My husband & I went to the Playa Mujeres for New Years week. Everything here was magnificent.
We were completely blown away by how incredible the entire experience was. The rooms are gorgeous - a balcony with a full-size bed on it, big room with own in-room Jacuzzis by the balcony.
The service (the cleaning stuff, the pool service, the waiters) was friendly and outstanding. Elena host from Toscana restaurant was the darling girl with a beautiful smile.
The food was absolutely fantastic, little small portion in the restaurant but unbelievable tasty, beautiful presentation, big selection. Everything was very fresh and tasty. Only, the waiting time for food in the restaurants à la carte was much too long (about 30 minutes between appetizer and entre). The breakfast and lunch buffet was amazing; you can eat there almost anything you dream of. They have ice cream machine next to the Cafe Kafe so you can eat ice cream whole day.
The pool was gorgeous and there were plenty of different areas around, Jacuzzi, lazy river, plenty lunch chairs and towels.
The beach was great, large, and clean with very good service. Plenty chairs, towels, books, beach grill. Nice and quiet. The beach long so you can walk for miles.
The best thing for me was the music in the resort. Music was a discreet, quiet, does not interfere in the talks, in relaxation.
The service was the absolute best I've ever experienced (better than Sandals). Everyone who works there seems genuinely happy to be there, can't do enough to make your stay better, and all go above and beyond expectations to make your stay enjoyable.
The night show in the beautifully theater are amazing, don't miss them.
The New Year’s Eve party was very good. Start with cocktail hours, follow by sit down dinner (for everyone), after the dinner was party in the theater with live music and plenty champagne and New Year’s Eve gadgets. If you do not want to go for party you have room service. All restaurant are close this evening.
Do not expect Wi-Fi there. They have computers in business center but connection in other places.
But this is vacation who cares.
I recommend this place to everyone its perfect!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury adults-only resort nestled among seven swimming pools on a powdery white sand beach, in a community that boasts a spectacular Greg Norman signature golf course. This jewel of Cancun sets a new standard of luxury for all-inclusives with finely tuned amenities such as one-of-a-kind accommodations including two-story rooftop terrace suites with a private Plunge pool, meticulous service, gourmet cuisine, an exquisite spa and the signature Excellence Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Playa Mujeres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Hotel Playa Mujeres
- Playa Mujeres Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Playa Mujeres Cancun