First of all- opting for the "excellence club" is a must! A little extra cost, but so worth it!
My husband and I travel once a year for a vacation without our kids. Sometimes with adult family or friends. This particular trip was for our cousin's 40th b-day, and our anniversary. This was our first time at an "adults only" resort. It was so quiet, and serene. Sure there is the loud music, and party atmosphere at the main pools, but if you're not into that, you can escape to the other pools, or to the beautiful beach.
The service from minute one was amazing. Staff was very attentive and accommodating.
The rooms were very clean. If you like a soft bed, you will need to ask for the pillow top, and they will add it to your bed. Room service and concierge were very timely and professional.
The mini bar in the room was well stocked, and you can request special beverages/ alcohol to your liking.
The views from the balcony are amazing (with oceanfront 3rd floor and up), as well as the view from your jacuzzi bath ( fold away glass doors). The room is a great setting for a romantic getaway.
The showers are huge, the only complaint is that the water temp in the shower does not maintain the temp you set.
The food is all very good. There are so many choices between all of the restaurants, and unlike other all inclusive resorts we've been to, there was never a wait, and no reservations needed.
The pools are refreshing and CLEAN, as are the bars.
The beach is beyond beautiful. White, powder soft sand that is sifted daily of the little seaweed that can accumulate.... But it IS a beach people... Seaweed is expected. There are a few large areas that are netted off for those of you who don't want the little fish and sealife to join you in your swim :)
If you are thinking about adding some relaxation to your relaxation- the spa is a must! The aqua wellness experience comes with the "excellence club" at no additional cost. This can be done daily! Unfortunately, we found this out a day before we left otherwise it would have been a daily ritual.
I could go on and on about how wonderful our time was at The Excellence at Playa Mujeres. Bottom line is that it is every bit of the 5 stars, and when we go back to Cancun, we will be staying at this amazing resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun