“Amazing honeymoon”

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
“Amazing honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at Excellence Playa Mujeres just last week and could not have possibly been happier. Absolutely beautiful, luxurious, plush. I swear we felt like celebrities. From champagne and cool towels right when we got there to members of the staff knowing us by name and giving us big hugs as we left, it was an amazing experience.

Efren at the concierge desk was so incredibly nice and personable. What a sweetheart. The main concierge girl whose desk is right next to his (can't remember her name!) was also amazing. We had a bit of confusion on our first day, and after talking to her about it, she spent the rest of the week going above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we were happy and satisfied. Russell at the bar by the pool (Sol), Alejandro who showed us to our room when we first got there, Carlos who served us breakfast every morning at Toscana.. Every person we dealt with was awesome. Every single employee looked us right in the eyes and said hello every single time we passed any of them. So professional.

Food was all-inclusive resort food, but significantly better than any other resort we have been to. Seafood, sushi, pasta, French, American grill. And the tapas at The Flavor Market - literally 50 different choices and in a beautiful setting. Soo delicious - now I'm craving the shrimp and raw tuna steak bites and cheeses and olive tapenade.

Our room was beautiful - two stories, with a private plunge pool on our balcony. So clean and fancy! I swear they made our bed and restocked the premium liquor in our fridge several times a day!

We were a little overwhelmed a few months ago when we paid for it, but I think we are both totally satisfied with our choice and our trip.

Huge thank you to everyone at Excellence, and a MAJOR shoutout to our incredible travel agent - Wendy Izydorek, at Play Your Way Travel (that woman is a saint). We are happy and will be back!!

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Kait2189

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,051)
  • Korean first
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just got back today! Beautiful resort. Extremely clean grounds. Lush gardens. Beautiful pools. Workers were everywhere, cooking, cleaning, serving and were extremely friendly and helpful. Evening shows entertaining. Beach close to resort and clean. Restaurant selection extensive with great food. I recommend doing the bike tour at the beginning of your vacation, it's gives you a little overview of the resort.

Room Tip: Building #8 lovely. Stay AWAY from construction, I believe it was building #9. If you get an up grad...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Just visited Excellence @ Playa Mujeres and enjoyed a great 10 days (March 31 to April 9) vacation for the following reasons and people most importantly:
1- The resort is huge with over 450 rooms but we never felt the crowd neither any or hardly any waiting time at meal time.
2- The cleanliness of the resort was amazing every where!
3- The number, design and display of pools was really nice and was doing a good job for separating the quiet and party guests.
4- The restaurants were all very good and quality of food and service was very impressive. (only one deception was the Lobster House for the food)
5- It was from far the very best Executive Club experience we had experienced with great dedication and attention to our needs from all the staff in there.
It started very well with our private transportation followed by the super express CheckIn but it never stopped with great support from all concierge staff and special bar service from Jaime for my wife every night. The snacks were all very tasty and the coffee machine very appreciated!
5- These wonderful 10 days where we have been able to relax and enjoy life would not have been possible without the very welcoming and dedicated staff at Excellence. Special mention and thanks to:
A- Christian and the lady at front desk from Chez Isabellle that made 3 of our evenings very magical!
B- Freddy and Yvette at the Toscana Breakfast Buffet that allowed very most of our days starting on a very positive note with their smile and level of dedication:)
C- David(bartender) Sarah(concierge)and Manuel(concierge)that made our moments at the private pool very relaxing and comfortable.
D- Josue and Alfredo at The Grill with their great level of service at the lunch restaurant.
E- Patricia and Leidy at the SPA treated us like kings for 150 minutes with the Humanity package that all of you would like to try. Very relaxing and enjoyable.
F- Finally, special thanks to the animation team for their great job as the shows and music at the central place outside were all very good and well appreciated, day after day! Just one bad note to Adrian that never found the way to give me the right card at the right time every day at the Poker game:) Not sure if it was because I was canadian but anyhow, I got back every day because he was to friendly:)))

Thank you all and the first time, we know we will be back and visit you as it was perfect from beginning to the end!
Patrick and Sandra

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Patrick S
Fleming Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here a few months ago and I am just getting to my review. From the moment we pulled up to the lobby, it was perfect paradise! You will never be bored, will be treated like royalty and everything is posh. Lots of beach activities, bars, music and good food. Staff were all over you to be helpful and kind.

Room Tip: Any are spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank vikkismith2014
Dollar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

The Excellence Playa Mujeres just gets better and better. My wife and I who live in Scotland have recently returned from our 5th consecutive annual 3 weeks holiday there. It is 5 Star + luxury for fine dining, accommodation, amenities, landscaped gardens and superb service from willing and wonderful staff. Violente deo, we will return next year.
David & Liz Nelson

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David N
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

It's taken me a while to write a review, think this is because it's been a massive drop back down to earth and I've missed Excellence Playa so much, have honestly thought about our time there every single day. We spent our 10yr anniversary at Excellence following a recommendation from a couple we know. So we knew how great it was as our friends had raved about it passionately every time we had seen them. It was even better than words could and can describe. We enjoyed every single minute from getting up refreshed in the morning till going to bed relaxed at night.
Everything on our visit was perfect...
Service - outstanding - Special shout out to Gloria at Kafe Kafe - you were lovely
Food - we enjoyed every meal / snack and was treated to a number of special anniversary meals.
Our favourite restaurant was Chez Isabelle. But every other was amazing too.
Drinks - spoilt for choice with what to drink...our fav ended up being the iceberg and frozen strawberry daiquiri with vodka instead of rum!
The drink service round the pools was brilliant, so attentive, we always tipped a dollar when served, but wouldn't have impacted service, next time we will take pesos.
Room service - amazing, some evenings we planned to get dressed up to go out, but ended up so relaxed and chilled after a soak in the jacuzzi we ended up staying in getting the amazing in room food!
The mini bar was also great - always well stocked, we like vodka tonic so left the drinks guy a little note and tip asking for some tonics and when we returned back to the room, tonics there!
Cleaners were brill - always kept the room lovely and tidy (plus the resort!) and the turn down service was a lovely touch, I'll never forget that little glow of light, chilled music and a newsletter telling us about what to expect happening in the resort the next day (discounts on trips, spa, activities, weather etc)
We got a call most days asking how everything was going, if we were having a nice time and where we were thinking of dining in the evening. On a number of occasions this was to surprise us at the restaurant with a decorated table or a special desert.
We took a trip on the catamaran over to Isla mujeres, we booked this prior to arriving via email with the hotel reception, booked dolphin swim separately too, what an excellent day we had. This was the only trip we did, we planned to do more but it felt like a crime to leave the beautiful resort!
So next time, we will go into Cancun etc....
Prob lots more I could say and write, but I'd be here all day long.
In a nutshell this was the most perfect holiday as a couple we have been on and I would recommend this to anyone who would / will listen to me!
I now know why they say "welcome home" when you arrive, because it feels like home and you'll want to come back - and we are in 2015!
Thank you Excellence Playa Mujeres!,,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank danny4681
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

From the moment the doors to the reception opened, the perfect holiday emerged. The manager greeted all the just arrived guests with "welcome to Paradise" and she was not lying!!.

I have never stayed at an all-inclusive before, nor have I done a resort holiday (I am a bit hyper and need to rush around), but this holiday showed me a whole new way of looking at holidays!
Being greeted on arrival with champagne kicked started a fabulous week of great food, fun entertainment, amazing pools and phenomenal treatment.
I tried everything from the ceramic painting to ping-pong to scuba diving. I ate in most of the different restaurants and drank in a few of the bars and it was all excellent.

I had read reviews before deciding on this hotel, and it was all as good as everyone else said. I don't usually want to go back to a place I have been before, but this place is extremely special and I hope I can…. No, I will go back some day!!

I think that the hotel also has the perfect staff, friendly and helpful and super efficient but not over-bearing or intrusive in any way. I am sorry I can't remember everyone's name but Vilma at the main concierge was really fantastic, she organised all my requests perfectly, gave good advice and was always available to help. Angel at Kafe Kafe, nothing was too much trouble even though you can see he is so busy, and always with a smile…he even remembered what drinks I liked :)
And Ismael at breakfast, thank you for being so welcoming and thoughtful.

This was also the best spa treatment experience I have ever had! A massage followed by hydrotherapy…absolute bliss.

I could not have chosen a better room and I will request that one again WHEN i go back, in building 7.

I think the only thing left to say is, if you're trying to find the place, look no further, this is it!!! Perfect for a wedding, honeymoon or special occasion!!!

THANK YOU!!!!! To all at Excellence for the best holiday ever!!!!

Room Tip: I had a swim up suite in building 7. Perfect and centrally located but you can hear the music from K...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#5 of 181 in Cancun
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,252 reviews
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Excellence Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!