Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$496
Finest Resorts
$550
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$266
  • Pool
$507
$473
$428
$299
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$277
  • Breakfast included
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
$68
$65
$253
$205
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,250 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantstory casitabeachfront casitanatura barroom serviceaqua vivaocean view terracesushibeach conciergeboutique resortswim up barseasons toursour honeymoon
Reviewed December 27, 2016

I read the reviews and thought it just can't be that good but it was one of the most amazing resorts I've ever been to. From the moment my hubby and I arrived we were greeted with cool towels and drinks. We were then immediately escorted to the check in area and taken care of by the wonderful Miguel. He was very attentive and moved us through the check in process quickly and then escorted us to our room. I was also impressed that he greeted me by name everyday:)

The room - we selected a ocean view terrace room with plunge pool. I wanted to surprise my hubby and the look on his face was priceless. He said, "Is this all ours?" It became difficult to leave the room during our short stay. We had a distant but amazing view of the ocean and it was glorious to wake up in the morning, sip coffee,order room service, etc. The room was so clean and turn down service was nice with special treats each day. I really enjoyed the box where they could leave your food without knocking on your door or entering your room. I had never seen that before at other hotels in the past.
We want the same room next year and Claudia, the Service Manager said email me ahead of time and she will do her best to accommodate.

Speaking of Claudia. She was so attentive but not intrusive. She was so friendly and told us having us as guest was a blessing and we should ask for anything we need. We were blown away by her level of customer service and attention to detail. She checked on us each day whether on the beach or at lunch. We love us some Claudia. Once you meet her you won't forget her.

Food - a few reviews were a bit critical but there were so many options and you could make special requests. We loved the food and the variety. We ate at all restaurants and liked the change in offerings on the beach each day. We also ordered room service quite a bit. Loved the smoothie bar too. My hubby fell in love with cerviche and our favourite sever on the beach, Eduardo brought it to him on the beach and then told him how to prepare it at home.

Beach - kept clean and not overly crowded. There was quite a bit of seaweed but they worked hard to keep it cleaned up. The view made up for it.

Spa - you must try the Complimentary Aqua therapy. You willl be drenched from head to toe but it is a very unique and invigorating experience. We also enjoyed our messages by Evelyn and Juanita.

Service and Size - I've stayed at a number of all inclusive that were very large. Was not sure how much I would enjoy the intimacy of this resort but we were both quickly hooked. We didn't have to walk far to get anywhere. Everyone was so nice and took care of your every need. It never felt crowded and there is just enough entertainment to satisfy you. We are already planning our next trip. What a fantastic time. I also want to thank the GM Noelia for asking for our honest feedback. We are still trying to come up with something but thanks for providing your personal email:)

8  Thank Brailsfordp19
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2017

Dear Brailsfordp19,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for taking a valued time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are honored to have received such a high rating review from a valuable guest and to know that you got so pleased with the stunning facilities and the delicious food served. Thank you for your amiable words regarding and your appreciation regarding the services provided by our colleagues and rest sure we will share your kind words with the related departments and staff. Our partners will be happy to receive your compliments!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for one more remarkable holiday.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

As soon as you arrive to this amazing hotel you begin to get pampered with a glass of bubbly and cold-refreshing towels. The service and staff is spectacular!!! I will be back to lay down in the secluded beach and enjoy the amenities the hotel has to offer, including amazing food! Thank you guys!!!!

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JuanCarlosChavez79
Reviewed December 26, 2016

What a magnificent resort! If you truly want to get away and enjoy a peaceful quiet relaxing stay this is the hotel for you! The service was excellent. The place is kept immaculate. The food is excellent. My girlfriend and I have had a trying year and when she booked our stay here I was a little skeptical that for the price we would get such service. Well the people at the Beloved Playa Mujeres have made a believer out of me! Claudia and Jenny run this resort with the attention to detail fitting of a five star resort. From the moment we arrived they made sure we felt welcome and that it was their goal to make this a memorable stay. The room was fantastic. Clean, well lit, and don't even get me started on the most amazing shower I have ever experienced. I highly recommend the pillow bar! Room service was constantly exceeding our expectations. Anything you want they will do their best to provide it for you. Fresh fruit delivered daily. Turndown service every night. Anything you want 24/7 they will go out of their way to get for you. Did I mention the in room hot tub and BED on the balcony with several pillows? And that was just the standard room! Look into different packages that include swim up pools right off your 1st floor room to your own private pool!

Housekeeping was impeccable! Noemi was one of most kind and hard working people we have ever met! She went out of her way to make our experience special. She was so kind and sincere and wanted to thank us before we left, she gave my girlfriend a flower and gave us both hugs. Left us both practically in tears. It is something I will never forget. And you had a sense that everyone working there had the same attitude. The desire to make you feel pampered and treated like royalty. You have made friends for life Noemi!

All the different restaurants have their own unique style and flare. The food is excellent at each one. I had one of the best meals of my life (Lamb tacos) at the Lupita which celebrates every night with cuisine prepared in the style of a different region of Mexico, along with their other fantastic main menu. The Aroma has an excellent buffet breakfast with local flair along with continental options, the staff are wonderful also! The El Mar is fantastic as well and the staff were so friendly! Shout out to Manuel, Andrea, Ricardo, and Esquiel! They were fantastic. We enjoyed a wonderful meal our last night there with a beach extravaganza! The Isla grill right next door was a favorite lunch destination and both have beautiful views of the ocean!

Now let me tell you about the free hydrotherapy experience and massage at the beloved Spa, in a word amazing! From the steam rooms to the different showers and the jet massages in the pool, heavenly! David our guide was exceptional as was Alejandra at the front desk. Afterward I received a deep tissue massage from Elizieth and all I can say is WOW! The price was more than reasonable for 80 minutes of tension relieving bliss! Thanks for the discount Alejandra! : ) Many different Spa treatments are available and you definitely need to experience one of them,

The Beloved offers a host of different activities daily. You can view them on the giant board they have near the main lobby and also in the nightly newsletter the Beloved Times you get each night with turn down service. I enjoyed a cigar tasting with excellent coffee and espresso! One day walking by the Natura bar which offers an assortment of delicious fruit smoothies along with other delights I was invited to a pool tournament located nearby. Now I can't say for sure but I had the feeling the gentleman who worked at the resort let me win. For my "efforts" my girlfriend and I were treated to a free Cabana on the beach! Wonderful service from both Christian and Eduardo! We enjoyed excellent food and drinks while relaxing on a huge bed with several comfortable pillows! Which reminds me every pool is adorned with what I just described! Not lawn chairs, BEDS with an assortment of pillows.

Being that the Beloved Playa Murejes is all inclusive and no kids, it is the perfect place to just relax and unwind! Was amazed at how quiet and peaceful it was. Because there are only 100 rooms you will get extra special treatment and attention. Everything is conveniently located as well. You can walk across the whole property in roughly 5 minutes. We were looking for a peaceful and luxurious stay and we were not disappointed! We have been to several resorts in many locales around the globe but I will tell you honestly I have never had an experience like this. Don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself. We want to thank everyone there for making our stay one we will never forget and are looking forward to our next visit.
John & Patti

14  Thank John S
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Dear John & Patti,

Allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your getaway and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor Readers.

We are amused to read your amiable words regarding your experience with us and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing time at our boutique hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning the excellent services, the quality of food, facilities, and amenities that made your stay a memorable experience. It is very gratifying to know that our colleagues were able to serve and treat you in such special manner.

We will ensure that your kind comments reach the eyes and ears of all our staff. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests!

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another amazing vacation.

Please receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

Reviewed December 25, 2016

This is a lovely, small resort in a beautiful and quiet location. On either side of the resort is a Condo/marina facility and 2 other Excellence resorts that are larger (Excellence and Finest). All were wonderfully maintained.

ROOM: We had a standard junior suite in the main building on same floor as spa and gym. Plenty of room and storage. Nice bathroom layout. This room set up is really for couples. Lots of glass and windows in shower area so not very private.

Be assertive about when you want your room serviced. If not, your room won't be cleaned until after 4.

FOOD: Overall good. The concierge needs to make a reservation for you to use the Excellence restaurants. We went to Barcelona at the Excellence and it was great.

