4,696 results
All reviewsbite barone bedroom suitevilla groupcar ferrytime sharefast ferryzama restaurantall inclusive packagemurphy bedall inclusive planfull kitchenferry to isla mujereswasher dryerper devicetimeshare presentationsushihammock on the balcony
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Very lovely lay out of this resort. As members we were surprised that we paid more to enjoy the all inclusive than anybody else we met there. The rooms were spacious and the view was great. The rooms smelled musty and damp. We did get moved to king bed room after letting them know we were members. We were caught in a time share presentation that took up our whole morning. The fellow who took us to breakfast( that we had already paid for)
offered us discounts ( we could have got with our Gold card),assured us of his personal attention to some of our concerns,never appeared again during our stay. Loved the nightly entertainment and enjoyed the Cuban band that played during the day. Missed a swim up bar but we enjoyed the swing bar. Drinks were lovely colors but watered down. We booked a charter through resort to visit Isla Meyeres. We enjoyed the island and the golf cart to tour the island. Lots of construction and the noise that goes along with that. The beach was nice, well groomed but water was dirty and weedy. Warnings to stay off beach at night. Disappointed with no internet in rooms and huge costs for local calls.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Melody M
Hotel_Administration, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for having take the time to write a review on our property. We have implemented a response system where each of the comments will be answered within 48 hours.

We are also providing a special phone number and direct access to our General Manager 24/7 for any guest satisfaction issue. Additionally, we have created a guest relations desk in the lobby of our hotel to attend any issues and transform experiences from negative to positives.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We had a most enjoyable stay last week of Feb/2012--found this resort to be very impressive with its workmanship and landscaping-the pools were very inviting--beach time was very relaxing--food was excellent!! Dinner each night was a little tough as it was always late but worth it--the buffets were always fresh and pleantifull-The service was always with a smile and prompt-the comment about the tubs being high was also a comment I would post as I am only 5'2"-but this
was the only negative-we took the fast ferry to the isle and the slow ferry back--rented the cart,what a fun day we had! We read a few negative comments before we went and were alittle concerned about the food and service-realized instantly we were not going to have a negative experience--those comments were most likely due to the resort being new and getting adjusted-we found the resort ran a very efficient service to its guest--the employees were a very hard working group--we were also very impressed with the cleaniness of the whole resort- we were never bothered by any construction--would highly recommend a visit to this all inclusive resort--thank you,than you

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank margaret q

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just came back from Spring Break with my wife and kid. I will number the problems we encountered. I have to be fair and say the rooms were great. I also want to mention a few workers that stood out. Gaudencio, Francisco, Luis, Pedro. It is also important to point out that I give tips even though the all inclusive includes tips. So the extra servicevi got could be a result of my "appreciation".
1. We bought an Ocean view room. All we could see was the roof of the restaurant that blocked the ocean view. We complained and the receptionist told us that in the computer it says ocean view. As if the computer could see. We were told they would try to change us to abother room. Never heard from anyone again.
2. The concierge service is nothing but a trap to sell "vacation ownership". Once they buy your goodwill, they don't even look you in the face.
3. I asked for an extra blanket the first day. Never came and never even heard an explanation.
4. We were given 1 key for 3 people. We asked for more and were told no, because they were out of enough keys.
5. Second day. I asked for a lower pillow for my kid. Never got it.
6. When the concierge hooked us, i complained about the pillow since she said she would be our personal care taker. After we signed up for the "vacation ownership" tour, we never heard from her again. Never got the pillow.
7. During the tour I expressed my insatisfaction to the salesperson. She said the owner was there firing management and everything wpuld change immediatelly. Joke! She asked m to write it all, which i did. Never was even contacted by anyone to address my issues.
8. The all inclusive hotel has 5 restaurants. 2 were closed for the high season. Zama and La Casona are really week. Bad service and food. To reserve dinner you have to do it personally between 7am and 3pm. So, since only 1 restaurant is good, Davino, you need to cut your rest short and be in line at 6:40am to get a decent dinner time.
9. At breakfast a couple of times i complained there was some food missing from the buffet. They went to the kitchen as to go get it, never brought it and never gave me an explanation.
10. Zama, the restaurant, serves sushi. They were out of chopsticks.
11. Davino, good food, has a wine list that has about 5% of the wines. They say they are changing suppliers. Not my fault.
12. one morning, around 8am, they ran out if beach towels.
13. The drinks are sufferable. Watered down. I ordered a strawberry daiquri and it had no ice in it. My kid ordered a virgin pina colada and couldn't drink it.
14. 5th day, we are at the pool and the waiter was being very unpleasant and making faces whenever we asked for something. When i lost my cool, he said he hadn't had lunch and he was leaving. I asked if someone would take over and he said there was no one else.
15. Last day i asked at the pool bar for drinks. The guy tells me they are closed but he would ask the waitress. 20 minutes later i notice he is making drinks for everyone. I go complain and he continues making others and not mine. I lost it and went on a rampage. They serve me this horrible drinks and the bartender mocks me. The manager who already new me came over to appologize. Sorry, one week too late.

Stayed: March 2012
8  Thank biso67

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Oh my goodness! The reviews I've read tonight and the reviews I read before our trip had me perplexed. We returned, tonight, from a one week visit to the most relaxing, the cleanest, the friendliest resort we have ever visited. We have traveled extensively, including Europe and China, and have never had a better experience. We booked seven days, all-inclusive. Yes, we signed receipts, but SO WHAT? They obviously have a smooth inventory system working and never ran out of anything. All of the buffets offered delicious food, lots of fresh fruit, and the hot things were hot and the cold things were cold. We ordered off the Snack Bar menu many times from the pool and were not disappointed. The beach was beautiful, I snorkeled on morning, and didn't see any fish, but did enjoy my swim. We took the "slow" ferry from next door to the hotel and had a lovely day snorkeling on the Isle. It was so convenient! Another day, we took a series of buses recommended by the concierge, and spent a wonderful day at Playa del Carmen. Spending a day at VdP is similar to a cruise....volleyball, soccer, pottery painting, yoga, water aerobics. The pools were clean, interesting shapes, and we always found plenty of chairs available. We took a couple of float "toys" and enjoyed just floating around the pool. The waiters would deliver drinks to the chaises or to the poolside. We tipped $1 for each trip a waiter made, $2 at most meals, $2 for our room maid. Everyone works hard at keeping the resort clean and beautiful. We will go back next year and probably many years after that.

Room Tip: We were on the sixth floor. 1609B Beautiful views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank suepaul727

Reviewed March 16, 2012

We wanted a few days away spent at the beach and this was a perfect location to do just that. Far from the rowdy crowds and the hotel zone. Quick ride to the city, shopping and resturants but far enough to feel like you are in a quiet area. Rooms were spacious with a beautiful patio overlooking the pool. Other reviews complained it was too noisy but we moved around and sat in different areas each day but never had a problem with the music. In some areas you could not even hear it. The staff was a bit slow but always extremely helpful. They all went out of their way to help us when ever needed. Other reviews complained of a smell in the room - but we never had a problem. And even with construction, we were never bothered by noise. My only complaint, which they can not change, is that the beach was not very long. They did a good job to clean the seaweed several times a day but we could not walk very far from the hotel. I strongly suggest the trip to Isla Mujeres. There is a car ferry right in front of the hotel but I recommend the shuttle you can pick up across from the hotel for 6 pesos that takes you to Puerto Juarez. This shuttle is faster and more comfortable. Rent a golf cart or moped and explore the island. Someone on the ferry said they were able to negotiate the rental rate down but they may require cash.

Room Tip: Building 2 overlooks both the beach and pool. Get a room in floors 4 or above for the best views.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple