4,427 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantbeachfront casitastory casitaroom serviceaqua vivanatura barocean view terracesushiboutique resortswim up barbeach conciergeseasons toursswim up suite
Reviewed December 12, 2017

What a wonderful week! Staff was friendly and accommodating! We enjoyed a great week of weather and was able to hang by the pool and beach. I liked that there were things to do if you wanted but if you wanted to just read a good book you could. It was perfect for adults ONLY!

The spa was one of a kind and cannot wait to return to it.

It was a great property to relax, and if you are looking for peace this is the place.

Room Tip: We had one of the largest suites and it was almost too much!! loved it :)
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

If you are not 65+ this is not the place for you, I have spent over 2k in this hotel and so far it has been our worst experience. People are super rude here, its a retirement home, you have to be super quiet here. There is not mentioned in their rules and regulations that you have to be quiet in this resort and they ruined our vacation they never told us this is a quiet superrrr boring resort.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
15  Thank Hoda F
Reviewed December 11, 2017

My husband and I visited The Beloved for 3 days/4 nights mid-November. We had previously stayed next door at Excellence Playa Mujeres, but wanted to try The Beloved as we liked the idea of a boutique and more quiet resort. The fact that there are not any “class categories” (Excellence Club) was another reason we were interested in trying this resort – everyone is treated with the same amazing service regardless of room category. We were so happy with the decision and will definitely be back for a return visit.

We booked directly through the resort website and our flight/transfer separately. This was the first time we had done this and everything worked out great. We used Canada Transfers and the service was excellent and professional both to and from the airport. We will be using them again in the future.

Check-in:
Upon arriving at the resort, we were greeted by the lovely and friendly Isabel, who offered us an upgrade to a Casita suite with a private pool. We had booked the most basic room – Jr. Suite – so were delighted to have the opportunity to experience a more luxurious room category. We also booked a beach cabana for our time there (buy 2 days, get the 3rd free) through her. Once check-in was completed, we were escorted to our room by Christian, we provided resort details and information along the way. A really great welcome and front-desk experience to begin our stay.

Room:
The Casita Suite with private pool was fabulous. The room lay out was great – more than enough space – but what made it extra special was the patio with the private pool. We made use of it every day. We had one rainy day and having access to our own little space was great. The location was sometimes not ideal, as we overlooked the back of a restaurant (not very private), but it didn’t really bother us. Room and turndown service were both exceptional. It was always lovely to return back to the room in the evening to see what Laura (turndown) had created with her amazing towel art skills. My apologies, but we didn’t get the name of our room service woman or the person who stocked the bar/fridge. Both, however, provided professional service and were great. We made use of room service in the mornings (using the private box) which was so convenient. We would order the night before and it was waiting for us when we got up in the morning. Lovely to sit out on the patio and watch the sun rise in the quiet. We loved the bar in our suite and swapped out a couple of bottles with no problem at all.

Although we really enjoyed the Casita Suite, I think we would prefer the layout of the Jr. Suites – we will be trying one with a plunge pool on our next visit.

Beach:
We booked a cabana for our 3 days and, although the service and space were both fabulous, we did not feel that it provided anything extra special. The beach has plenty of loungers and beds available for all guests and the service provided is the same for everyone. Finding space in the sun was tricky with the cabana, so would probably skip this the next time we visit. Service on the beach was outstanding – Luis and Jarlin were wonderful and provided us with all the drink and food we could possibly want. We ventured to the main pool every now and then, but really enjoyed our time relaxing on the quiet and peaceful beach.

Restaurants:
Both my husband and I enjoy good, well prepared/presented food and The Beloved did not disappoint. We ate at all the restaurants and felt that every meal was top quality. Service was excellent as well. A special thanks to Noe at Isla Grill, Miguel at Aroma, Ofelio at El Mar and Claudia at Lupita for our amazing dinners. They all went out of their way to ensure our evenings were special and we really appreciated the attention and suggestions they provided to us. Mary and Victor at Isla Grill were also wonderful when we ventured there for breakfast.

Entertainment:
We did not participate in any activities during the day as we were on vacation to relax and rest. The activities looked fun, though, and didn’t interfere with the quiet we were looking for.
In the evenings, we enjoyed having a drink after dinner and The Lupita Lounge was a perfect place for this. We both loved the romantic, secluded feel of it. There was the opportunity to socialize as well, but plenty of places to sit and enjoy each other’s company amidst the beautiful foliage and seating areas. We thoroughly enjoyed the service that Alberto provided every evening – his drink and sushi suggestions were always spot on.

The evening music was outstanding. We caught a few shows, but our favourites were Claudia (incredible voice – could have listened to her for hours) and the Jersey Boys (fun tribute to that music era). We also appreciated that the entertainment didn’t start and go too late as we personally prefer to spend most of our time on vacation in the daylight hours.

