We travelled to EPM for 1 week during Canadian March Break. The drive from the airport was approx 30 minutes and stress free. Upon arrival we were greeted immediately and offered cool towels a champagne drink. Check in was easy and timely. Our room was a 2 story suite with a rooftop plunge pool which we enjoyed. Also on the roof we two large and comfortable beds that we lounged on in the morning and before dinner. The mini bar was well stocked and after mentioning to the attendant that I enjoyed Victoria beer - it appeared within an hour. We slept soundly every night on the comfortable bed and we used the hot tub several times also. The patio ( not roof top) was great for room service which we ordered several times. The AC worked perfect in our room and the shower was had several heads and was huge. The toilet room did make it a bit awkward at times however its probably not something your significant other hasnt heard before. :-)
We ate at every restaurant except the French. My favorite was the Mexican ( open air and several different brands of teuqila). What we found perfect was ordering two appteizers to shaer and a meal each followed by dessert each. The portions were small and tasty so we didnt really feel stuffed after. There was different theme everyday on the beach and i over indulged on Taco festival day. I have read the odd review that speaks poorly of the food however i can't imagine what restaurants those people normally eat at when home. I was impressed and treated like a KIng at every restaurant.
The nightly shows are presented in a huge semi open theatre that offers comfortable chairs and waiter service. The casino night/magic/comedy show was our favorite but we also checked out Madonna and MJ. The bands playing after/before dinner at the Cafe ( kind of the outside gathering place for the evening were entertaining and of great variety).
We arranged a day trip to Isla Mujeres through Aqua World. There was snorkelling ( suitable for any level of swimmer - tons of fish to see), golf cart tour of the island ( fiarly commericalized but very interesting to see how people live) and a stop at downtown Isla. This is a shopping district simliar to Playa so expect to be harassed a bit by shop keepers. We also did the morning bike tour from the tennis courts ( 9 am I think). This took approx 1 hour 15 mins and we pedalled to the Playa Mujeres golf course ( to see the crocodiles) and the course and clubhouse. There was also a stop to see some parrots and there is another big croc here. There is Texas Hold Em poker game at 4 oclock in the games room but be there early as it often fills up ( I played as a break from the beach). I swam in the ocean ever day although it was windy all week and very rough.
In summary we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at EPM and would return for sure. The food, service, atmopshere and accomodations were perfect for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun