Excellence Playa Mujeres
$640
$608
Beloved Hotels
Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$494
$463
Bookit.com
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$146
  • Pool
$480
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$263
  • Room Service
$43
$31
12,960 results
All reviewsmartini barchez isabelleflavor marketlobsterthe grillsol barrooftop terracemain poolour honeymooncafe kafecarolina pazec poolnon ecroom servicebuilding conciergefrench restaurantswim up room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2011

From the moment we arrived we were treated with the utmost hospitality. Our Concierge, Felix was amazing. He was extremely attentive and made sure we were always happy. We will never forget him or his constant smile. Our room was meticulous at all times. The flowers, the daily fruit and pastries were always fresh. The service was consistently top shelf and the hard working staff always had a smile which was contagious for sure. If anything needed attention, all we needed to do was mention it and it was taken care of. The pools were always tended to and the grounds amazingly kept. Our favorite restaurant for dinner was Spice and Chez Isabelle. Buffet breakfast at Toscana has an extremely huge array of choices for all and delicious as well. Entertainment was fun at times, the live music always enjoyable, and my favorite show was the “Michael Jackson” entertainer. I honestly felt like Michael was actually there. The Excellence Club experience is a no brainer. We loved having a mini bar in our room. Anything we ate or drank was always refilled each day. The private pool, beach area, and the private lounge were all very special. Thanks to everyone for making our Honeymoon/Vacation a wonderful experience.

5  Thank Jerrysgirl1010
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I visited Excellence Playa Mujeres over the Thanksgiving holiday, after hearing wonderful things about the resort from my husbands brother. He had won a trip through a work that allowed him to stay there and had nothing but great things to say about this hotel. It was everything we had hoped for, if not more. The service was the best we've ever received at any hotel and more importantly it seemed genuine. This is not your typical all-inclusive.. there are several 5 start restaurants throughout the hotel and a variety to choose from. (French, Mexican, Tapas, etc.) The hotel structure and surroundings are absolutely beautiful. I loved the fact that the hotel wasn't in the middle of a busy tourist area, in fact there was a long road you had to drive down to get to the hotel with several security check points and massive gates leading into the hotel. Upon our arrival, we were greeted at the hotel with a lovely glass of champaign (such a nice way to start off our trip!). Each room had it's own jacuzzi tub and you could open the doors to get fresh air and feel like your outside.) The spa was my absolute favorite part of this entire trip. I"ve been to many hotel spas from the Ritz Carlton to Mandarin Oriental and this spa surpassed them all! They had an indoor/outdoor pool with water treatments that you could do before your spa treatment. The beach is a little small compared to what you would find on the main strip of Cancun, however with all the things to do around the hotel this didn't matter to us. We went kayaking one day right from the hotel and took a a cab to the ferry that takes you to Isla Mujeres and cruised around on a golf cart one day. Our overall experience was awesome!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jklew4
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I'll apologize in advance for the length of this review, but we had a wonderful time and I just want to share all my thoughts!

My husband and I returned home from Excellence on Friday, July 1, after a one week stay. It was our 5th trip to an Excellence resort (2 at ERC and 3 at EPM), and although the weather was stormy the first 2 1/2 days, the resort was as wonderful as last year. We chose to upgrade to the Excellence Club level, as we did last year, since we enjoy the added services and the quiet EC pool and beach. Our room, 8351, had a lovely view of the north side of the resort and the ocean. Even though we were repeat guests, we were not offered an upgrade to a roof top terrace, nor did we expect one. We did receive a shirt, hat, and beach bag, which were welcome perks. Also, Sandra from the Excellence Club called us, and sought us out at the pool, to welcome us "home" again, and expressed management's gratitude for our continued business. It was a personal reminder of how the resort cares for its guests.

We tried all the restaurants for dinner except Barcelona and the Grill. All our meals were very tasty, and Basmati was a new experience for us, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Dinner service at the Flavor Market was a bit spotty, but we attributed that to the fact that several restaurants were closed because of weather and the Mexican buffet, resulting in many guests choosing to eat indoors. Otherwise, service at lunch and dinner was top notch. We ate most of our lunches at the Grill, and the last few days we were there, the person who seated us remembered our names and our drink order. Impressive! We only ordered room service for breakfast one day, and were told it would be about 40 minutes. But it arrived in only 15 minutes and was hot and delicious.

