.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, choose a room that is associated with the Excellence Club
2  Thank mrsric
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My hubby and i vacationed at EPM 2 yrs ago we just planed our next trip there for June 2014 and cant wait. this place is just amazing from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave you are pampered. Food is wonderful chk in is fast and easy Staff is just the best. Please if you cant plan your trip you will be amazed!!!! SEE YOU ALL IN JUNE!!!!!

Room Tip: BOOK Excellence club way worth it!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SOPJP
Reviewed April 30, 2014

You just can't believe the service of all the people that work at EPM
Everyone works so hard to please everyone,and goes beyond what was expected
The resort is beautiful and manicured.We were up at 6:00 a everyday and the staff was already busy setting up the resort wiping down tables, chairs from the morning dew and putting nice big towels on every lounge chair.
The food was much better than expected for a all inclusive and excellent drinks.We got to try many drinks we never have had because we could, no problem
Dinner on the beach was a once in a lifetime dream,a dream no more. Sooo! Romantic
Thanks to all Staff , over the top service
Nike would find us no matter where we at and see what she could do for us. There was nothing left, it was perfect
We will be back for sure.Its hard to explain how nice , You'll just have to go for yourself

2  Thank showboat3155
Le Blanc Spa Resort
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Excellence Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!