“It Just Gets Better!”

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was our second trip to Excellence Playa Mujeres and I must say we were not disappointed. It all starts the moment you arrive to the last minute you depart. You are treated like royalty and waited on hand and foot 24 hours a day! The accommodations are world class and your room is a touch above anything else we have ever stayed at. We have met delightful couple after couple of others vacationing there. Making fast friends and having great days and evenings is all part of the magic! However, I must say the best thing is the entertainment staff! I would personally like to call out a few of them for making our stay special. Starting with the Chief of Entertainment Adrain. He really knows how to make each guest feel special and is willing to have a conversation with you at any time about anything you like. The programs he sets up daily for the guests are a ton of fun and not to be missed. I love the sports including pool volleyball, water polo, and beach soccer. While my wife loves the Latin Dance lessons. This brings me to the next person I want to give special thanks to on the entertainment staff, Edwin. He went out of his was to spend extra time dancing with my wife throughout our stay. It was brilliant and made her feel very special. Finally I would like to thank Fernandina and Ariel on the entertainment staff. The best part of it all was going back for a second time and seeing many of the same staff members. You can tell they must love their job, which really makes you fell good about the place.

Incase I have not been clear all I can say is GO!!! Don't wait book as soon as you can and get down there for some fun in the sun! We are already planning our trip back there again next year. Come join us in early October 2014, we would love to meet you!

The Litz's

Room Tip: If you book the most basic room request to be in building 7-B. It's close to all the action yet...
6  Thank Jdlitz
Write a ReviewReviews (12,506)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We spent a bit of time researching hotels in the area and we were delighted with our choice. Everything about the resort is high end, from the themed restaurants to the private jacuzzi on every balcony. The staff cater to every need, every few minutes they pass by at pool/beach and see would you like anything to drink. The room service menu is plentiful but each restaurant is worth the visit. We never had to wait for a table throughout the hotel and it was at 90% occupancy.

Room Tip: No need to choose the swim up suite as you get more privacy on higher floors
1  Thank thedcman
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As a trainer and consultant to the service industry, I am a student of service and was on the lookout for anything subpar whether it be the overall service aspects, the food, the property, the room or anything else I could find. I was on a mission and I was not to be denied! Unfortunately, I am rather disappointed as my list of recommendations was woefully short, as in ONE suggestion. I feel so inadequate. So, first, the negative: the hot tubs sprinkled across the property should be......wait for it........hot! They are not heated and when it got overcast and a little on the chilly side you could see numerous couples dip their toes and then keep on walking. If heated, they would have served as a great socializing circle and numerous more relationships could have been established. So there. That's my report. Of course, like almost all the other reviewers I could share the wonderful aspects of our week-long trip such as the outstanding service whether on the beach, at the pool, in the Café Kafe, at the bars, at the restaurants, room service, etc. Or, I could gush on about the cleanliness of the rooms, the great layout and upscale materials, the in-room hot tub, the great balcony and beautiful view. Or I could prattle on about the great restaurants with a plethora of choices, great overall experience, and wonderful service. But I won't bore with you with all of this as I would only be rather redundant and parroting what other visitors are saying. Just suffice it to say that even though my expectations were very high and we were also there to scout for a location for one of my business groups of 40 people for next October, we will definitely be going back again and will be bringing our business group, our adult children and anyone else we can talk into going with us.

Okay, just a couple of examples of the service that we so enjoyed: we relocated from the beach to one of the pools and here comes Fidel with a nice, ice-cold iceberg (Margarita and beer, sounds kind of gross, but a very nice and refreshing drink) just for little, old me. How did he know I'd left, where I'd gone (very large resort), and what I wanted to drink? Say whaaaat? Or, while on the beach, the General Manager, Virginia, with high heels and all, comes over to say hello to us using our names from a chance meeting the day before. What the........? Enough said? Enjoy your stay and we'll be back next October.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 8A, third floor. I consider that one of the best rooms in the place. Excelle...
3  Thank Brett C
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Excellence from 9/13-9/17 for our anniversary. This resort is amazing. I researched and read reviews for months before I made reservations and was elated to find that it was as beautiful and EXCELLENT as the reviews said. From the moment you walk in to the time you leave you are surrounded by people who want to do nothing but make your trip fabulous! We always joked that there is no way that the employees could be that happy all the time...but we never had an experience to prove us wrong! We had an Excellence Club RRT. We decided to splurge since it was our anniversary. To me, Excellence Club is kind of redundant since everything is Excellent anyway. We ate at the Grill, Lobster House, Agave and Chez Isabelle. They were all fantastic. The food was amazing and service was great! I did see a few reviews where people compained about the food and I can not imaging that those people are happy anywhere! The best night of all was sitting outside listenting to live music at CafeKafe. The singer that night, Claudia Trevino, was AMAZING! My husband is not a fan of most female artists but we listened to her all night and were both very sad when her set was over. All I can say is...DO NOT HESITATE...book this resort! It is everything you can imagine and more!

Room Tip: We were in bldg 7, right on the corner overlooking CafeKafe and the theater. You could hear the ent...
2  Thank Missy C
Reviewed September 23, 2013

OUTSTANDING,OUTSTANDING,OUTSTANDING,When you walk thru the doors your blown away,the staff is the best,the food fantastic great variety,the view awesome,the pools unbelievable,all your needs taken care of. Honeymoon,Anniversary,or just want get away from it all this is the place.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms by the spa on ground level walk out back door and your in the lazy river to chill...
2  Thank bear2150
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed at the Excellence from the 8th September 2013 for 14 nights, can honestly say even though we had days of rain the holiday was fantastic, enjoyed meeting a wide range of guests. Food, drink, staff, layout well eveything we thought was exactly as we wanted, took my mother with us she is 72 (sorry mum) as she was treated as royality, but the staff they could not do enough for all of us all they wanted was for you to enjoy yourself, Virginia the hotel manager was unbeliveable greeted you as if she had known you for years, our waitress around the CafeKafe pool, words cannot describe the level of service this girl gave to her job, Juliana thank you you are the best keep some Modella Negra cold for me I will be back, try all the restaurants you dont have to like all of them but they are great, top quality food and enough for you to enjoy without piggin out. Thank you to all the staff at the hotel you all are fantastic. If you like golf like me give the course a go great test worth a try even if a little expensive. Overall top quality holiday worth more than 1 visit.

1  Thank ANTONY J
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Fantastic in every way!!! We just cannot say enough great about this place. Best advice - just GO!!! The resort is breathtaking - the staff is better than any RItz hotel - the rooms are beautiful and so grand - and the food and drink top notch! We loved the fun activities and the event staff - Addie and others - they will do whatever it takes to make sure you are having a great time!!! loved this vacation and we are already planning a return trip!! When you go join in the events and go to the evening entertainment shows and try all the restaurants and make every night start at the Martini bar!!! THIS IS the best place we have traveled to just unwind and relax!! WOW!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 177 in Cancun
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa
Secrets Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa Resort
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Excellence Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!