El Mar - generally open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seafood oriented in the evening. A little bit of everything for lunch.

Isla Grill - Wonderful for dinner. Good steaks and other meat options (avoid the lamb though). This restaurant will be closed if there is a wedding. It was closed for dinner twice the week we were there for wedding parties. Also breakfast and lunch are served here. (Sit down with a small cold buffet).

Aroma - breakfast buffet and dinner. Breakfast was good with a made to order egg station. Plenty of selection. The night we were going there for dinner it was closed for a wedding party.

Lupita - Mexican. We had an unsuccessful meal there but primarily due to bad service. If we went back we would give it a second chance.

Lounges and Bars - Lobby bar always fun and Lupita Lounge usually had evening entertainment. Swim up bar open in the day plus full bar service at the beach.and pools. Servers were always checking in on you at beach and the various pools.

BEACH: Wonderful!! Friendly staff and just beautiful.Good walking beach with a great view of Isla Mujeres. Water was nice. There can be seaweed but they actively work on keeping beach clean all day.

POOL: 3 nice pools. Pool with bar was the busiest (and had some entertainment, water aerobics, etc). The other 2 were quiet. It appeared that since many rooms and casitas have plunge pools the pools weren't that active. In addition due to weddings there were large groups that tended to do activities together.

GYM: One of the nicest gyms we have seen (and used) in an all inclusive. There are some classes. Good equipment.

SPA: We didn't use. Looked elegant and pretty (walked through to find gym).

SERVICE: Overall lovely, friendly people. You do have to be firm about when you want room cleaned. Turn down was always special. Bar and food service was generally good to excellent.

SHOPS: Only one gift shop.

OTHER: There is a full room service menu (we didn't use). Bar in room was always kept stocked and there was an assortment of snacks. All balconies and patios had loungers large enough for 2.

We had a wonderful time and liked how small the resort was. It was a quiet and restful vacation. Just send me any questions you might have.

Room Tip: Study your options carefully. There are a variety of rooms/sizes. Our standard junior suite was the smallest at 960 square fee.
7  Thank J J B
Reviewed December 24, 2016

We went Dec 15-22 and it was far from crowded. We had booked a swim up suite with private garden but were offered a Casita with private pool upgrade at an extra $50 per person per night but turned it down. The hotel then gave us the upgrade for free when we came up with an excuse to celebrate something. Everyone we spoke to had been upgraded. Our room was definitely awesome. Huge patio, 10'x20' (approx) inground pool and privacy without being hidden. We were visited daily by a handful of colourful birds in our outdoor space amid the tropical plants. No bracelets, no towel card, no complaints. Everything you hate about all inclusive resorts is missing from Beloved. There are no reservations, no lineups, no a la carte limits, no competition for loungers, no hassles. If you want something, they'll bring it. Sometimes they bring it before you have a chance to ask.

My only suggestion would be to put 1 or 2 non-seafood choices on the menu at the Seafood Restaurant "El-Mar". I missed out because my husband doesn't eat seafood other than shrimp. I'm sure if we requested it they would have cooked anything he wanted but we hate to ask. In all restaurants food presentation was really nice. The food was always good, portions were a nice size, not massive. The buffet at the White Party was nothing special. Hard to see what you're eating.
Staff was all great and some went out of their way to do exceptional things. Freddy the Head Chef we met at the "Cook with the Chef" activity offered one day always took time for conversation whenever we saw him and answered all of our questions about Mexican cooking. He also taught us how to make a killer caviche and steam fish wrapped in aromatic leaves. We've employed those skills at home

After all the pampering we're ruined for life. It's definitely worth putting out a few more dollars for amenities like this!

Room Tip: If you want shade you have a better chance in Casita ground floor rooms with odd numbers,(egTierna 1) or the swim out garden suites.
6  Thank carmenfrompickering

Dear carmenfrompickering,

Let us thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

We are thrilled to read that you found a relaxing time at Beloved Playa Mujeres and the facilities & amenities encountered were able to exceed your expectations. Thanks for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation mentioning the quality of the food and the friendly service delivered by our colleagues. We also would like to congratulate for your engagement, which helped us identify specifically a point of improvement encountered during your stay.

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future for another amazing experience.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!