All reviews el trompo sky bar low occupancy chef edgar room service italian restaurant family section sliding panels beautiful guest rooms tuna tataki cheese bites offer privacy stayed recently plush towels chicken pizza with cinnamon ice cream stunning resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is amazing hotel defenetly 5 star hotel bars are amazing Gabriela at the sky bar is amazing great bar bar twaiters migeuel/angel and jose had great time beautiful resort I will defenetly come back

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Odyssey24965277460, General Manager at Atelier Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ilya H,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our main goal is to provide you with an excellent service.

Hope to see you soon at his you home away from home.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wonderful place :) Great service, delicious food and drinks. One of the best hotels I have ever visited. The rooms are clean, spacious and really stylish. 24 hrs rooms service is also a great benefit. I recommend this hotel to everyone :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear KlaudiandRay,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services.

It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family had a wonderful stay at Atelier for 7 days last week. The hotel is new, modern and artistic, located in a quiet spot. Excellent facilities, food and services are all around. The hotel staff are very friendly, polite and professional, treating every guest like an VIP. To name a few, Francisco Velazquez and Fermin at Mercado 19, the two Marco at Takeshi, Oscar and Irving on the beach............ Since the hotel has yet to be officially open in October and the occupancy rate is relatively low at the moment , nighttime entertainment has yet to be developed. We would love to go back again.

1  Thank Sllhp

Dear Sllhp,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

Francisco, Fermin, Marco and Oscar, those Arteleros who gave you and excellent service surely are going to be honored.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me first start off by saying this is a very long review, however I hope it helps answer as many questions as possible that people might have. My husband and I booked a 6 days 5 nights trip here to celebrate our 1-year anniversary! Overall, we hope to be returning to this place soon! We hope to see a few more options on the menu catered towards vegetarians as well as entertainment activities throughout the resort, especially for the nightlife. All in all, with the price point and wanting more of a relaxing trip than an adventurous one, we were happy with the choice we made to celebrate our anniversary here!

Travel to the resort: We stayed from September 5-10th and we opted to take a private transport to the resort as we wanted to start our vacation off as soon as possible. The drive took us around 35-40 min to the resort and for those of you concerned about the safety of the location, there was 2 secured areas we had to cross from the moment we entered the Playa Mujeres Resorts entrance till we were welcomed at the lobby of Atelier. Once we crossed the first entrance it was like we stepped into a paradise jungle. These areas were super well maintained and you can immediately see the reason why these resorts are considered one of the top resorts of Cancun! Once we passed the main gate to the Atelier, they let the lobby staff know that we were arriving. The staff here was very courtesy and welcoming us with refreshing towels and took our luggage and walked us over to the check-in desks.

Check-In/Sales Presentation Process: The check-in process wasn’t long as the previous reviews have stated, however the staff member going over the app and the sales pitch was too long for us. Immediately after being greeted at the check-in desks we were offered cold refreshing guava drinks! We were offered an upgrade to the roof top suites however they did not offer us a discount or a free upgrade even though they were at a low occupancy (17%). We opted to stick with our junior swim out room that we booked. They collected the sanitation fee which came out to around $1.50/per day (you do have the option to pay this at the end of the stay during check-out). After we were given our wrist bands, also acting as our room key (this was a fantastic touch!), we were introduced to Orlando who was the staff member that explained the layout of the resort, the app and the sales presentation invitation the next morning for breakfast. The app is very self-explanatory and in my experience was very nicely upgraded from the issues the previous guests were having. We let Orlando know that we have absolutely no interest in any sales presentation and we were only here for a short time and did not want to be bothered by this again. Orlando was very nice and polite, however over the days he became overbearing asking us over and over when we were going to have breakfast with him and we really don’t want to miss the fantastic offers they have so we can come back and book again. On our last night he ran into my husband and told him he will see us at 8:30am the next morning and my husband let him know we are leaving so we will not be able to attend as we have no interest. The next morning concierge gave us a “courtesy call” at 8:00am to remind us of our breakfast appointment with Orlando. We were very annoyed because we had wanted to sleep in before our long trip back home and had a long night at the sky bar the day before. Nothing is wrong in them doing their job in offering a sales presentation, but I did not pay a lot of money for the service and comfort of a resort when they cannot understand the answer “NO” to a sales invitation. I have gone to far less expensive resorts and have NEVER been bothered by this behavior.

