My husband and I had a wonderful one-week vacation at Excellence Playa Mujeres in June 2012. We have already stayed at Excellence Punta Cana twice in the past but this was our first visit to Playa Mujeres. Even though we did enjoy our vacations at EPC, we felt that EPM was newer and more modern and we really liked the feel of it.
We thoroughly enjoyed the food and ate twice at Spice, Agave & Chez Isabelle and once at The Grill (all for dinner). We either ate at the buffet or ordered room service for breakfast and both options were really good. We really enjoyed ordering food and being able to sit on our balcony with the amazing view of the ocean. We were in building 8b and enjoyed the location as we could easily walk down to get chairs by the Excellence Pool behind the building. Andrea, our Excellence Club attendant, treated us like a king & queen and always checked on us throughout the day to see if there was anything we needed. Adan, the bartender at Cielo, knew our drinks after the first day and continued to serve them to us, even when we were in the pool! He was always checking on us and making sure we were filled with alcohol!
Some notable waiters were Carlos at Agave. His timing was excellent and he was a very nice guy (along with refilling our chips & guacamole). We returned to Agave a second time and requested to sit in his section, and, again, enjoyed his service. We also really liked Orlando at The Grill. When we told him we were from the New York area, he kept singing New York, New York to us for the rest of the night. We had lots of laughs with him.
During the day, we stayed by the pool and did have some of the freshly-made pizzas by the main pool, which we thought were very good. Some days, we just ordered some light items from Adan at Cielo to hold us over to dinner after eating a late and big breakfast. At night, after dinner, we saw some of the shows...enjoyed the Michael Jackson and the fire show - we plan to try to see more shows next year. We then usually sat at the Martini bar and enjoyed the bartenders there.
We also had great service before we arrived as I had contacted Rubi from the concierge desk with some questions and she was so helpful to us before and during our stay. She was truly a pleasure to deal with. All in all, from housekeeping to drink service to meal service, everyone was EXCELLENT!
We got on the plane home and had already decided we would be coming back! We haven't changed our minds as we just booked 9 nights in May/June of next year! We can't wait to return!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun