My husband and I have just returned from our 4th holiday with the Excellence Group staying at Excellence Playa Mujeres, Cancun. I have previously written an excellent report for this hotel and am happy to say that once again they excelled. We were there again for our anniversary in August having married there in 2009, so as in previous years we were treated to a very special two weeks, with lots of lovely treats and wonderful service.
Accommodation - We upgraded to the Excellence club which in my opinion is worth the money. We stayed in block 8, and were given the room we requested. As always the maid service was efficient and the little touches at 'turn down' in the evening were very welcomed. Our room was spotless everyday.
Restaurants - Our favourite was by far Chez Isabelle, faultless service overseen by the wonderful manager Pedro who treated us like VIP's. I understand there is a new chef there and this was reflected in the amazing food, always cooked to perfection. We did have a one disappointing experience at the Barcelona, and this was highlighted in a customer service questionnaire. Needless to say this was dealt with very expediently and professionally. We also recommend Spice, the food is gorgeous and the ambience amazing.
Amenities - The hotel is immaculate and the grounds are beautifully kept, spotlessly clean, and very picturesque. The entertainment was very good, we saw the Madonna tribute for the first time this year and is was really very good. Every evening there is something different to look forward to.
Beach - as we had upgraded to the ex club, there is a section of the beach for members. The staff at the beach work tirelessly everyday, nothing is too much trouble. For us there are a few worthy of mention... Marianna, Carolina, Fidel, Maria, Manuel.... thank you so much for all your hard work. We truly felt very spoilt. Poolside... Aidan always smiling and working hard. the pools are beautiful, clean and tested everyday. We spent most days at the beach so did not have any issues with lack of pool floats as mentioned in some reviews.
Mosquitoes - pesky things, we did seem to notice them more this year and I had some nasty bites, that said the grounds are sprayed regularly, so take protection.
Shops - A gift shop, jewellery, perfume are there, but pricey. If coming from Uk make sure you bring stuff like paracetamol if needed, 13 US dollars for a packet!
Concierge and management - thank you Enrique and Henri for all your attention, and of course to Daniela Parra Guest Service Manager who excelled in her role.
So were there any negatives? Honestly not for me. I love this hotel, the staff truly work so hard, and never fail to impress me with their smiles and politeness. Thank you so much Excellence and see you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun