“The Absolute BEST all -inclusive resort!! A home away from home!”

Excellence Playa Mujeres
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Mujeres
elyria
“The Absolute BEST all -inclusive resort!! A home away from home!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is our 4th time at Excellence in playa Mujeres!! We have already booked our fifth visit for december!!! The staff at this resort are EXCELLENT!!! They make u feel at home! There is nothing they wont do for u ...I want to take a minute & thank Virginia; Eric ; Daniela & Alexander & Javier(waiter in barcelona at breakfast)& also Edurado at the pool swim up bar...U all are WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! We thank u from the bottom of our hearts; u made our vacation wonderful!
We will always chose thie resort over any other ; the staff; management ; the food & restaurants & rooms along with the landscaping & pools can not be comparable to any other resort in that area.
If you are looking for a beautiful resort rooms; pools; restaurants & wonderful staff that caters to your every need & management that makes u feel at home this is your RESORT!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The roof top room is awesome!!
3 Thank joale1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,142)
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Orlando, FL
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Spotless rooms, nicely landscaped grounds, very good customer service and good food/drink. This is what you will get at Excellence Playa Mujeres and really that is all they promise.

With respect to anyone who complains about this resort I have to assume one of two things-
1. an anomaly occurred (bad service/bad food or just a random bad event)
or
2. the guest has unreasonable expectations for an all-inclusive under $1000 per night.

While I haven't stayed at many all-inclusive resorts, this property compares very favorably with Secrets Maroma Beach. In fact, the properties are similar and the only real difference is location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bnbbiz
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We went to EPM for our honeymoon and we were impressed with the place as soon as we arrived on the property. The pictures on Tripadvisor or other sites do not do justice to how great the grounds look. The service from beginning to end was incredible, but we want to highlight a few people that deserve our thanks for making our time at EPM that much better:
- Elias and Fernanda for the best entertainment we have experienced anywhere - they work very hard all day long and never cease to have fun and energize their guests with their smiles and positive attitudes, whether it's water or beach voleyball, ping-pong, spanish classes or other fun games they have planned. We wanted to take few day trips, but the thought of not playing water voleyball for one day was enough to make us change our plans
- Ruben for the fantastic job he did cleaning our room daily
The food and drinks are outstanding. We tried the Lobster Grill for most nights, Chez isabelle, barcelona and spice. There are restaurants which we did not try. We recommend Toscana for breakfast and lunch.
Overall, my wife and I had an amazing honeymoon at EPM and we will certainly be back, and plan to visitother Excellence properties in the region.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Watervolleyballfan
Nashville
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was my second time at EPM and it was just as good if not better than the first. My husband and I first visited EPM for our honeymoon in April of 2012 and I went back over Labor Day weekend 2013 with my sister-in-law for a quick four night holiday weekend getaway.

As expected I was welcomed with a wonderful glass of champagne and quickly helped at the front desk. To my surprise I was able to check in even though I arrived fairly early (1:30). The room was perfect, just as I remembered. For all of you who have never visited you really can't go wrong with whatever room choice you pick, although they may have different amenities - like swim out, or rooftop, or Club Level - all the rooms with the exception of the Honeymoon and President's suites are set up exactly the same and they all have balconies with a table and chairs and a lounge bed.

This place really does have something for everyone. The layout of the resort is a little spread out meaning you there is lots to explore and plenty of areas for privacy if you like it quiet and secluded while on vacation. However, there are plenty of active areas too. We spent most of our time near the main "fun" pool where people like to meet each other and get a few drinks at the pool bar, the volleyball pool where we played pool volleyball, and the volleyball court on the beach where there are organized games at 11 and 3. Once again a big shout out to the Activities staff who made our trip the best it could be - Addiel, Elias, Edwin and Fernadina (pretty sure I messed up her name - sorry).

Evenings are great at EPM as well. It's nice to mingle with others at the Martini Bar or Cafe Kafe outside in the courtyard. And the food is great. I highly recommend Flavor Market - it's all so good but the shrimp risotto and tenderloin are to die for. We also really enjoyed Basmati and Chez Isabelle. I like Chez Isabelle so much I ordered both the Sea Bass and the Filet! We heard others raving about Spice, but weren't able to make it there before we left. We enjoyed catching a couple of shows in the theater, but our favorite just like last time was Gustavo de la Cruz on the patio.

Bottom line - the staff are AMAZING they all - and I mean all - are so nice and accommodating. They want you to have the time of your life and you will. The resort itself is outstanding very well decorated and great food and drinks. Top shelf alcohol is on display, but you have to request it to get it instead of the well - just like at a regular bar. I'm an activities person and if you are as well you will not get bored. The staff are engaging and will keep you busy. If you are not, there are plenty of quiet secluded areas to relax in.

Tips - I like to use a sound masking app on my phone while sleeping. It helps with any "hotel noise" you may hear like room service or people adjusting furniture. Also, be prepared with shoes besides cheap flip flops or slick high heels in case of rain. The resort floor is almost all smooth tile and it can get very slick where you would need shoes with a decent grip. TIP, TIP, TIP!!!!!! These people deserve it. You are not required to tip and you will not get treated badly if you don't, but the service is just so good, it really is nice to show your appreciation. We usually tipped a couple of bucks for most things like baggage handlers, drinks, breakfast/lunch service, etc., and around $10 for dinner service. Most of all, enjoy your stay you can't go wrong with EPM!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank AllSmiles411
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I just returned from out first trip to EPM and we were treated like royalty! We have been traveling all over Mexico for the last 20 years and this is by far the best all inclusive in Mexico. We were hooked on Secrets Maroma which is also a wonderful resort but the rooms and property at EPM are way above. If you go definitely spend the extra for the Excellence Club it is well worth it! They were constantly bringing goodies to our room plates of cheeses and chocolates different kinds of bubbly and wines that we like. Reservations were made for the French restaurant in a private room with private waiters with champagne flowers etc.it was incredible! All the restaurants are wonderful we did not have a bad meal not one day. We were in building 9 and if you can get in it I would highly recommend it it is quiet and all you see and hear is the ocean and beautiful sunrises and sunsets! Room service is prompt and the maid service was even excellent chocolates and little Mexico trinkets were left nightly with cookies etc! The spa is beautiful and not crazy over priced! I would like to give a huge thank you to two of the Excellent Club ladies Rubi and Delel who went over the top to make our stay 5-Star! If I said I liked certain wine or treat just in passing it was delivered to us that evening as a surprise they found out what restaurant we were having dinner that evening and called ahead so when we arrived we had a special table or presentation or dessert waiting for us. These young ladies are the ALL STARS of EPM! We cannot say enough about this resort but promise we are going back next year and bringing friends with us!! Thanks again EPM for a beautiful vacation!!

Room Tip: Ask for building 8 or 9 for the best ocean views and quiet areas! you will have to pay a little xtra...
1 Thank Peggyshoeshop
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I felt like a celebrity the moment I arrived , its all about you and nothing is too much trouble .
had the best time ever .
The food was fab, 9 restaurants to choose from and all worth visiting.
This hotel ticks every box and would go back as many times as my purse will let me.

Room Tip: swim up rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sue k
East meadow
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The resort was beautiful. The rooms were better than I could have imagined. What really made the difference was the employees. They were all so helpful, pleasant and genuinely happy. No one ever said no. The food was good - not great. But I've never been more relaxed on a vacation. Would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Was in room 9166. It was incredible. The second floor had a round bed overlooking the pool bar (it c...
4 Thank Denise D
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
Hyatt Zilara Cancun
#6 of 175 in Cancun
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun

Been to Excellence Playa Mujeres? Share your experiences!