Excellence Playa Mujeres
$544
$476
$418
Bookit.com
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$420
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$172
  • Pool
$439
$429
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$249
  • Room Service
$37
TripAdvisor
13,128 results
All reviewsmartini barchez isabelleflavor marketlobsterthe grillsol barrooftop terracemain poolour honeymooncafe kafecarolina pazec poolnon ecroom servicebuilding conciergefrench restaurantswim up room
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Gorgeous, spacious rooms. The grounds were so well cared for and the pools extremely clean.
Rooms service was decent, took about 40 minutes no matter when we ordered. All the staff were very pleasant and I never felt like they were waiting for a tip.
The food was above average, but didn't blow me away. Great variety and selection though.
My cons would be that the beds were super firm and there were sheer curtains in the rooms so it was really bright in the room by 6 AM. We did have to call twice to get the mini fridge re-filled for the day, but no big deal, they were there within 5 minutes.
The shower in the room was amazing with 2 shower heads but definitely no privacy with the toilet.
Overall I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fligirl013
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We upgraded to the Excellence Club and it is worth every penny. The service is incredible. They make you feel very special. You never have to wait for anything and everyone is very friendly and they want to take good care of you. There are private pools for the Excellence Club and private beach area and bars. The resort is very beautiful and the food at all the places we ate was fantastic. It was the best resort food that we've had and we've been to all-inclusive resorts every year for the past 7 years in alot of different places.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Excellence Club. It's worth the cost.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peggy N
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me start by saying that we have traveled once to EC and this is our second visit to EPM. We traveled, for the first time, in October--13-18. The weather was spectacular! This trip was special for us because we were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and my husband's 50th birthday. It was also a special trip because we realized that we loved this resort so much that anything we didn't get a chance do, or wanted to do again, we would simply catch "next time". This was a very relaxed trip because we were not there the first time, nor for the last time.
We have never requested a room in building 9 before. I always thought it was so "far" away. Lucky for us, management knew better and (knowing about our celebrations) put us in a spectacular room--room 9357. We could watch the sunrise(if we were up), and watch the sunset over the jungle. The room was spotless; our requests (no alcohol, bed topper) we already met and the room was fresh smelling and cold from the AC. Let me say that housekeeping was exceptional this trip, as was the gentleman who provided beverages and cookies (extra Oreos everyday per our request!).
We had a private (EC Club) pool for the building and the young lady and young man who helped at the pool desk were delightful, helpful (thanks for the chlorophyll water) and gracious. No one ever asked for tips. In fact, I was told, "it is part of my job and I enjoy it"!
The GM, Virginia Amador made us feel like we were family members arriving at the "family summer home". I do not mean to gush about management, but I have to say I believe this is the best I have seen it. Either her people love and respect her, or fear her (haha), but either way Virgina has these folks really excited about working at Excellence. The very few times we had to ask for something (towels were needed at the bar near the spa several days-), it was quickly corrected.
We got great service from everyone we encountered, starting with the minute we walked in and spoke with Gonzolo at the front desk. He actually was genuinely concerned about our happiness! I love him for that! Luis at the front was also very involved with all the patrons, and again, really wanted everyone to be happy.
The restaurants and bars were all a pleasant surprise. I had heard that the food had taken an upswing, but it really was a considerable turn for the better. We adored the lunch buffet (and we are not buffet people!). The fresh, grilled to order fish was a daily staple for me. I would ask that the Flavor Market be a bit more consistent, but was really great overall--Luis was wonderful to us each time. Some other restaurant and bar staff worth mentioning: George at the Grill--Fabulous! Caesar at the Cafe Bar--always cheerful and knowledgeable! Anna, the hostess at the Grill and Lobster House--so very pleasant! Marco at the Lobster House made our night so enjoyable! Raul at the Revive bar always took great care of us with a smile on his face! Raul also took excellent care of our needs when we were at our favorite place, the "Casitas" across from the spa. I know I have no complaints, but these are the ones that stood out.
We of course had to do the spa. We were so consumed with doing nothing, that we only made it to the spa once. Nayelli, the spa manager was fantastic as always. My husband was fortunate enough to have her do his massage. I had Dulce, who was wonderful as well. I failed to get the names of the young man and young lady that helped us during our hydro therapy, but they were very, very attentive. The humum and the steam room were not working when we were there, that was a disappointment. But again, the good service helped!
A special thanks to all who had a part in making this trip so special. We cannot wait til spring...when we return! (anyone with specific questions, please feel free to message me).

Room Tip: First time we have ever stayed in building 9....best location so far (higher building)...jungle and ocean views.
2  Thank BambiWolcott
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent our honeymoon at Excellene the week of October 7, 2012. It was a great experience and trip. Resort staff go above and beyond to make sure you are having the best possible trip. Cool washcloth on arrival with champagne! Food was great, from the breakfast, room service, lunch, etc. Room's are clean and well kept. Service is above and beyond! Pool staff to wait staff to maid service all great. No complaints at all!

5  Thank Khook1
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Most of the reviews for this resort tell it all: this resort is aptly named Excellence for a reason. My review will focus on likes and observations as a 40+ couple, first time at an AI, first time at EPM, who enjoy having fun but are not party animals. Let me say that my husband and I LOVED this resort and had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing time at EPM and are already planing to return next year. Here's some tips/observations we gained from our 8 days. All room recommendations based on non-EC buildings.
Rooms: If you want a quiet room, request a room in buildings 1-7 ( located around the lazy river) or 7b You may still get evening music, but it is not loud and all ends a 11:00.
We stayed in room 7318 in building 7b it had a bit of an ocean view, but just okay. I think I would have preferred lazy river view from building 1-7 and will request this next time. I think I may also spring for the swim out next time. The other non-EC buildings are close to or around the main pool which is loud during the day between music from speakers / swim up bar. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, but the beds are a bit hard. I only used room service to order morning pot of coffee ( place your order the night before and tell them to put it in the Xbox) and I used this as our "wake up" call then I heard them put it in the Xbox. I think we would have used room service more if we had a swim up to order lunch.
- Pools: All the pools at EPM are beautiful, nicely kept with plenty of towels available (as many as you want). Pool chairs/lounge chairs are comfortable, nicely padded and with plenty of shade.
Lazy River/Spa Pool: Hubby and I started and ended the day here. This was the quiet area and it was nice to float/swim/walk the current that would keep you circling the spa if you let it. This area also had the Revive bar, which you could get smoothies and juices all day. Plenty of pool drink service as well for alcohol/non-alcohol drinks. This area also had 4-5 private cabanas ( first come/first serve) that had a nice shaded "outdoor" living room with 2 lounge chairs that seem to be great for socializing. There were also 3 canopy lounge beds: great way to end the day at the pool. There is a covered outdoor game room in this section on the grounds with a pool table, ping pong and Foosball. There is a small pool behind building 7b, we did not use it but it seem to be a very quiet, private pool for use by all guest.
Main Pool: Great middle of the day/after lunch area: Pizza at the Sol Bar was delicious. Swim up bar was fun place to hang out for a hour or two, people watch, socialize and taste new fun drinks. It can get rowdy as this is where the "under 30" crowd hangs, but it was fun with pool-side games.
Beach: We love being able to swim in a nice warm ocean ( being from Oregon, our coast is too cold) so we spent a few hours each day at the beach. Sea grass did not bother us at all. Make sure you try the Grill Buffet hut that is beach side for lunch. Best days: Tuesday was BBQ ribs/chicken/steak day and Wed. was fish day: Both were exceptionally yummy!!
-Activities we did:
- Hobby Cats (sailboats). Just ask the water-sport guys for a lesson (free) , they will take you out and show you how to use it. It's a blast!
-Bike tour: We did the morning tour and had a fun tour with Jenny and 6 other guest. She took us out of the resort and down the road long the golf course and stopped to give us a bit of history of the area and agave plant. Stopped and climbed on one of the towers by one of the security gates for a wonderful view of the marina/ocean and surrounding area.
-Restaurants: We were able to sample almost all the restaurants in some fashion or another and we did not have a bad dish/meal the whole time were were there. Portions are small, so don't be afraid to order 3-4 appetizers and 3 or so entrees to share. Our favorites:
-Spice, which we went to twice. Once we sat at the sushi bar and had the best sushi ever. Fresh, flavorful and it was fun watching the sushi chef create. Second time we sat at a table and had more sushi and hot dishes: Triple Spicy Duck was fantastic!!
-Basmati had wonderful flavors and good spices in their Tiki Masala dishes
-Chez Isabelle for desert and cheese plate: c'est magnifique!
We also enjoyed lunch at The Grill a few days: Chicken wrap and steak sandwich was very tasty and beef was tender.
-Bars: All the bars and bartenders were great, drinks we liked:
Martini bar: Espresso martini and Lemon drop, CafeKafe: Cafe Kafe bended drink. Swim up: anything blended, especially the 3 layer drinks. We mostly would point and say, we will try that one. Be sure to ask for top shelf brand when placing your order or they will automatically use the cheaper stuff. For example my husband asked for all his vodka drinks with Absolute. We enjoyed sitting in the outdoor plaza by CafeKafe in the evening for pre and post dinner drinks and music. The "shows" are up to you. We enjoyed the Mike Jackson, Madonna and the Circus shows. Take them for what it is worth. This is not Vegas , but the entertainers work hard to give you a good show and the open theater has very comfortable seats, and great drink service. On Friday night they had Mexican fiesta night in the plaza with big buffet, excellent mariachi band and the Mayan fire show. This was a fun and entertaining night and I wish they had had more "sociable" nights like this as it made it a bit easier to meet other guest.
-Grounds: The grounds of EPM are lush and extremely well kept. Take some time and walk around and enjoy the various art work and art gardens. The metal sculptures in and around the grounds and gardens very artistic and truly add to the overall luxurious feel of this resort. You go through 3 security gates to get to this resort and even the beach is pretty secluded from the other resorts in the area. We never felt unsafe and never felt we couldn't leave our stuff at our pool or beach chairs even to take an hour to go have lunch on the beach or at The Grill. The resort is large enough that you don't feel crowded (main pool is the exception) but not so big that it is hard to get around. There are very nice walking paths within the resort for to work off all the yummy food you will be eating. So all and all we highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to get a way and have a wonderful relaxing time and do as little or as much as you are in the mood for.

Room Tip: Only dofile:///home/tripadvisor/Desktop/dean.jpg wnside to stay was the hard beds, but I read you can ask for a topper.
6  Thank Dyanne G