Bar service was very good, with the exception of one server at the Martini Bar, who, frankly, was a bit rude when he said Cointreau was not available and would not mix a drink I requested because it was not on the menu. However, he was the exception rather than the rule. Anything we asked for at all the other bars was made, including the Caipirniha made with Licor 43 instead of rum.

We didn't use the Spa this year, didn't take the bicycle tour, and did not do any off-resort excursions. We simply used the time to relax and recharge our batteries since we both have very stressful jobs. My husband took the yoga classes throughout the day, and we did do the Wine Tasting. We learned quite a lot about Mexican wines, and the sommelier was delightful. Evenings were spent in the Cigar Bar, where Rosario, who remembered us from last year, was very attentive, and then strolling the grounds or listening to the music at Cafe Kafe. We only visited the X-Lounge once, unfortunately, but the service there was very good and the view, as always, was amazing.

Overall, the resort continues to maintain its high level of service, and continues to employ talented, caring people. I'll be sending an email directly to the resort to praise specific employees, including Rafael, EC pool and beach concierge and Sandra from the Excellence Club Lounge, and others. We met some lovely couples, one from Rhode Island, one from New Jersey, two from New York, and one from Texas, two of whom were repeat guests. And my husband did meet the famous Flip Flop Man, although he didn't know it!

To sum this up, we will return, as the Excellence Group has exceeded our expectations for the last 5 years.

2  Thank jacksmomMidwest
Reviewed July 3, 2011

This is why room service is so slow!!!!

My wife and I stayed at the Excellence in Punta Cana and were impressed with the exception of a few minor issues. We heard from other guests that the newer location at Playa Mujeres was even nicer. We travel quite a bit, so we thought we would try it. The room was first class, the pools rated highly, but as the day went on, things fell apart. Room service was slow. The lobster at The Lobster House smelled like dirty dish water and tasted terrible. We found some other food. Then we went to the dance club with new friends we met celebrating a wedding. The large group which we were included wanted to drink a few shots of liquor and propose a toast. The shots were poured the size of about a third of a usual shot. The female bar supervisor was reluctant to allow the bartender to pour us a second for another toast in celebration of the wedding. We were not drunk, obnoxious or loud. We paid for "all-inclusive"; that was understood to be the drinks also. Maybe they should change your website to say "alcohol is limited to two small shots"? Very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lovin_the_South
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Have just returned after a 2 week holiday. We travelled from the UK with First Choice who were good (apart from the rubbish films on the plane) and Alan the rep was great. We had a direct transfer from the airport with 4 other guests

We have previously stayed at ERC and EPC so had high expectations for EPM which were largely met

We preferred the rooms and general style at EPM. Bars and restaurants were very similar, our favourites were Basmati, Spice and Chez Isabelle however I was slightly disappointed with the food at Agave and the service at Barcelona was the only time the service wasn't first class. We preferred the beaches at ERC/EPC. The shows were a bit more low key here and in particular we noticed the Michael Jackson show had far fewer dancers than at the other 2. The live music outside was good but a bit loud sometimes if you were talking.

One aspect of the hotel which really stood out for us were the staff - they were so helpful. My husband asked for a specific drink at Cafe Revive which they didnt have, this was not a problem and he drank something else. The next day the barman came over and he let my husband know that he now had the drink for him! Very impressed. On another occasion, my husband fell over on the wet floor (there was a lot of rain!) and hurt his back. We didnt report this to the hotel as we weren't blaming them but did happen to mention it to our rep. The next day the guest services manager, Mariana, came to our room to ask how my husband was and if we needed anything. She offered free hydrotherapy sessions to help his back and one day we returned to the room to find cheese and wine waiting for us! She was so helpful and it was very sad saying goodbye to her.

Spa was lovely, a bit pricey but a nice treat on holiday.

We did have a security issue which we raised with the hotel, I won't go into details as I dont think it was representative of the hotel however they took the issue seriously and addressed the problem as best they could.

The clientele was mainly American with a smattering of fellow Brits. We met some lovely guests including a number of TA members and the infamous FlipFlop Man!!

The hotel was so lovely and relaxing that we hardly ventured anywhere apart from 1 shopping trip to Plaza Americas. We did the bike tour one day which was fun - take your camera as you go up into the tower at the entrance to the complex and get some great views.

I would certainly recommend this hotel and as with all the Excellence hotels, I would not hesitate in returning.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

7  Thank Maudvilla