Spa:
We took advantage of the Agua Viva Hydrotherapy circuit that is included with everyone’s stay. I highly recommend this treatment and experience. Erik guided us through it all – we had fun with each other’s reactions to some of it – but overall, it was incredibly relaxing and a wonderful way to start our last day on our vacation.

Bottom Line:
The Beloved was one of the best resorts we have been to (previously visited EPM, Barcelo Palace, Moon Palace and others). We loved the small size of the resort, the huge rooms and the white/minimal décor that provided a soothing atmosphere. The staff and service they provided were outstanding, the food and drinks amazing. We will be back to visit this gem of a place many times over. Thanks to all at The Beloved for a fantastic vacation!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
9  Thank heybeaner
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Actually.... you know what? This ultra luxury all - in resort left me cold. I've rated it a 5 because it is truly amazing and if you like this sort of thing you would be in your bliss! It's beautifully decorated throughout - fresh, clean, cool, elegant. The staff are super attentive and literally on hand 24/7, The food is quite varied with multiple differently styled outlets scattered all over the large property. I only saw our room, of course, but it was large and beautiful with gloriously comfortable beds, a private Jacuzzi, a swim up verandah complete with a double daybed. The bathroom was like a suite in it's own right, with several shower head styles to chose from, double basins and a large walk in wardrobe. The toiletries were tea perfumed from a named designer house that I can't recall to mind at the moment - something French and glamourous - and this signature scent was piped in all the public reception spaces (not the restaurants though, of course). Activities and social events were all laid on to suit a range of tastes and abilities and the beach was very well groomed and well stocked with shade and outdoor furniture. All activities were well publicized in a daily news letter which arrived to your suite each morning. Little treats were delivered daily, unexpectedly. Things like bottles of champagne would show up - or beautifully decorated cake, or flowers. The whole place was completely amazing. I had booked a very early pick-up for a day trip which I had a 4am call for. Could I have breakfast at that time of the day? Well yes I could and no trouble at all, madam!
One thing to bear in mind is that beloved is located quite a long way out of Cancun and so if you are booking day trips you do begin the trip by having to be picked up first and them getting driven aimlessly round town collecting everyone else - tedious!
Wow!!! If I never go anywhere like this again I will not mind too much but I will always remember Beloved as a very fascinating travel experience.
Thanks to all the lovely kind staff - don't forget that tipping is expected - I'm talking to you, all you non tipping kiwis!

Room Tip: Get a swim up room. So fun!
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband spent 2 fabulous weeks in beloved for our honeymoon. From the drive up, instantly we fell in love with the hotel. We were greeted by Christian the concierge who was so friendly and gave us our champagne and our cold cloths to help us cool down. We got checked Into our room which was a junior suite, such a jaw dropping room, plenty of space to chill out n relax and spotless might I add. Our maid was fantastic, she even folded my husband's clothes when he left them lying around his suitcase.

The grounds in the hotel are maintained to a fabulous standard, my husband is a construction worker and could not believe the amount of continuous work on going daily within the grounds. All the staff were extremely pleasant.

The food in the restaurants was fabulous, not one bad meal did we have,we even tried sushi from Jesus in the lupita lounge. All the bar staff were always very accomadating, Miriam and David were extremely friendly and helpful and always knew what drinks we wanted before we had been ordered them. Though I have to give Juan a medal for listening to us every night in the lobby bar. He is an absolute star. He was always so helpful and kind and the service was always first class. Well done Juan keep up the good work.

At the beach we were always greeted by Jared... He was the best Craic as us Irish say. Every time We walked past he was always ready for a chat and enjoyed the banter. He always greeted us with water on arrival and helped us move our beds to get the best Sun position. The beach see would not be the place it is if it weren't for him. My husband and I looked forward to time on the beach to catch up with him. He is one in a million.

Now for the main man Jesus the beach bar waiter. We has many waiters such as Alex, Eduardo and Oscar who are all excellent but Jesus always looked after us. He knew come 12pm i was looking my usual pizza and without fail I got it lol he was always happy and chatty, we followed him about the beach, when he moved to a new section we moved with him the service was just perfect. He is a real credit to the resort. We loved all the family chat and will truly miss him.

As for Mairobi and Christopher they were fab. They r def in the perfect jobs. They are always full of chat, always a friendly face. We enjoyed winning all our hydrotherapy sessions from participating in the bingo, jenga and quizzes. We even played volley ball most days just to have a laugh with them.

To the waiters and waitresses, filiberto, Mary, Suzanna and Danny to name a few. Service was always excellent. Not to mention our fresh omelettes every morning, you know you have been there too long when the chef knows your breakfast before you cab have it ordered.

We hope to return to beloved some day. Keep up the good work. Not to mention all the fabulous friends we made along the way. Thank you beloved x

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple