After going to a Sandals Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica last yr. & getting the shaft; we researched Excellance, Playa Mujures, Mexico for months on Trip Advisor. We went Feb.16-20th of 2014.
Overall we enjoyed our trip. The property & rooms are very very nice...it's one of the NICEST we've ever been to. We've been to several in Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Sandals in Jamaica, & it's the best of all of them.
One of our biggest negative was the Excellance Club that we paid extra for. We had Conciege on our floor & all over the property. Ours was nice but we'd ask her to make a reservation or something..she'd tell us we had to do it. So really having to do the tasks ourselves made us wonder WHY we paid extra for this service!
The beach does have seaweed, but we knew that from Trip Advisors Reviews, that wasn't a big deal. The pools are very nice.
Another negative was hardly ever getting waited on poolside or the beach, if you wanted something to drink. Usually you have to go get it yourself. Other resorts do a better job at this.
Restaurants: Breakfast & lunches at the Toscana are good. I was disappointed in the Lobster House. This was main reason we went. Granted, Carribbean Lobster is different from Maine Lobster...but mine was mushy & fishy tasting.
Room service food not very good. Had about THE worst Tortilla Soup I've ever tasted... & I'm in Mexico!!! Another night we ordered a burger & fries from room service, the bun on burger was stale & French Fries were cold & hard.
Ate at Mexican restaurant one night. Our waiter hardly said a word & I had to ask if they had dessert. I had fajitas & were awful, my husband had a fish dish, he said it was good. I have a Mexican Sister-in-law since I was 9 yrs old & she cooks Mexican Great!! So I know good Mexican food.. This was the WORST Mexican food I've had..outside of Taco Bell! And I was in Mexico!!!
The Japanese restaurant was O.K...I could eat it, but not the quality we have here in States.
Our favorite restaurant was The Barcelona. The entire staff was great! Our waiter was Alli (his nickname), very friendly & took great care of us!!!
The entertainment & theatre it was held in is THE best we've ever seen in any resort!!!! Las Vegas Style costumes. Some of the shows were so good..you'd sit there with your mouth open in disbelief...so good!
Armando, the Manager at Toscana does a great job with his staff & he's very friendly & smiling. Our two favorite servers who took good care of us there were Efrain & Lizeth. Both very friendly & sweet!
Also, Marlene at the front desk was very helpful & friendly, helping us call our Transfers to pick us up to leave. Again...our Concierge wouldn't do this for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun