Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$326
Finest Resorts
Beloved Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$432
$30
$37
  • Pool
4,640 results
All reviewsbite barone bedroom suitevilla groupcar ferrytime sharefast ferryzama restaurantall inclusive packagemurphy bedall inclusive planferry to isla mujeresfull kitchenwasher dryerper devicetimeshare presentationsushihammock on the balcony
Reviewed August 13, 2017

We stayed here 10 days, in a one bedroom and a studio. We own(ed) a timeshare there (Villa group, we converted to a point system with the Tafer group on this trip) we were finally taking advantage of.

The good: Beautiful rooms with huge tub and a nice size deck, excellent service, very friendly staff, beautiful views, great beach, great pools and the restaurants we tried (Davino, Capachio, Japanese) were all very good, we especially loved Davino. We really hope to return in a couple years and save our points to get the 2 bedroom penthouse suite which we got to see... the terrace was amazing. We booked, very simply, two tours through travel agency at the resort. Whale shark and Mayan ruin tours. They were easy and well worth the money. Spa was nice and massage was great.

The not-as-good: The shop is minimal. The resort is a bit far away from any in-town amenities, so make sure you stock up on any food you might want to make on your own (if your room has a kitchen like our 1 bedroom did). There will be, like with any timeshare/membership type resort, a sales pitch (they call it a membership meeting) if you elect to listen to it for the discount card (15-25% off most things from spa to shop) and some other perks. Be warned, if you never sat through a timeshare/membership pitch: it's a hard sell. Very hard sell. If you don't want to spend an hour (or two) saying no a dozen times or have a difficult time saying no to things and can't afford it, don't do it. There was major construction going on just adjacent to the resort (a new Tafer group even fancier resort... but it would be hard to get much fancier :). That made a lot of noise, but luckily the only time we really heard it was walking to the lobby (rooms face the other way) and it's supposed to be done by next year.

Definitely worth it (not exactly a 5, but a 4.5) for a relaxing time

Room Tip: Higher floors to the north are quietest
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Juan G, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Treylathe

On behalf of all of us at Villa del Palmar Cancún Resort & Spa, we want to thank you for the wonderful comments you posted. We are honored and thrilled that we were able to contribute to your well-being and enjoyment of your well-earned vacation.

Your kind words inspire and energize us to strive for better every day. We truly appreciate your recognition and we look forward to welcoming you back to “su casa” Villa del Palmar Cancún Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or for assistance with your next reservation.

Gabriel U. Galicia

Reviewed August 13, 2017

First of all, this is a gorgeous resort. Just as stunning as the pictures on their website. When we arrived from the airport, we were greeted with cold washcloths and virgin strawberry daiquiris. Great first impression. Since we arrived on a Saturday afternoon, they were very busy checking everyone in, so we were not bombarded at that time by the sales managers. I travelled and stayed in a suite with my son and my parents. I look much younger than my age, so I was not approached for the timeshare presentation. However, my poor parents were multiple times. They went to one presentation, which they were told would only take one hour. Three hours later, they were still being held hostage (my mother's exact words regarding the experience). both of my parents report that strong alcoholic drinks were served free of charge before the presentation started, and my mother said they were so strong, neither of my parents could drink them. Anyway, long story short, they repeatedly told the sales people that they were not interested in purchasing a time share, but were continually harassed that day, and I watched them get approached on other days. So, the best days of the family vacation were when we left the resort. The cost of the food at the resort is very expensive, so if you plan to drink alcohol and sodas, it is worth it to purchase the all-inclusive plan. If you are not a big drinker and do not drink sodas daily, it is not worth it, you can get by on food and purchasing big bottles of water at their convenience store for much cheaper. Pros: beautiful resort, very nice location outside of Cancun. Taxis available always to take you to Cancun. Next to ferry to Isla Mujeres, can walk to it. Zama restaurant at the resort had delicious food, definitely eat there if you stay here!! The staff were amazing, so helpful. Just stay away from the managers and all the ladies in heels, lots of make-up and black dresses, they'll try to corner you to get you to buy a timeshare ;) Very comfortable and spacious suite, loved the hammock on the balcony and the amazing view. Cons other than the whole timeshare and expensive food, wifi is an additional $10 per day, their "on-demand" movies are for you to rent ($12 and up in American dollars per movie)

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank marialuvstotravel
Juan G, Director General at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Maria C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and for trusting us with your vacation.

I am sorry that we did not provide the experience that you and your family expected. It is very important for us to know the areas that we need to improve. You may rest assured that your comments about Rest prices will be taken into consideration and we will act in a timely manner to prevent this from happening again.

Please contact me directly when planning to stay with us again so that I may help you with your reservation. It would be an honor to have the opportunity to host you again and show you the improvements we have made.

