4,696 results
All reviewsbite barone bedroom suitevilla groupcar ferrytime sharefast ferryzama restaurantall inclusive packagemurphy bedall inclusive planfull kitchenferry to isla mujereswasher dryerper devicetimeshare presentationsushihammock on the balcony
Reviewed October 15, 2017

Third time to Villa Palmar. Love it! Beautiful property and excellent service. Get the all-inclusive package, it is worth every dollar. Fabulous restaurants, several bars. Bring your family or friends and have a wonderful time. The colors, ambiance, everything is a treat. If you like to lay at the pool, look for Otikio, he is a fantastic Pool Attendant. I also recommend Rodrigo at the concierge desk, although everyone is friendly and helpful. Spa is a little pricy, but it is world class, truly amazing experience. I also enjoyed that the property is removed from the hotel zone. Feels remote and a true get away.

Room Tip: Construction on south side, ask for room on the north side.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank willkevi
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear willkevi,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Palmar Cancun and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Otikio pool butler and the team members you mentioned.

On behalf of our Villa del Palmar Cancun team, we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 14, 2017

I stayed at this resort for 13 days, in a 1BDR on the all-inclusive plan.

Food. Between the breakfast buffet at Caprichos and room service, I never felt like I was eating the same thing for breakfast. Lunch at Zama's at the pool restaurant/pool side - was tasty, from salads, ceviche, tacos and the yummy wood fired pizzas. La Casona steakhouse is really popular and that is because the steaks are excellent. Normally I stick to fish when near a beach, but La Casona's is worth breaking that rule. Zama's also offers a dinner menu, different from the lunch menu - both menus have very creative tequila cocktails. Speaking of tequila - Ivan hosts a really informative and fun tequila tasting at Zama's during the day. Try it out - there is more than Jose Cuervo! Hiroshi's offers creative and standard Japanese options. I really enjoyed the Mexican Roll and the Tuna Crackers.

Spa. Loved the spa. I had an 80 minute Ts'aak massage that incorporated various massage methods - hot stones, deep tissue and pressure points. On another day, William (the best!) was my therapist for a 2.5 hour Mayan Ritual that included body exfoliation, body wrap, facial, and massage - it was the best treatment I can recall ever having. Addy also gave me a deluxe spa pedicure - she took her time to make my beach feet get ready to return to the city. I could have spent every day at the spa, but I spent most at the beach/pool. Poolside massages are also offered at a special price each day.

Beach/Pool. The beach has calm enough water for kayaking and SUP. Both were really fun activities to try out. The wait staff is really attentive and quick to make sure you are taken care of while watching the waves. Victor and the swing set beach bar makes the best ultimate margaritas - get one from him when you go! At the pool I was waiting on by Pedro every single day and every single day he greeted me with a smile. He knew me by name, made sure I was never, thirsty or hungry. He along with the pool concierge made sure I had a lounge chair, towels, and an umbrella. The activities director offered pool and beach volleyball, aqua zumba/aerobics most days. My only complaint would be that the hot tubs could have been hotter but if so others might have complained too hot - for me though they could have been warmer. From the resort you can take the ferry to Isla Mujeres to enjoy a different beach, massages, restaurants, and checking out a new island.

October Wellness. There were fun offerings to include morning boot camp classes, healthy cooking classes, specialty dinners, yoga, meditation and the pool classes.

Obviously I had an overall great experience. It never ceases to amaze me in the USA great customer service is hard to find, but after being at this resort 13 days and seeing the same people working 7+ hour shifts each day I still received the best service. No one was grumpy or agitated that you were bothering them to help unlike in the states. One time there was a shower issue, but a plumber was sent up and it was fixed immediately.

The only other cons I experienced was the day a guy from Alabama who weighed over 300 pounds and got super drunk and got in a fight with people at the pool. He even hit on his own GF who was trying to calm him down. The other people with him could not get him under control and he was so out of control that his two teenage sons were crying out of fear of their own father. Hotel security restrained him while the police were called. As part of this guy's rage he hit an old man and sent him to the hospital. The drunk guy kept screaming "I spent $8,000 and this is how I get treated!" Any violent person should not be allowed at any resort and this resort did the right thing by having him and his family removed from the resort property, so other guests could enjoy their vacations without interruption from the likes of the kind of guy that gets so drunk and belligerent that he cannot be controlled. He said he was a dentist but the derogatory comments this guy was screaming surely wouldn't have come from a dentist's mouth as dentists should have clean mouths not dirty ones. Anyway, other than the raging bull, the only other con was what I mentioned about the hot tubs needing to be warmer.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better floors and the ones in the center have beach views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank kesava2017
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear kesava2017,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar Cancun and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests’ satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar Cancun to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

This place is great overall! Beautiful lobby, rooms, pools, and spa! We were coerced into a 90 minute vacation rental presentation but was rewarded with a spa discount and excursion discounts. Maintenance was a little slow to respond when we needed the batteries in our safe replaced. Drinks and food were great though!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura S

Dear Laura S,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn’t go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

People go above and beyond to help you and to make your stay even better. The resort is beautiful and far enough away from the main hotel zone. The food was also very good and the pools were magnificent.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 936marizaa

Dear 936marizaa,

Reviewed October 12, 2017

All the staff were really nice and professional. Food and drink were great.We came in for a sales pitch. We were impressed with all the options to choose from, but at the moment we said no to the Rep. Lois her attitude shifted and she became agitated. We told her a few times we didn't want to commit to anything. Ok so she escorts us downstairs and never spoke a word to us in the elevator. She walked way ahead of us in a fast pace to lead us to another person to offer us another price (a lot lower). So why not offer lower prices from the get go instead of wasting our time which is so deceitful. Other than that we had a nice time.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lawana L

Dear Lawana L,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.