Room: We booked the Junior Swim Out (1 King Bed) room#2166 and it was highlight of our trip! We had the end room overlooking the golf course and it was not only relaxing but very private and spacious due to the corner room. We had a very large allocated space for our pool and this gave us plenty of room to lounge in the sun and did not have anyone swimming across our area due to being in the corner. We noticed that the swim outs facing the main pool area were not at all private and in fact were quite awkward to relax in the water and have everyone walk by us and stare. There are occasional golf carts going by near the golf course but due to the low occupancy this was very rare unlike the constant occupancy in the main pool area. I have read a lot of conflicting answers regarding the swim outs being heated and this is not true. I’m not sure if this is an upgrade they are yet to make to the pools, however when we were there they were not heated. The water was warmer after around 11am but still relatively on the cold side. This was kind of a bummer because we would have loved to relax in the swim out after the long day and order some room service or bring a drink back to the room and lounge. However, we found the water to be freezing once it was around 5pm. The daily housekeeping service was excellent. They came around twice a day, once in the morning and once during dinner and they made it look like a brand-new room ready for us daily. It was comforting to come back from dinner and find fresh clean linens to sleep on after spending the whole day in the hot weather and sand lol. The room comes with everything you can possibly need (Light-up makeup mirror, shampoo (Molton Brown), conditioner, soap, shower cap, lotion, all sizes of towels, toothbrush, toothpaste, earbuds, sewing kit, weight scale (hubby thought this was funny lol), hair dryer, safe, robes, slippers, shoe shinning supplies & shaving blades and cream). The mini fridge was stocked with Coke, Diet Coke, Sprint, Apple Juice, canned sparkling mineral water and bottles of water. The fridge was restocked daily or several times a day upon request. There were also snacks stocked (Oreos, banana sticks, pringles and Kit-Kats). The only problem we encountered was one of the days the water in the shower was not draining and the water was standing still. We placed a call to room service and it was immediately addressed.

Restaurants/Food: The overall taste and quality of the food is simply amazing and one of a kind. I do think that the resort can cater more to a vegetarian and vegan option for all their restaurants. Our opinion was that if the guests had an opportunity to choose a buffet option for all their meals that would be a nice alternative to have. I was extremely nervous after reading previous reviews about guests getting sick and was very hesitant about eating at the resort as I have a very sensitive stomach. We did notice a staff member who was making the omelets touch various foods and then remove the trash and move the trash bins and continue cooking the eggs without washing his hands. We made sure to stay away from this station and use the other omelet station on the other side and informed a staff member so no one else would be getting sick. I was very happy that neither one of us experienced any sort of sickness during our stay.

Room Service: Using the app was quick and very easy! We placed the order and you can make notes and select the quantity of the items. Soon after placing the order they immediately gave us a call to confirm the order and give us a approx. time for the food. The food came on the dot to time they stated. The food was very fresh and presented very nicely. We had Room Service for breakfast and lunch, I highly recommend the penne and the healthy sandwich for lunch & Danishes and omelets for breakfast.

Alba: We were told at check in, during the app presentation, that the juices here are great and we should definitely stop by to try the place. This was one of the places my husband was really looking forward to because it is a juice bar and he is absolutely obsessed. He was extremely disappointed to see that this place was not open. It was just an empty room with a few chairs and tables. It didn't look like it was up and running to be honest. The lights were always turned off and no one was in it. It's right across from the gym.

Mercado 19: This restaurant was only open for Breakfast from 7am-11:30am. We found the service to be great as well as the food and options. This was the one restaurant where you can find anything you needed. They have a whole section for juices, breads, drinks, omelet, pancake and fresh toast and waffles station, fruit and yogurt stations and hot foods such as eggs, sausages, bacon, potatoes and even tamales and tostadas. This was a great option for starting off the morning! I highly recommend the avocado toast and the scrambled eggs.

Takeshi: This was by far our most favorite restaurant! We ate here 3 out of the 5 nights and every meal was fantastic. Our waiter the first night was not the nicest person and we found him rude. He did not like where we kept our plate of food and drinks on our place mat as we were eating. (My husband tried to move the California rolls to the middle, so he could try some and he gave him a displeased look and said let me do it and moved them back in front of me). We really hoped we wouldn’t get served by this individual when we returned 2 other times. The food here was exceptional with lots of flavor and tasted very fresh. We loved this place because they had a lot of options on the menu and the portions were sized perfectly so we can explore the whole menu. For those of you who are vegetarian, they have a lot of options here to cater to your requirements. Highly recommended options would be the thai salad, yasai roll, lamb curry, teriyaki shrimp & mango lassi. They also do a veggie curry!

Cilento Dinner: Although the service and ambiance were very romantic, we weren’t big fans of the food options here. I was very disappointed to see that they did not have any pasta options on the menu with it being an Italian restaurant. Our waiter, Carlos, was excellent!!! He let us know to come back during lunch for pasta options and gave us the menu for lunch, so we could see what was being served. More on that in the next section! They have an option for outdoor or indoor seating and I would highly suggest sitting indoors for dinner due to it being very humid and mosquitoes on the balcony. I highly recommend trying the watermelon salad and the fennel risotto.

Cilento Lunch: Excellent food, service and the view! We chose to sit on the balcony which I highly recommend, and it has the perfect view of the ocean. The service was once again excellent, and our waiter Manuel was very kind and always made sure we were full haha. There were a lot of options on the menu for everyone, even my vegetarian husband, and once again everything tasted fresh and flavorful. I highly recommend the gratin eggplant, spaghetti carbonara, bufalina pizza and opera cake. You cannot go wrong with ordering anything on this menu!

Los Abrazos: This was our least favorite restaurant, however whatever we had ordered tasted good. We were told during check in that this restaurant had vegetarian options even after I had mentioned to them that I heard it was steakhouse and they responded saying we can tailor the menu to make vegetarian food. We however found that this was not the case. My husband did not have any vegetarian options other than 2 salads, a soup and a couple sides. We also found the service to be extremely slow here even though there weren’t a lot of guests dining around 8pm. We had to ask and remind our waiter on several occasions for our drinks and refilling our water which was quite bothersome since it was not at all busy and had to be requested multiple after when not attentive after asking. We were also pretty tried from a long day of excursions so this constant reaching out to the waiter was quite exhausting. As I mentioned the only vegetarian options for those of you traveling here would be the salads and the sides which are: fries, mac and cheese, corn and veggies. They do have a fantastic mashed potato side; however, it looks like the gravy is made from meat (did not ask to confirm this). I did wake up in the middle of the night with stomach pains and had to request medication via the app to be delivered to the room and I was better by evening of the next day. We questioned whether it was the meat that I had at the restaurant, but I cannot confirm for sure as we had other food throughout the day at the resort. We dined at this restaurant once during our stay and I would highly recommend the crab cake which was fabulous and my favorite thing on the menu!

El Trompo: This was the best place to grab a quick bite to eat or even lunch when lounging on a bali bed or after some time in the pool. The service here was excellent just like most of the restaurants in the resort. Our waiter here was Emilio, and he was very fun and sweet. He got our drinks fast and made sure that we had everything we needed throughout the entire meal. They start you off with fresh guacamole with goat cheese. I highly recommend the buffalo chicken wings!!! If you’re vegetarian, try the cheese bites and the vegetarian tacos. Everything is made fresh and tastes amazing!

El Suspiro: Excellent! Everything was so fresh and had a lot of options for everyone. The seafood tasted fresh and the cold drinks were very refreshing and super tasty. The restaurant being next to the pool and open air, we did not find any problem with it being too hot or humid. It was well maintained, staffed and the food flavorful. I highly recommend trying the octopus salad here!

Resort Grounds, Entertainment & Beach: The architecture and the entire design of the rooms, lobby and building is breathtaking! Even for a brand-new resort I was very glad to see that the staff is doing their best to keep everything well maintained. The open-air concept throughout the resort gives you a sense of freshness as you walk anywhere in the resort. The beach is breathtaking!!! The resort sits opposite to Isla Mujeres and the water is mostly clear with 50 shades of beautiful blue warm water. The staff does their best to clean up the seaweed throughout the day. Be sure to order snacks at the bali beds and enjoy the cool refreshing drinks while relaxing in front of the ocean. The spicy grilled shrimp and the fries are excellent! Veronica was so sweet and really took care of everything and even got us an extra plate of shrimp because she said I will want more after trying them (boy was she right!). The only downfall to the beach area is the huge green bushes the block the ocean view from the bali beds in the back. Unless you get there on time you cannot get a bed right in front of the beach. I would not have minded the beds in the back however due to the obstruction it doesn’t feel like I am on a beach at all without some sort of view of the ocean. We did not have a huge mosquito problem, there were several occasions where I was bit, however I did not see any staff spraying for them, so I am not sure if it was only during a certain time after periods of heavy rain. There were activities scheduled throughout the day that you can find on the app or on the TV (honestly, we only used this to watch football lol), however the resort did not really do a good job to try and get everyone involved or promote these activities. I believe the low occupancy also attributed to the low attendance to these activities as well. As far as night activities, there were no shows. Although the sky bar was gorgeous, there weren’t a lot of guests during the night and was most of the time empty. We enjoyed the night sky and the live music here on our last night!

Room tip: Swim-out #2166, rooms with the view of the golf course are private and relaxing!
16  Thank KSK81818

Dear KSK81818,

Thank you for your complete review and for the time you've spent in writing it. We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services.

Your feedback is extremely valuable for us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. All those Arteleros who gave you and excellent service (Carlos, Manuel, Emilio and Veronica), surely are going to be honored.

It would be such a pleasure to welcome you back to this your home Atelier!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Hotel is extremly nice with lots of space and nice restaurants. For Breakfast "Mercado 19" is the place to be with lovely waiters like Fransico Velazquez or Manuél. Perfectly nice and we got lots of information on what to do around here and Mexico.
Highly recommend the Hotel!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Sarah L

Dear Sarah L,

We are more than glad to know that you enjoyed all our facilities and services. Francisco and Manuel will be honored for the quality of service provided.

Hope to see you soon at this your home.