Kind regards,

Villa del Palmar Cancun

Reviewed August 12, 2017

Great bed, a/c, spacious and luxurious room chock full of creature comforts. Amazing pool...clean and relaxing. The food is delicious from each of the restaurants. I am a coffee lover, and their brew was top-notch! Authentic Mexican spicy and flavorful meals!

Room Tip: Poolside is always my favorite as I love to swim
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bruce S

Dear Bruce S

Gabriela U. Galicia

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We stayed for 3 three nights for a quick beach getaway and was not disappointed by the upscale hotel. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was the beach. I will never stay at this resort because of the poor beach. I was totally bummed.

Pros:
(1) Resort is lush and beautiful
(2) Modern bedrooms (mattresses were the best I have had at any hotel/resort)- they spent lots of money decorating buildings, restaurants, light fixtures, plant potters. Hotel lobby bathroom had Bidet, no paper towels, only washcloths. Anyone would wish for bedrooms and baths that looked like the ones at the resort (very classy)
(3) Great customer service from the time we entered (received drink), quick check in, staff was pleasant. Anybody that complains most likely treated the staff like servants, did not smile, and thought they should be treated as Kings and Queens. As long as you treat others with respect it will be returned. We made sure and brought lots of singles to tip the staff as they work very hard to keep the environment clean and assist us with our needs. I appreciate the hard work on behalf of my pleasure.

Pools (5 totals)- Our servers and pool boys were outstanding. Made sure that you needs were met. Our pool staff was so gracious (wiped our sun glasses from chlorine pool buildup, plenty of towels, made sure our towels were laid out at all times. Loved our 'Pool Boy' who did his job with pleasure.
(4) Staff was not pushy in selling timeshare or other services (one initial greeting by concierge and note under door). No phone calls or constant harassment.
(5) Great restaurants (only ate at the Japanese and Italian (2x). Pizza was fantastic. All portions were reasonable, not oversized.
(6) Great family atmosphere - laid back, quiet, mature atmosphere. No Spring Breakers Here... If you are looking for party hotel, seek other accommodations. Most of guests were families, and more mature crowd. Did not have to worry about guests running up and down hallway (drunk), or large parties in room. I went there to specifically de-escalate from a high stressful job and it was perfect.

Cons:
(1) 30 minutes from airport. Resort wanted $100 roundtrip with multiple guests. We found HAPPY SHUTTLE -CANCUN. RT Cost was $60, private van. I made reservations at 11pm at night via the internet and they were waiting for us at the designated time the next day. When traveling we only hire private drivers or private transportation, private tours as they cater to our needs only and not on schedule.
(2) 20 minutes from South Cancun (i.e.. Hotel strip), where the nice beaches are located, all hotels, bars, people are located.
(3) Entertainment is limited (Jazz in lobby was nice)
(4) Poor Beach. I was highly disappointed that the beach was full of debris (not a lot, just enough to turn you off) and tons of seaweed (they had back ho removing the seaweed). I was highly disappointed (pictures were deceiving) because I love the beach and seek out Caribbean beaches at least twice a year. I also paid to be on the beach and ending up taking the ferry to the Isla of Mujeres (we spent the day). Matter of fact we should of stayed there. It is a small island, lots of bars and touristy things to do and the beautiful beach (rented two chairs and umbrella for $20). If you love the beach, stay on the South Side or a couple of days on the little island.
(5) Construction - Our room was on the side of the construction. As long as you were up by 8am and do not go back prior to 6pm you were not disturbed by the noise in your room. I was not bothered by the construction during the day and it did not inhibit activities (did not hear any noise). Business must be booming as they are building new buildings on campus.
(6) Bath tub had unusual shape and was so fancy, it was impractical if you have children to bathe or bad knees. The tub was extremely high (came up to my knees) and made it difficult to get in and out. Half of the tub had glass enclosure and the other half of tub was open.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank trinigyal2014

Dear trinigyal2014

Gabriel U. Galicia

Reviewed August 11, 2017

By far the nicest resort I've ever stayed at. To start off the activities staff was awesome! JJ, Luis, Janet, and Rodrigo were so awesome our whole trip. They were constantly interactive and always trying to get us to join in the next activity! From cooking classes, to water zumba, making bracelets, salsa dancing, and best of all? Beach volleyball with the staff and other people staying at the resort. I participated in 2 cooking classes with my family; one with Chef Kumav, and the other with Chef Tellez. Both were delicious and fun recipes and my family got to enjoy something out of our comfort zone.
The restaurants in the hotel were very nice. For breakfast you have the buffet, and it is such a great selection of food for the morning.You have your usual bar and grill spot for during the day with great sandwiches, ceviche, and drinks. And during the day if you are lucky enough to have pool service with Otikio, you will not be disappointed! And for dinner you have a bunch of options; but the 2 best places in the resort are Zama right in the middle and Davino's. Both have different takes on food; Zama is very culturally cooked food and Davino's is handmade italian. Again, both very delicious and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle section of the buildings for an amazing view of the resort and the beach!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family