“Be aware of the croc on the 8th hole!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Be aware of the croc on the 8th hole!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

It was an average course. But being golfers, it was very close to Excellence Playa Mujeres and they pick you up in a golf cart.
It is a challenging course, for me anyways!

London, England
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Great course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I played Monday (6th May) while staying at EPM. Was planning to play alone but was pleased to join up with Ben and Jason from the US and Michel from Canada.

Headed to the range with complimentary balls provided, which also had a good chipping/practise facility.
We played from the gold tees (2nd back from the tips) and while challenging in length, the fairways were pretty wide and flat as you'd expect for a resort course. However stray a little wide and forget finding your ball in the wasteland. I lost 3 balls in 8 holes so got a little worried about running out, but managed to play the same ball for the rest of the round.

The course was in great condition, manicured and very lush green fairways. Greens ran true but very testing pin placements and with tricky slopes. Plenty of water and sand too so easy on the eye. A very enjoyable round of golf, the only disappointment was that we didn't see a croc!

Quite pricey at $139 (inc buggy) which the hotel told me included the discount! Plus another $30 to hire clubs. I booked through the hotel concierge and expected to be billed at the hotel but had to pay at the golf club. The other guys thought the same. If I knew in advance I would've taken cash but ended up coming home from holiday long of USD, a little frustrating.

The rental clubs were Callaway. The irons were better than the woods for sure. Putter was shabby though with the grip long worn out. However they did a job and for one holiday round it wasn't a problem and outweighed the aggro of carrying my clubs from the UK

Thanks to Jason, Ben and Michel too....good to meet you - it was fun!

2 Thank RJhols
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Golf Value In Cancun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Played in off season so very quiet; like being on our own private course; played twice. Good resort course. A little off the beatened track, worth it when you get there. Greens are good speed and run true. Some trouble into the mangrove if you stray too far on your drives. No unreasonable carries over water. Staff very attentive.

South West
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Great Afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My OH wanted around or two of golf and all was arranged through Victor @ Excellence Playa Mujeres.
A full round with buggy (no club hire) was $138 twilight golf tee off.
OH brought his full set of clubs with Thomas Cook £35 return 15 kilos max.
We were picked up at 1.30pm with another 4 Guest.
Club house was a bit jaded and at some point there was either a lagoon or pool outside the deck, but this was all drained.
Very efficient check in, went to driving range to hit a few balls and then went out for a glorious afternoon of golf,
The course is quite predictable and flat with nothing too challenging except the anticipation of Coco the crocodile at green 9.
I play but was chief caddy and as a lady golfer thought the course very friendly and not to challenging. Perhaps I expected more sea views and maybe more water.
Lovely young lady came by to offer light refreshments.
OH played the course hitting 88 we did this in 2.3 hours.....speedy heh but if I had not seen it with my own eyes would not have believed how well OH played.
We were take to meet Coco how beautiful and big he/she is especially when being fed!!
Brought back to EPM by golf buggy by a very friendly Marshall.
Regarding golf etiquette I noted informal shoes trainers worn and fairly casual dress.
Great fun had by all

Visited April 2013
2 Thank karenstu
Chicago, Il
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Good course - but bring your own clubs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Played this on Sunday the 7th at 7 am. I got to the course at 6:30 as the sun came up and teed off by 7:10 after hitting some practice golf balls. Took my time and actually played a few extra balls. Kept losing them in the woods!

I agree with Jimmy the Pro Shop area is less than desirable. The Secrets the Vine hotel gave us a deal for $70 per person. We also stayed at BP Sian Kaan in Akumal for 5 days and played a much better course down the Riviera Maya for the same price and its right across the street.

per previous reviewer - If you need more balls the landscapers do have balls to sell

Visited April 2013