My boyfriend and I traveled to EPM in April of 2011 and all in all, found it a fantastic all adult, all inclusive resort. Food and drink are very important to us when traveling so when going all-inclusive, it's often a crap shoot. Minus our first morning experience with room service (we didn't know of the breakfast buffet and I had ordered the Eggs Benedict and it was grossly inedible) the food was really good! We had dinner at all restaurants except Basmati and Toscana and had good experiences, especially at Chez Isabelle where we ordered the tasting menu and it was delicious!! My favorite by far was the ceviche served at Lobster House - healthy and tasty - a GREAT lunch! Breakfast buffet was full of options and the coffee was delicious!
We were in building 6 which overlooked the spa/lazy river and 'Revive' bar. It was okay - obviously who wouldn't want a view of the sea when going on vacation but sometimes you can't get everything, right? :-)
We spent most of our time around the back lazy river - the front pool was often too loud/too much going on, so it was nice to have the option in the back that was very relaxing. We tried to lay out a couple of times at the beach but it was quite windy. So we'd spend the day at the pool and then an hour or two in the late afternoon on the beach so we could have our toes in the sand!
I've heard the "Excellence Club" isn't 'worth' it and we didn't choose it last time or this - but it sounds like you get some key perks. If you have the extra money, I'd spend it for the experience to be super pampered!
When trying to decide where to go on this vacation (and it's my 40th birthday!!) I spent a ton more time researching spots and you just can't beat this resort especially if you're able to get direct flights in/out of Cancun. In 4 hours, we'll leave cold New England and be in the sun! Can't beat it!
See you soon, EPM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun