My husband and I were at this resort four years ago when it first opened and absolutely loved it! Two years ago, we returned to the Cancun area to another supposed five star all inclusive and were very disappointed. We could not wait to return to the Excellence Playa Mujeres, this time with another couple, and now that we are home, we cannot wait to go back! We were there from October 25-30. Most of the reviews are spot on. The service, staff, accommodations and food are superb. Our first time we were in building 7 and had a great view of the pools and ocean. This time we had a swim-out room in building 6, and it was just as nice. The rooms themselves were identical. Those who do not upgrade to the Excellence Club will not be disappointed because the ammenities are first class in every room. I would however, recommend buildings, 5 and 6. Sometimes, depending on the capacity, the hotel will upgrade you to building 7 without being part of the Excellence Club, but if that does not happen, there is no need to be disappointed! - If you have an issue with the pillows or anything in the room for that matter, just call the front desk and they will remedy the situation immediately.
We ate at Barcelona, Agave, The Flavor Market (twice) and Chez Isabelle. ALL were excellent. The portions may be smaller than what you're used to, but after a huge buffet breakfast and a big lunch, the size is perfect. You even have room for dessert! - The Flavor Market was a favorite because of the variety of tasting plates. They were wonderful!
Please remember that there IS a dress code at night for the restaurants. After being in a bathing suit all day, it's nice to dress up for dinner. -
The beach does have soft seaweed that is cleaned every day. The only thing negative that I would say about the seaweed is that it was the only thing standing in the way of a picture perfect pristine view of the sand and surf. We walked on the beach every day and loved it.
As you have read, there are many pools. The pool bar is the most social, and it's great fun to meet people from around the world. (Vince, it was lovely to see you and your wife again!) - The lazy river is a great place to unwind in the afternoon to take a break from the commotion. - This trip found us there with three wedding parties. Some of the members of one of the groups thought they were at a Spring Break hotel. Fortunately, they were asked to tone it down.
Kudos to all the people at the Excellence for making us feel welcome. "Mi Casa es su casa" should be their motto, because we will never forget their warmth and desire to accommodate our every need. We cannot wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun