Finest Playa Mujeres(Playa Mujeres)
$464
Finest Resorts
Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort & Spa(Playa Mujeres)(Great Value!)
$127
Bookit.com
  • Pool
$440
Excellence Resorts
$352
Bookit.com
Hotel Riu Dunamar(Playa Mujeres)
$216
$409
$386
Agoda.com
Sea by C - Adults Only(Playa Mujeres)
$100
Hotels.com
$188
$144
Agoda.com
$20
  • Room Service
4,335 results
All reviewslupita loungela amadaplunge poolaroma restaurantlupita restaurantbeachfront casitastory casitaaqua vivaroom servicenatura barocean view terracesushiboutique resortswim up barbeach conciergeseasons toursswim up suite
Reviewed December 13, 2016

We've just returned from 2 weeks at Beloved. It was our honeymoon and it was everything we'd hoped for and more!

We wanted a beautiful resort with great food and service on the beach. The Beloved totally exceeded our expectations. The reviews really don't capture how amazing this property and its outstanding staff are. From the front desk to the cleaning and pool staff, friendly greetings are genuine and no request is too much to ask.

This was our first visit, but certainly will not be our last! I'm already looking at whether there are vacancies in February...

Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful, but we'd like to say a very special and heartfelt thank you to Paolo at the Isla Grill for his outstanding service. Paolo helped us choose meals, made great food and beverage suggestions, prepared us special desserts and went way over and above on our last evening. Thank you so much, Paolo!! You made our honeymoon that much more special and memorable and you're the reason we ate at the Isla Grill every night for our last week! I plan to head to the liquor store this weekend to try to get a bottle of that amazing Mexican wine you got me addicted to!

A special shout out to Jose de Jesus, our amazing bellman! Jose, thanks for all the great suggestions, getting us safely to town, looking after us and always making us smile! And finally, a shout out to Mary our breakfast and lunch server. Mary shared a personal recipe with us when we expressed how much we enjoyed the salsa. Can't wait to make it and it's going to be saved in our wedding memories box for safekeeping!

Noelia, please accept our sincere gratitude. Beloved is the best resort we've every visited and the staff are exceptional. We will definitely return and will recommend the Beloved to friends and family.

Room Tip: Something to appeal to everyone. No "bad" rooms.
2  Thank Shamie14
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Dear Shamie14,

Let us thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your honeymoon celebration and for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

It is a great satisfaction to know that you enjoyed so much your stay at our resort and our friendly and attentive colleagues were able to provide an excellent service and so many memorable moments. Thank you very much for your appreciation and rest sure that your amiable comments reach the eyes and ears of all our staff at the hotel. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests.!

We hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future for another romantic getaway!

Receive our warmest regards from The Beloved Family!

Reviewed December 12, 2016

My husband, daughter and I were fortunate to be able to take our second trip back to Beloved. Last years trip was perfect and we had to wonder if they could, for a second year, live up to the standard they had set. ABSOLUTELY! The hospitality that you receive from each and every employee is warm and genuine. I believe the resort was booked full and once again, you had to wonder where everyone was because it never feels crowded. We were in Building 3 again which we really like because it is very centrally located to everything. The beach service was great with Alex and Dani continually stopping by to ask if they could get you something. We would have sushi and cocktails every night at Lupita Lounge, and our server Alberto was wonderful. ( Thank you for your patience in trying to teach us how to order in Spanish!) For a second year, our favorite dinner spot was Isla Grill. Our server, Luis, who made last year's trip so memorable, once again made each meal special.
Luis and manager Juan, truly exemplify hospitality at its finest!
Our dinner on the last night was a wonderful Mexican feast made by Chef Jorge. As much as we would like to travel and visit other areas of Mexico, when it comes to wanting a vacation that is all about relaxation and the best service around, we will always choose Beloved.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank VKar1847
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2017

Dear VKar1847,

Allow us to thank you for choosing once again Beloved Playa Mujeres as host of your getaway and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor Readers.

We are amused to read your amiable words regarding your experience with us and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing time at our Hotel. Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your vacation and mentioning the friendly services and the quality of food & drinks that made your stay so enjoyable and memorable.

We will ensure that your kind comments reach the eyes and ears of all our staff at Resort. It means so much more when it comes from the opinion of our valued guests.

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon and provide another amazing vacation.

Please receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

Reviewed December 11, 2016

We visited this place last year for my sisters wedding and it has been one of our favorite resorts we've been to! I want to break down in different areas for review process:

ACCOMODATIONS: Absolutely stunning! When we got there they upgraded our room (and everyone else in our party) to an ocean view junior level suite. The rooms were decorated to the nine's. It was modern, sleek, and felt very luxurious. The rooms are stocked with full bottles of liquor, wine, beer, and snacks. You can choose a scent for them to use at turn down. I mean we were blown away! Very luxurious and the views were unbeatable!

Food: With some all inclusive resorts the food and drinks suffer but this is not the case at the beloved. We really loved the great selection of fresh juices (the watermelon juice is delicious) and fruit. I'm a huge breakfast person, and was impressed by the buffet! I love that we were able to have a server at the beach (not available at all resorts) and he brought us snacks and food (the street tacos were great at lunch time on the beach!).

Drinks: Again, not something thats always top notch at all inclusive resorts, but we were all so happy with the choices. The bartenders are AMAZING! They use fresh fruit to make the blended drinks and they are SOO GOOD!

Grounds: This would be the only area I would say could use little improvement. While the facilities, restaurants, and rooms are breath taking, I wish they would have a little more foliage and flowers. But really this is such a small thing.

Overall this place is incredible! Please go if you get the chance, you won't regret it! I'm such a big advocate of this resort!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed December 11, 2016

Of the many places we've stayed in the Gulf and Caribbean, this was clearly the best. It is relatively small (around 100 rooms), quiet, and very private and away from the touristy part of Cancun. The rooms are spacious with all the amenities you would want. We had a "swim-up" suite which had a patio opening onto a pool; it was great. The beach is nice (although perhaps not as large as, say, Eagle Beach in Aruba), but it is clean, the water is calm, and we never had a problem getting lounges at the beach or at any of the three pools (even though the hotel was at full capacity, it never felt crowded).

The staff is excellent and went out of their way to accommodate us, including fulfilling special requests. Our housekeeper (Blanca) was very nice and went the extra mile for us, including making cute animals out of the towels, a fun little touch.

There are four restaurants on site. The food was excellent at all of them. For breakfast, there is the option of an incredible buffet at one restaurant or ordering off the menu at another. Both were great. Lunch is at the "grill" restaurant by one of the pools or brought to you poolside or on the beach one of the ubiquitous waiters (who are constantly asking if they can get you another drink -- they work hard!). Additionally, every day on the beach they offer a different lunch like tacos, burritos, burgers, and paella. Dinners are big and filling, and the food is very gourmet. There are also a couple nights each week that have big themed buffets (like Mexican night), which are fun.

I should point out that my wife is a vegan. The restaurants all had separate menus for vegetarians/vegans, which were each unique and offered plenty of selections. She had a three course dinner every night without repeating. This is something that's really a great plus for the resort that we wish other places would offer.

There is an excellent fitness center with lots of equipment and an on-site trainer if you want. They also offer various activities like water aerobics and organized bike rides (to see parrots!). Bikes are also available for individual use and there's a nice sidewalk/bike path to ride a few miles on.

Finally, every night had entertainment of some form. While there are no big shows, there is music or activities every night of some kind -- karaoke some nights, dancing others, a casino night, a performance by some local dancers with fire, and even some local astronomers who bring their telescope to show you the moon!

In sum, Beloved is a wonderful place for a quiet, romantic getaway. If you're looking for a big, busy resort, this is not the place. But if you want great service, great food, and big pools in a beautiful setting, this is the place. We used to go to Aruba every other year; we will be changing our plans next time so we can return to Beloved.

My only real complaint is that while there is wifi throughout the resort (even on the beach), it is really only good for checking email and Facebook, and occasional surfing. For some reason, there is not enough capacity to stream movies or tv shows. This is not a huge problem since there is plenty of things to do, but it would be nice if the wifi was a little better.

6  Thank shackelton
Excellence G, Community Manager at Beloved Playa Mujeres, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Dear shackelton,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Beloved Playa Mujeres and for recommending us to all Trip Advisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you found your favorite getaway destination at our boutique hotel. We really appreciate your detailed and positive feedback regarding the quality and variety of food encountered and the tranquil atmosphere that made your stay so relaxing and enjoyable. In addition, thank you for your constructive criticism which helps with our continuing efforts to provide an excellent service and a great stay.

We truly hope to have the privilege to welcome you back in a near future and to provide you another romantic getaway.

Receive our warmest regards from the Beloved Family!

First, the really good:

The staff is absolutely A+. Very attentive and courteous, and they make you feel at home right away. Want to give a big shoutout to Eduardo on the beach. He kept us well fed and "hydrated", and was a pleasure to have around. I am the type of person that worries about everything, and these guys made me relax right away. I highly recommend the house transportation back and forth from the airport. They are right on time, and you ride secure and in comfort.

The drinks were fine, and you can pretty much pick any liquor you want. As far as food, I am a picky eater, so I will just say the food was OK. The portions were fine, but I would have liked to see more choices at each of the restaurants.

The pools by building 2 and 3 were quiet and clean. The pool by the beach was dirty and loud. Over by the jacuzzi, there was a thick film of goo (suntan lotion), just swirling around. I was told the pool is treated overnight, but to be honest, the one morning I looked, the goo was still there. Ew.

We had a casita with the pool on the roof. The room itself was fine, but the rooftop thing was a disappointment. There is no privacy up there, as people from the building next door can see you, and you can see them. Also, the rooftop pool is about 18 inches deep, where the ground level pool is about twice that. There was some peeling paint both inside and outside, but it wasn't a big problem.

Now for the not so good:

The beach front was a big problem for me. This hotel doesn't have a lot of it, and they block more than half with these "private" seating areas, which serve no purpose other than to block the view, and make access to the water difficult. Some of the people that rent these don't use them anyway, as they pull chairs outside to sit in the sun. In my opinion, these things should be removed or relocated to open up beach access. Add to this the water sports area with 8-10 kayaks and 2 sail boats, and you basically have to say "excuse me" to reach the water. If I have one complaint about this hotel, this is it.

Also, as someone else pointed out, I heard the loud music at the beach, at the pool, and from the building next door. There was more than one set of people doing this. Yes, I heard the country music blasting, but I also heard techno from someone else. To be honest, this is on the hotel more than on the guests. I feel they should just politely ask people to turn the volume down and I would like to think people would comply. There was also an issue with people grabbing towels, and "reserving" a set of chairs on the beach, but never using the chairs. I saw this twice. Saw the lady come with the towels, set them up, and split, never to be seen again while other people were walking around looking for a place to sit. We were at the beach the entire day, so this wasn't a small sample either.

Other:

We tried the hydrotherapy, and found it to be "meh". We also had a couples massage, which we thought was 80 minutes but it turned out to be less as some of the time is spent in seating areas "relaxing". The massage itself was just ok.

To be fair to Beloved, I have been a guest at Excellence next door, and there is no comparison. The niche that Beloved tries to carve out has a very narrow margin for error, and for the most part Beloved does a good job, but like every other hotel in the world, there is room for improvement. I don't mean for my review to sound negative. I just want to encourage my idea of perfection (they are close).

3  Thank fxcarden